General Thoughts: Ancient History (2 Viewers)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
What....

I thought the exam wasn't hard? Not including the Augustan age section which I'll be happy if i got an 10 out of 25 for...

I thought P+H was straight forward... Sparta was cool, but I didn't really like that economic question

I felt Caesar I did reasonably well for

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I assume that because you didn't reply with an answer you didn't find it very easy.

But I'm not sure what everyone else is going on about, even with my screw up on the tomb question (I remembered tombs outside a gate from a documentary but thought it may have been from the Augustan age.... dammit) and doing the Agrippina 15 marker in 15 minutes, <85% is easily achievable.

Also, with that avatar I bet u a H@Ck3R
no faggote shite i donting do ancienting history!? :dog:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I assume that because you didn't reply with an answer you didn't find it very easy.

But I'm not sure what everyone else is going on about, even with my screw up on the tomb question (I remembered tombs outside a gate from a documentary but thought it may have been from the Augustan age.... dammit) and doing the Agrippina 15 marker in 15 minutes, <85% is easily achievable.

Also, with that avatar I bet u a H@Ck3R
lol he don't do ancient

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I actually found it doable, not easy in any sense, but I felt I handled it well and could answer all the questions. Some of you guys had trouble with it which makes me feel like I misinterpreted the questions :S
That's how I'm feeling right now lol

Focus is Key

HSC
What....

I thought the exam wasn't hard? Not including the Augustan age section which I'll be happy if i got an 10 out of 25 for... I thought P+H was straight forward... Sparta was cool, but I didn't really like that economic question

I felt Caesar I did reasonably well for
They basically picked the 2 areas with the least material and said 'Lets make them write a 25 marker'.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
That's how I'm feeling right now lol
Pompeii 10 marker would have been easier but it was narrowed down to ONLY human remains ---> fucked me over.

Started talking about X-ray technology and Fiorelli plaster casts as my "own knowledge"

Focus is Key

HSC
Pompeii 10 marker would have been easier but it was narrowed down to ONLY human remains ---> fucked me over.

Started talking about X-ray technology and Fiorelli plaster casts as my "own knowledge"
Would you be able to talk about casts, since they were pre-1980's?

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
They basically picked the 2 areas with the least material and said 'Lets make them write a 25 marker'.
I wanted to cry when I saw that because I left it to the end... could have used the time to write more for sparta and Caesar question B

I knew NOTHING...absolutely NOTHING...I chose question A because of the quotation and basically bsed one booklet for it ffs

Fiorelli plaster casts...? Questioned specifid 1980s+ or something... right? wutt

Mutant Kitty

HSC

Quite old technology :/ I used many generalisations but identified 3d imaging as a way to recreate the appearance of people, as well as cropology which is hardly with the human remains unless they shat their pants upon death.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I wanted to cry when I saw that because I left it to the end... could have used the time to write more for sparta and Caesar question B

I knew NOTHING...absolutely NOTHING...I chose question A because of the quotation and basically bsed one booklet for it ffs

Fiorelli plaster casts...? Questioned specifid 1980s+ or something... right? wutt
Fuck. Lol.

I knew I was going to fail this exam. Hoping for 50 Raw. I cannot... get more.

Fkn Historical period they ask two questions I know jackshit about

zhusalmz

HSC
talk about Lazer - how she challenged the old interpretation of only the old people died @ p/h - disease trends, die, genetics, male / female size of bones contraception - bisel / mauiri romancing the bones - anglo american project diet of remains etc list goes on

lady @ oplontis cat scan etc

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
talk about Lazer - how she challenged the old interpretation of only the old people died @ p/h - disease trends, die, genetics, male / female size of bones contraception - bisel / mauiri romancing the bones - anglo american project diet of remains etc list goes on

lady @ oplontis cat scan etc
I said X-ray technology lmao

Focus is Key

HSC
I wanted to talk about the Philodermus project or Pompeii forum project but they screwed me over by specifying remains. I bsed about Lazer, Capaso, Bisel and the British School of Rome.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
How do you think you went marks wise?
Hmmm not sure too about the MC for P+H because I don't remember it

3/3 for the first writing question surely...
but for the 6 marker.. probably like 3-5/6 lol
10 marker... maybe 8-9/10? not too sure lol

Sparta
First question 2-3/3
probably the same for the Karneia question
3/4 for the for 4 marker... on dual kingship

lol I hated that economic question ffs anywhere from 8-11/15

I felt Caesar was my best section... got lucky they asked open ended questions lol

7-8/10 for A
11-14/15 for B

Augustan age...

lol

idk... might be completely wrong lol

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Also, I'll just say this on here....
I'm new to this site, but I get a strong vibe that people either say they did terrible or claim that they did wonderful attempting to 1 up the last person. Also, so many people take it so serious... I mean, a singular question whether worth 1 mark or 25 marks won't make or break the next step of your education nor your life.
Just relax... People make mistakes, and getting a band higher than someone is hardly indicative of intelligence or aptitude. It probably means that you either studied more, you're knowledgeable, or had an exam which suited you.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Well of course anything less than 85% is achievable.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
For those who did Sparta, what were your points for the Dual Kingship question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)