General Thoughts: Ancient History (1 Viewer)

BabzBrah

HSC
N/A
Thought I did alright the worst question for me was probably the 10 marker for Xerxes but should still hopefully get 7/8 HOPEFULLY :) Happier then expected.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Fuck. Lol.

I knew I was going to fail this exam. Hoping for 50 Raw. I cannot... get more.

Fkn Historical period they ask two questions I know jackshit about

I only chose question A for historical period because it gave me a quote :p

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Also, I'll just say this on here....
I'm new to this site, but I get a strong vibe that people either say they did terrible or claim that they did wonderful attempting to 1 up the last person. Also, so many people take it so serious... I mean, a singular question whether worth 1 mark or 25 marks won't make or break the next step of your education nor your life.
Just relax... People make mistakes, and getting a band higher than someone is hardly indicative of intelligence or aptitude. It probably means that you either studied more, you're knowledgeable, or had an exam which suited you.
1. Exam didn't suit me
2. Studied for the wrong stuff

P&H: 16/25
Sparta: 18/25
Personality: 14/25 lolz
Historical period: 5/25 llol

sammie293

HSC
My teacher didn't really teacher us anything on Augustus, wrote 1.5 probably will get a 2/25 IF lucky

Sparta was ok..but Kings and 'government' specifically kinda threw me off

Cleo was ok

Pompeii horrible
Didn't do as well as I would've like to, but for studying 3 topics the morning before I did ok.

zhusalmz

HSC
what about Pompeii multiple choice - I put AADDCD

also sparta king thing - if there was a war 1 would go out to command other would stay and govern + the bullshit about having 2 maintained order as opposed to 1 and some religious shit

Last edited:

knacknick23

HSC
I personally think I screwed up section 4 badly... BADLY. I prepared for the completely wrong things, memorised essays on Egyptian Pharoahs, their religious reforms, building reforms etc. Then foreign relations? >< I only had general knowledge and that definitely wasn't sufficient...
Also my section 2, I made stupid mistakes. I forgot what the thesmophoria was... UGH I REALISED AFTERWARDS... SO STUPID.

Is it still possible to get a 90+ Atar if you get like, a band 4 in ancient? :( 10 units.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
- To maintain Eunomia
- Diarchy
- made decisions with gerousia

LOLZ PROBABLY ALL WRONG
hmm I had something like:

- In times of war, one would lead the army, the other would stay back and attempt to maintain order
- Equality of perspective/judgement
- Ensured sharing of duties such as sacrificial duty in festivals...

SuperMike96

HSC
P+H: I think about 20/25 give or take 2. The last question I think I got 7-8/10
Athens in the time of Pericles: 19-22/25
Pericles: 17-19-25
Julio-Claudians: 17-19/25

I probably did much worse than I thought. That usually happens when I think I've done alright.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I personally think I screwed up section 4 badly... BADLY. I prepared for the completely wrong things, memorised essays on Egyptian Pharoahs, their religious reforms, building reforms etc. Then foreign relations? >< I only had general knowledge and that definitely wasn't sufficient...
Also my section 2, I made stupid mistakes. I forgot what the thesmophoria was... UGH I REALISED AFTERWARDS... SO STUPID.

Is it still possible to get a 90+ Atar if you get like, a band 4 in ancient? :( 10 units.

omg dude are you a NKE - T4 person?!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
hmm I had something like:

- In times of war, one would lead the army, the other would stay back and attempt to maintain order
- Equality of perspective/judgement
- Ensured sharing of duties...
LOL well fuck

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Going to upload popular topics from the exam...anyone want specific sections?

Last edited:

Mutant Kitty

HSC

Of course... I have 11 units and will get a band 4 for English Advanced but overall probably get an atar between 85-90. Just do really well in other things and you'll be fine.

In saying that, I hate how the purpose of school is to get an ATAR that is high as opposed to education itself... An ATAR only effects the immediate prospects, and nobody should grant a number reason over their confidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)