General Thoughts: Ancient History (1 Viewer)

sedmo

HSC
m8 I was hoping for a band 6 now I'm getting a band 3. Chill the fuck out. lol.
hahah i wish but i got absolutely annihilated by english advanced, barely studied and am going to pay the price for it aka only finished one essay out of the four. was counting on ancient to redeem myself slightly ... and that did not happen haha

sedmo

HSC
Yes..I feel ya :( Not sure about my internal mark...maybe high 80's as well. My Ancient teacher was probably the best teacher I had in all of high school, and I've let him and myself down. The eruption question made me panic a bit, especially the Herculaneum part of it. The 10 marker was awful too...deffinately the most specific...they specified a date AND the types of remains. Haven't done that in recent years as far as I know. I am praying the exam aligns well...Ancient scaling has never been that great but this year its BOUND to improve. Said my farewells too, hoping for a band 6 is dellusional for me at this point, praying to scrape 80's. Ohh well, I still wish you all the very best in your results :)
now im hoping for the 80s :) i know that all my class found it extremely difficult, as most of the people on this site have. one of the teachers at my school wrote the exam and i remember her laughing (in an evil manner) when i was like 'i just hope they arent very specific'. so yeah, maybe i should have interpreted her repsonse a little better hahaha. apparently they've become a lot tougher with the exam, because a lot of people were just rote learning their essays. that would explain why the essay questions were so specific. the teacher said it was to 'stop all the private school kids being spoon fed all the answers'. i dont know if thats the case, but i didnt benefit from the new harder style of the exam haha

Lina3

HSC
it was a wine docket, you lose cy@ b6

also I'm pretty much in the same position, everyone in my cohort except for 1 person finished within the first 90 minutes :/
Noo...I clearly remember an alabaster cup in the Antiquity 2 book. Ohh well, one mark's not going to make any difference...a shitty mark will stay a shitty mark.
Yes, people were walking early out of mine...many others were just sleeping on the desks.

now im hoping for the 80s i know that all my class found it extremely difficult, as most of the people on this site have. one of the teachers at my school wrote the exam and i remember her laughing (in an evil manner) when i was like 'i just hope they arent very specific'. so yeah, maybe i should have interpreted her repsonse a little better hahaha. apparently they've become a lot tougher with the exam, because a lot of people were just rote learning their essays. that would explain why the essay questions were so specific. the teacher said it was to 'stop all the private school kids being spoon fed all the answers'. i dont know if thats the case, but i didnt benefit from the new harder style of the exam haha
Well it certainly disadvantaged those private school kids...and everyone else -_- Seriously, that test was so evil...when I came out my teacher forced on a smile and was like: "Well, it was a fair paper, it would be really good at sorting out people who really know their stuff." hmm. I hear that HSC Ancient marks are notoriously bad, since many people pick it just to fill units. If they really wanted to improve the state as a whole, this was not the test to do it with.

Focus is Key

HSC
There were literally only three people out of 20 remaining in the exam room by the end at my school lol. My teacher will probably be upset when she reads the paper cause she just skimmed over a lot of the material.

Last edited:

sammie293

HSC
There were literally only three people out of 20 remaining in the exam room by the end at my school lol.l.
That's what happened at my school! Everybody left except me and 4 others (500 ranked school lol)

Don't worry guys you'll all get better marks than me

hyperr

HSC
the whole of the ancient history cohort at my school last year got band 6.. we're pressured. such high expectations.

maddiestevens

HSC
hahah i wish but i got absolutely annihilated by english advanced, barely studied and am going to pay the price for it aka only finished one essay out of the four. was counting on ancient to redeem myself slightly ... and that did not happen haha
Same don't worry. Ancient destroyed me I think it will scale well though because look how many people also got destroyed by it and we are on a study forum so think of all the people who don't really care too much. I bet half the state didn't even pass

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Same don't worry. Ancient destroyed me I think it will scale well though because look how many people also got destroyed by it and we are on a study forum so think of all the people who don't really care too much. I bet half the state didn't even pass
LOL let's hope so :(

HSC
Hoping there's a large distribution of marks ...
Do you think the markers are nice with giving out marks especially in the essay sections?

zhusalmz

HSC
someone was saying 13/25 was the average for the new kingdom essays earlier, that can't be right?

Focus is Key

HSC
An Ancient history marker told me the usual average for Section 4 is around 11/25 approximately. If that's the average usually this year it could be like 8-9/25 lol.

Lina3

HSC
An Ancient history marker told me the usual average for Section 4 is around 11/25 approximately. If that's the average usually this year it could be like 8-9/25 lol.
Seriously!? They must be Draconian with the marking then. What do they expect? A PhD thesis? For god's sake we have 40 minutes to write it, even if someone is really knowledgeable, you can bet there is almost no-one that can write down absolutely everything pertinent to the question really quickly and still manage to be logical and cohesive...unless they rote learned the essay, but that's a whole other argument.

SuperMike96

HSC
My ancient teacher told me the average for P+H is usually about 13-15. I don't believe her though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)