General Thoughts: Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

laila09

HSC
compared to my answers
i wud give you 15+
i focused too much on reconcilliation and cudn't write bout human rights but i talked about UN and declaration of human rights and the boat ppl i see everyday on the news how they still don't gotta home

yes i know it sounds pathetic :(

IT IS NOT PATHETIC!
It is still completely right. Reconciliation can still be considered and it is great you have talked about the UN and the declaration of human rights which many probably wouldnt have. The boat people (australias treatment of refugees) would probably be considered the best answer! and what the markers are looking for. It is an issue while is also current so is GREAT!
I think you have done fine and dont need to worry and should turn the blue sad face at the end of your sentence into a :jump:

MzG1zi

HSC
what did everyone put for the 'outline two geographical processes' from the source..i think i did the tornade and deforestation or something.
i did coastal management and waste management.
my coastal management one is prob wrong.

laila09

HSC
For the geography long response, the only thing I wrote about how the placement of asylum seekers in mandatory detentions was a breach of human rights D: Then talked about strategies.

I felt so bad for only writing about one human rights issue.
dont feel bad. There is nothing wrong with only doing one if you have done it in great depth!;)

coco la

HSC
i must admit geo was a surprise because all my teacher was telling us to study was reconcilation and coastal management. She like only mentioned human rights like once in term 1 and made us write an essay on it. It was the only one i did. history was okay. but man i was bored when i finished the exam, and i didnt want to look at the exam. anyway one more to go. good luck to all

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
Here are the points i expanded on in the Geo Ext. Response. Someone give me a base mark out of 15!

- compulsory detention in isolated areas - eg in Christmas Island
- UN Declarations of HR
- i talked about how australia's % of its GNP gone towards aid is extermely low compared to other countries. it is also below the UN's target of 0.8% of a country's GNP.
- australia takes in a significantly small number of refugees compared to other countries e.g. pakistan, Sri Lanka.

manutd12

HSC
OMG the most random thing happened to me during the test, I was writing my long response for Geo when all over a sudden my left ear started bleeding. And I'm like WTF and I called one of the BOS ladies, and their like theirs nothing wrong with you, take the tissue and continue the exam.

They are such heartless cows, I swear I asked for a piece of paper she started lecturing me how I should make my answers shorter. So glad don't have to see them for another 2 years.

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
what did everyone put for the 'outline two geographical processes' from the source..i think i did the tornade and deforestation or something.
i wrote waste management issue thing cuz there was a pic wth a truck and rubbish and lang degradation yeah i probably got it wrong

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
OMG the most random thing happened to me during the test, I was writing my long response for Geo when all over a sudden my left ear started bleeding. And I'm like WTF and I called one of the BOS ladies, and their like theirs nothing wrong with you, take the tissue and continue the exam.

They are such heartless cows, I swear I asked for a piece of paper she started lecturing me how I should make my answers shorter. So glad don't have to see them for another 2 years.
are you serious
i started choking lMAO
well my throat was really ticklesh
i asked them if i oculd go and get water
they let me
:S
haha maybe cuz it was reading time i dunno

laila09

HSC
Here are the points i expanded on in the Geo Ext. Response. Someone give me a base mark out of 15!

- UN Declarations of HR
- i talked about how australia's % of its GNP gone towards aid is extermely low compared to other countries. it is also below the UN's target of 0.8% of a country's GNP.
- australia takes in a significantly small number of refugees compared to other countries e.g. pakistan, Sri Lanka.
It all depends on how well it was written. The main issuee you have talked about here is the issue of Australias treatment of refugees and it sounds like you have related it well to it being an issue. So it sounds great so far but what strategies did you use to solve this?

stevey6404

HSC
Wrote about the waste of the factory at the very top damaging quality of water etc

second one was the dumping of waste by the truck on the bottom right corner.

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC

- UN Declarations of HR
a lot of people wrote about sri lankans in their response
in the human rights one
i had to do an assignment on it
and we'd always had to write responses
i wrote examples
of children and human rights , aboriginals, human rights for like the death chair
AMNESTY <-- an organisation
i also wrote about the Article oh human rights and wrote
strategies to express human rights by television ads,radio , newspapers
and they can do petitions for human rights
which is active citizenship
ehhh i dunnooo ><

laila09

HSC
in the human rights one
i wrote examples
of children and human rights , aboriginals, human rights for like the death chair
ehhh i dunnooo ><
This seems very good.

HSC
Uni Grad
lol after reading all these posts about the extended response i'm feeling that I suck compared to everyone else =P

Oh well, I just hope everyone gets a shitty mark so we'll get scaled up like crazy xD

and hope that more than less than half the state gets under 25/50 =P

MzG1zi

HSC
in the human rights one
i wrote examples
ehhh i dunnooo ><
wow, urs sounds so smart.
i didnt learn much about it and what i learned was from commerce so i wrote about child labour caused by tnc's and racial discrimination, yer, i know, im probabli wrong...

laila09

HSC
lol after reading all these posts about the extended response i'm feeling that I suck compared to everyone else =P

Oh well, I just hope everyone gets a shitty mark so we'll get scaled up like crazy xD

Trust me with raw marks there will definately be more than half the state under 25!

MzG1zi

HSC

haha, yer same here. but even if i dnt get a band 5/6 ind geo i dnt care cause its never been my best subject

laila09

HSC
also just because the majority of the state gets under 25 does not mean a 35 etc will get a band 6
they will look at the quality of each response if the average on a 15 mark human rights q the best answers got a 12 the band 6 answer will become a 12 instead of 15

laila09

HSC
the test im pretty sure is out of 100?
thats how my sc was published.

Rahul19

HSC
was disgusted at the friken geography extended response. WTF. I was wishing it was something to do with like aid or waste management. sooo poinntless.

MzG1zi

HSC
does anybody know the consequences of doing a test in pencil, not pen? cause i really need to know, i think i did most my answers in pencil yesterday :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)