General Thoughts: Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (2 Viewers)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Aboriginals may have worked if you were clever. However I somehow dont think its what they are really looking for. Aboriginals previously had their human rights defied with assimilation and the stolen generation etc etc. but this was already solved with self determination and reconciliation etc. etc.
What exaclty were you saying was the issue with Aboriginals?
The health issues is good however you did have to make sure you were talking about current issues and not already solved ones.

For aboriginals I wrote how they suffer higher social ills as a result of past practices and legacy.

hul0

HSC
at first when i read the question about what season i was like wtf how am i supposed to know
but then i realised the chart was dated 22 january up the top
so i was like sweeet
ohh smart i neva saw that but thats real smart i was sitin there calculating air pressure and rainfall around nsw =|

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
haha.

did anyone notice in the first geo mc question (what is the season on this climate graph or something) there was a DATE?

lol owned >_>

eh it was a pretty good test. some of the questions were really weird :x like the source one...hopefully band sixes =]

LOL. I didn't realise until I checked it the second time round. I did guess correctly though.

Fake-Name

HSC
Re: Geo/HistoryExam

For the geo human rights i just made stuff up until the lines were full..

I was pissed off about the history short response about Sources, It would have been better if they gave us a question about migrants and not about a historian and sources.

The support for vietnam was alright, but it shouldn't have been the extended 15 mark question, I would have rather had a choice on this or Aboriginal rights.

HSC
Uni Grad
i think you would because i did the same ;)

what did you get for the 1st geo question like what season was it

i put summmer probably got it wrong

and the bearings in short answer was it around 283 degrees
Nah it was summer. The top bolded words said it was 22 January or something...

laila09

HSC
For aboriginals I wrote how they suffer higher social ills as a result of past practices and legacy.
Well that sounds perfect if you related it to it being a human rights issue because their rights to blah blah blah were defied. Good job!

supre

HSC
haha.

did anyone notice in the first geo mc question (what is the season on this climate graph or something) there was a DATE?

lol owned >_>

eh it was a pretty good test. some of the questions were really weird :x like the source one...hopefully band sixes =]
i thought the answer was spring.

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha that one got me, too. I was like: what the hell?! And ended up writing about what they might use the sources for, forgetting I should have probably written which sources they would have used... oops.

The long response for Geo completely threw me off: We'd only had one lesson on it, with our teacher expecting us to know stuff from history. Because, clearly, we learn about human rights in history??
I just wrote about government organisations and NGOs and policies in regard to human rights. Goodbye band 6 :[
Guessing this year many people are gonna say good bye to band 5's and 6's too, since they were fucked on the human rights question... xD

We had like... no lessons on human rights, except in history, which wasn't even part of geography >_< All the teacher talked about was Australias regional and global links....

For the human rights question, i wrote about how Australia could get involved in human rights issues like giving AID, humanitarian schemes and that shit... not sure if it really relates or not..

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
haha.

lol owned >_>

Yep I noticed :)

Summer ftw

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Well that sounds perfect if you related it to it being a human rights issue because their rights to blah blah blah were defied. Good job!

LOL. i guess that makes up for my crappy elderly part and racial discrimination part.

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Geo/HistoryExam

hmm... i screwed up the geo and history exam... and also they asked us questions that noone would ever think of or would have been taught... like that source thing, and a 15 mark human rights essay... >_<

They should have put the changing rights and freedoms of a group for the 15 mark question :/

gunat61

HSC
i'm pretty sure it was summer cos the date was january something =/
fked up geo long response. i wrote about sex, age and racial discrimination (what was i thinking??) . if we get a band 1 (worst case scenario) do we still move onto year 11?

smartalec

HSC
that strategies for human rights threw me off too. i doubt i did it right..i jsut went on about aboriginals and some crap about white australian policy.
i was under pressure ok!!

HSC
Uni Grad
fked up geo long response. i wrote about sex, age and racial discrimination (what was i thinking??) . if we get a band 1 (worst case scenario) do we still move onto year 11?
dw... you won't get band 1 coz the SC scales you up to make the state look good. Otherwise half the test takers would get under 50% of their raw mark.

And the BOS says that you just have to pass the SC by not getting an N award and taking the mandatory exams... so yeah, you've done it already, you can move on.

laila09

HSC
Guessing this year many people are gonna say good bye to band 5's and 6's too, since they were fucked on the human rights question... xD

We had like... no lessons on human rights, except in history, which wasn't even part of geography >_< All the teacher talked about was Australias regional and global links....

For the human rights question, i wrote about how Australia could get involved in human rights issues like giving AID, humanitarian schemes and that shit... not sure if it really relates or not..

Guys, dont go kissing your band 5's and 6's away just yet!
The markers in the marking centres use scaling. They look at everybodys responses and if everyone has typically done bad they move 5's into 6's and 4's into 5's.
This years exam was rather difficult and was not what was to be expected.
Particularly the history source question. In previous years the questions have been simple and about the tent embassy etc etc and as a result there were better marks. However this year it has been very difficult. Therefore people will typically do bad and you will all be scaled upward and get decent marks.
It is all just about your results being good in comparison to the state!

hul0

HSC
FOR HISTORY was the columbo plan question the option on EDUCATION AND TRAINING OPPURTUNITIRS WITHIN AUSTRALIA OR ENCOUARAGING SOUTH EAST ASIAN MIGRANTS

i put the first one :[

smartalec

HSC
your doing hard subjects and your worried about not passing?? :L

silence--

HSC
oh boo at all you noticers =[ i suck

yeah human rights q is definitely gonna be the discriminator for band 5/6 i reckon.

we'll wait and see

laila09

HSC
dw... you won't get band 1 coz the SC scales you up to make the state look good. Otherwise half the test takers would get under 50% of their raw mark.

And the BOS says that you just have to pass the SC by not getting an N award and taking the mandatory exams... so yeah, you've done it already, you can move on.
Unfortunately that is not the case. A large portion of the state will recieve band ones. However if you are still better than a large majority of the state you will be scaled up and you will recieve a higher mark.
If you do get band ones in everything though you will still most definitely move onto year 11!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)