General Thoughts - Biology (1 Viewer)

B

bekmay

kay90 said:
i died.
i then had to study for legal.
i died for that too.
LOL you just said the exact same thing in the legal thread except you swapped the word legal with biology. funny =]

Kew

HSC
syriangabsta said:
bitchiest question was 8 marker, and the question about making an experiment for 'new product' that kills pathogen :D

I completely agree with you! haha.

I almost ran out of time for the pathogen experiment thing because I left it till the end .. You don't want to know my answer I wrote for it..

o_O

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
Kew said:
I completely agree with you! haha.

I almost ran out of time for the pathogen experiment thing because I left it till the end .. You don't want to know my answer I wrote for it..

o_O
lol theres noo way time can possibly be a factor in the biology exam....i usually finish within 1.5 hours, if not 2...with good answers :)

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
syriangabsta said:
lol theres noo way time can possibly be a factor in the biology exam....i usually finish within 1.5 hours, if not 2...with good answers :)
are u serious... but then again past biology exams ive finished much earlier.
this was the only time in a biology exam that i actually needed all 3 hours to do it... i didnt even get to check it!! grr...

HSC
syriangabsta said:
yeah i agree, i left at the 2 hour mark so i must have finished it in 1 hour 45 minutes, because i looked over it like twice.

Kew

HSC
I agree on the time bit, but for some reason today I was just so induced in each question, thinking for minutes on how to structure what I was going to write thus I was so shocked by how much time I wasted!

skatrib

HSC
Far out!!! Talk about hell! Biotechnology was soooooo hard!!! like the 7 marker and like the 6 marker question was like what the hec!!. I was convinced i was doing well in the exam until i reached the biotechnology question. Man i dont think i would have gotten more than 13/25 for that- like the worst i've ever done ::mad: I am spewing. Everything i strongly believed was going to be tested for in biotech (and everything i studied mostly for was not in there).

Also, talking about bad luck, the sourdough question asking about the bread fermentation was a shocker. Doesn't the syllabus say we should know either fermentation of bread OR alcohol not both? I studied the fermentation of alcohol not bread.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm so cut about Bio...

I studied so hard for so long. I did so many past papers.

There was so much crap in this pape that wasn't in others.

I could bullshit my way through section I.

But communication was a bitch! Especially the 6 marker and the ear diagram! :l

erinhawker

HSC
bah. i HATED the bio exam. i dont think i ever had to bullshit so much for a science exam in my life.
im so unbelievably relieved i never have to do it again. although i would have preferred to have parted with the subject on better terms.

dolbinau

HSC
UncoKane said:
I'm so cut about Bio...

am! :l
I know what you mean, like, we couldn't really apply much knowledge.

erinhawker

HSC
UncoKane said:
I'm so cut about Bio...

But communication was a bitch! Especially the 6 marker and the ear diagram! :l
i dont think it would have helped me anymore even if i did study more. gah. communication was aweful to! it was all generally awefull!!

skatrib

HSC
Re: how did you go?

kid123 said:
Yeah i just finished it...finally over...so much shit i study wasnt even on the test! Overall i thought it was ok but there was some tricky stuff..but overall better than i expected.

Yeah i agree- SOO much i studied wasn't even on the test and i studied alot. Biotechnology was a killer- everything i had studied the most wasn't on there. Talk about jynx!:vcross: :lol:

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Yeah that's what sucks about bio there is so much information and you end up studying for the wrong stuff. They tend to focus into one section into detail to make it impossible for everyone to study in-depth for every single topic...

tulZzz

HSC
hey if i get lets say 80% in HSC wat would i get allinged too?

dolbinau

HSC
Well I don't think anyone knows but a lot of people here say +5 marks so 85%

skatrib

HSC
Answers to multiple choice (through help of teacher and other students)

1) D
2) A
3) B
4) B
5) C
6) D
7) A
8) C
9) B
10) B
11) B
12) D (THIS COULD EVEN POSSIBLY BE A BUT D IS MORE SPECIFIC)
13) D
14) D (I PUT A but i was told by 2 friends this was wrong. 1 other friend agreed with me. what do u guys say?)
15) C

HSC
skatrib said:
Answers to multiple choice (through help of teacher and other students)

1) D
2) A
3) B
4) B
5) C
6) D
7) A
8) C
9) B
10) B
11) B
12) D (THIS COULD EVEN POSSIBLY BE A BUT D IS MORE SPECIFIC)
13) D
14) D (I PUT A but i was told by 2 friends this was wrong. 1 other friend agreed with me. what do u guys say?)
15) C
14 is A.

dolbinau

HSC
14 is definitely A, lol. I don't know where people come up with other things (D?). It's not like the 6 "C" or "D" debate.

skatrib

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
R u sure?

Thanks for that.
It means i would have got 14/15 for multiple choice YEAH ME!!!!

Hey did anyone do biotechnology? That was a KILLER!!!!

HSC
dolbinau said:
14 is definitely A, lol. I don't know where people come up with other things (D?). It's not like the 6 "C" or "D" debate.
definitely. for 14 i had to stop and think, but D was the one i eliminated first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)