General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

hsc2012la

HSC
Easiest Bio exam ever in the history of the HSC. Although I do have doubts with answering the question where we had to describe how we determined the size of the RBC, skimmed over it whilst studying argh. The rest were so straight forward and easy. :)

kentonite

HSC
marked with a couple of my friends and i got 14 out of 20 for multiple choice. there goes band 5 and 6 out cause i know i made other mistakes in the other questions

markGee

HSC
i swear this test was so easy... even through i know i messed up the 8 marker (didn't get Macfarlane Burnett correct - i spoke about vaccines and how he led to an improved understanding of that, rather than specifically the immune system... so hopefully that scrapes a mark)
and i know i would have got roughly 18/20 for multiple choice because i asked a teacher afterwards... dont know why people are saying it was hard
anddd i probably lost at least 5 marks in communication... i put cochlea instead of round/oval window, whatever it was meant to be... i just hope i got the cut-off for a band 6

nicolaas

HSC
MC - Q: 9 (zylem ploem), 12 (highest conc. of nitrogenous wast) 16 (i stuffed up the agar plates) and 18 (plants keepin cool) all the ones iknow i got wrong...well i have my hopes up for 9.
Short answer - 23.b (i drew a pedigree...what indicates that the disease could be because of a recessive gene?) 25.a ( lol if i was english speaking i probs could have pronounced "irradiated" and got it right)
Option: 31.a (was it ok if you named the ossicals instead of just saying 'ossicals')

hnnhp

HSC
N/A
What did everyone write for the epidemiology question?

hnnhp

HSC
N/A
MC - Q: 9 (zylem ploem), 12 (highest conc. of nitrogenous wast) 16 (i stuffed up the agar plates) and 18 (plants keepin cool) all the ones iknow i got wrong...well i have my hopes up for 9.
Short answer - 23.b (i drew a pedigree...what indicates that the disease could be because of a recessive gene?) 25.a ( lol if i was english speaking i probs could have pronounced "irradiated" and got it right)
Option: 31.a (was it ok if you named the ossicals instead of just saying 'ossicals')
That's pretty much what I think I got wrong, what did you pick for the nitrogenous waste one? I put the renal artery but I'm pretty sure its wrong

RishBonjour

HSC
That's pretty much what I think I got wrong, what did you pick for the nitrogenous waste one? I put the renal artery but I'm pretty sure its wrong
I put collecting duct I think
Because, question said concentration, and by the time it reaches collecting duct, almost everything else has been reabsorbed except urea + some solutes and water

Dedication_

HSC
No immune response... no monohybrid crosses... no Darwinish/Wallace theory questions... no DETAILED xylem/phloem questions... no non-infectious disease questions... This clearly was not a Biology exam, BOS trolled us. I'm looking at a 55-69/100.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anybody have the paper!!??!1

kylie1D

HSC
So for that multiple choice.. is the answer that the phloem had cytoplam? and not the xylem one?? (sorry dont rmbr the qn exactly)

nicolaas

HSC
jah i put the cortex for some reason? i believe colecting ducts was the correct answer

supmingers

HSC
I thought the exam wasn't difficult, but they tested some weird things and left out main parts of the syllabus :/ That was a tad annoying

amy5123

HSC
He's mentioned in a dot point title so techinicallu speaking they can ask about him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)