General Thoughts: Biology (2 Viewers)

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
was that fucking beaker exposed to air or not? I couldn't tell because the shading was ambiguous. If it was, it had growth because it wasn't boiled properly. if it wasn't a lid it was coz it was exposed to air.

what the fuck was it somebody?

(was pasteur's experiment q)

Last edited:

bengosha60

Peasant
HSC
For the 8 marker, what did you guys write for the technological change?
honestly the crappest question for me... too much bs involved.
Mendel - no technology as he just hand pollinated
Sutton - microscopes to observe meiosis in grasshoppers... (BS)
Morgan - used some ADVANCED TECH TO BREED AND EXPERIMENT WITH FRUIT FLIES + Hand lens to observe white eyes (bigger bs)

prob gonna get lek 5-6/8

fallenang3l

HSC
Serious? Did you actually talk to your bio teacher?

I'm legit so worried about those 5 marks! So many people are saying clone and no clone! Fuck =(
I don't think that reasoning is right. Doubtful that the teacher actually said that :dog:

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
I said something about the rat eating more to produce more energy =/

And shivering, obviously.
I wrote something about increased levels of co2, and that the rat would move further away from the cooling unit lol

HSC
For the 8 marker, what did you guys write for the technological change?
I said that Darwin's observations were just that since the tech of the time was insufficient, Mendel having better tech (didnt really classify what exactly) was able to provide the evidence for the mechanism of inheritance occuring in pairs of two, and then Sutton having even better tech was able to verify Mendel's pairing system and modified it to call them 'chromosomes'. So didnt really specify any specific technology... woops

Last edited:

narutofire21

HSC
i said it was a clone it carries all the same genes, identical to the female because they were from her own gametes. Thats why they said talk about sexual reproduction because fertilisation integrates 2 totally different happloid gametes forming an individual. In this case it would not be unique because dominent alleles will always take dominence over recessive. Look at it as a punnet square your pretty much using the same Genotypes as with the female, cause its an integration of her dad and mama's genes. The same process is carried out with these clones, the same genotype is used to make an identical copy. i bsed off this during the exam, i talked about gamate formation & sexual reproduction tho so i can get 0 atleast. and i was seriously considering saying it wasnt a clone, as much as i was gonna say it was, but i took this thesis instead.

HSC
I said something about the rat eating more to produce more energy =/

And shivering, obviously.
I imagine that eating more would probably be accepted since it is /observable/ and it is in relation to maintaining homeostasis

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
i said it was a clone it carries all the same genes, identical to the female because they were from her own gametes. Thats why they said talk about sexual reproduction because fertilisation integrates 2 totally different happloid gametes forming an individual. In this case it would not be unique because dominent alleles will always take dominence over recessive. Look at it as a punnet square your pretty much using the same Genotypes as with the female, cause its an integration of her dad and mama's genes. The same process is carried out with these clones, the same genotype is used to make an identical copy. i bsed off this during the exam, i talked about gamate formation & sexual reproduction tho so i can get 0 atleast. and i was seriously considering saying it wasnt a clone, as much as i was gonna say it was, but i took this thesis instead.
I get that, but what if the female was heterozygous and both the ovum used contain a recessive gene? Wouldn't that cause a different genotype? Idk haha

trungduong12

HSC
I wrote "it was a clone" too :/
If it wasnt
Then i would get 0/5

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

britaker

HSC
So didnt really specify any specific technology... woops
I believe I did, but incredibly nebulously and presumably not in the way I was supposed to xD

I talked about Mendel, then Sutton and Boveri. Basically said that Mendel used a brush to pollinate, but Sutton and Boveri were able to observe meiosis under a microscope (or something similar, idk).

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
WhAt did u write for rennin question i) and ii)?

i said the c02 is converted into carbonic acid and then dissociates into hydrogen ions, which effectively lowers the pH of the milk. As rennin functions in the stomach of animals (i.e. an acidic environment), it was approaching its optimum pH. This is why the ones with more c02 bubbled through took less time to solidify.

and then i expanded on that for part 2

britaker

HSC

The data showed that the optimum pH of rennin was acidic? (I went into more detail during the exam but can't be bothered to type everything out xD)

HSC

Ummmmm if I can remember the question properly I think I just that the results show that an increase in CO2 correlates to an increase in acidity, and the results show that the more acidic the quicker it is to solidify

and then I related it in question 3 to the acidic environment of the stomach being an advantageous adaption to allow for this and pretty much what I already said in part 1 but differently XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)