General Thoughts: Business Studies (2 Viewers)

hairspray

HSC
i checked my short answer section three times trying to find the sections on financial ratios! I was sad that there wasnt financial ratios in there... wouldve been easy to scab marks.
-Multiple choice were easy as! But i wasnt sure on the vertical integration question...question 16 to be exact.
-Short answers were alrite... i didnt use the directive terms though.
-Business Report- DIDNT use directive terms... bad reccommendations
-Ext Response (28%)- alrite, i knew the syllabus points and the case study... just had trouble linking!

jessjackowski

HSC
multiple choice was pretty alright, only a couple i had to stop and think about...Short answers weren't 'hard', but they came from really nitty gritty parts of the syllabus...i fricken hated the stupid environmentally friendly bag question..about whether it was misleading or not? wtf?......business report was alright, differentiation had me stumped for a bit though.....and the the essay q's were a bitch. 28 was the lesser bitch i thought though.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
EXAM=EPIC FAIL
The multiple choice appeared hard because i thought the questions were trying to trick me because they weren't actually that hard
the short answer = fail because I don;t remember studying even half the crap they asked for
report =omfgwtfbbq ....it was quite hard... i wrote in 2 booklets but it was seriously like ramble ramble ramble

ESSAY = epic fail of my life

in summary = band 2

.Sally.

HSC
I found the multiple choice and short answers were easy finished them early, but then both the extended responses... gahhhhhh!!!!! stuffed them up so bad, I had no idea what i was writing about :(

lolrofllol

HSC
What the hell was a strategy for differentiation? I though differentiation WAS the strategy :\

I wrote about reasearching the market for information to differentiate lol... was pretty much all normal marketing there...

Also, social responsibilities = flexibility in working conditions and aging population, would that be right? Fck that report was shit

and I got the first q wrong -_-, feel like shit atm, fk english

post your mc answers:
in order, A,D,B,D,D,B,A,B,C,A,A,B,C,A,B,A,D,C,C

superralex

Sheriosusly BHS09.
HSC
Geeze, where was global and change!? Bloody financial!

Um, for the strategy for business, I wrote Global Branding but changed it to Research.

Social Responsibility = Ecological Sustainability and E-Commece =[

TateDimech21

HSC
was that the hardest business studies paper ever i think so, well not MC but the short answer they went a completely opposite way than normal and asked questions they have never asked before i thought the last two questions were fairly easy-ish! There will definantly not be as many band 6's as usual

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
multiple choice was pretty easy
short questions were alright
business report was ok
question 27 was fuckin insane.. completely FUCKED the second part on the financial planning.. only talked about budgeting and thats about it ..

SamuelW23

HSC
Hardest Business Paper ive attempted, especially the BAG QUESTION. Did alot of bullshitting and i found the business report really difficult.

TheGodfather

HSC
Multichoice was a joke (easy), short response was ok except for like 2 questions like the ASX question -> made up stuff for that- believeable stuff :p, rest was good. Biz report went ok , didn't use strict terminology for the social responsibilities (used 'Environmental responsibilities' instead of 'ecological sustainabilities'), part from that i think i went alright. Extended response was just effed in the head, again, didnt use strict terminology for the 'market research process' but had a strong presence of the general idea, used correct terminology for the rest of it, linked it successfully to my case study, managed to write 9 pages for it.

exam was unique, broke the trends of past papers. e.g. no accounting in short response. all in all, i think i went alright :)

bnowland

HSC
Section 1 and 2 were sooo good, extended responses were THE WORST!
I stuffed section 3 the worst, only left 20 mins to do it. :(
Can anyone tell me how screwed i am for section 3-
Social responsibilties i wrote about ecological sustainability and like i think i wrote like 'disclosing info to the public' (no where in syllabus?)
Global marketing strategy i wrote about differentiation, and then how pricing methods (i.e. skimming) can differentiate them
Key influences on E.R i wrote about economic cycles and then pretty much scribbed down like 'legal considerations' haha
FML!
Do you guys think i may have just passed this essay?

laram

HSC
i found the business report quite hard although i managed to write the whole booklet..would of written more but i only had half an hour left to start on my ext response which i bombed cause it was all rushed :(

Also wat did everyone put down for the environmentally friendly bag question?
i put price discrimination for the pensioners get cheaper price thing

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
What the hell was a strategy for differentiation? I though differentiation WAS the strategy :\

samee WTF!!!
I just used "product differentiation approach" as my heading anyway becoz i had no idea wtf to do!

Dreams

HSC
i found the business report quite hard although i managed to write the whole booklet..would of written more but i only had half an hour left to start on my ext response which i bombed cause it was all rushed :(

Also wat did everyone put down for the environmentally friendly bag question?
i put price discrimination for the pensioners get cheaper price thing
it asked for reasons why it could be misleading or deceptive

soooo you didnt really answer the question :/

i put global branding for the differentiation of stores in asia

BUSINESSKING

HSC
i put global branding for the differentiation of stores in asia
Global branding is possible but generally more aligned for a standardised approach vs a differentiated approach, unless the company is very large; you still need to mention it though

Pretty easy test, I wrote 14 for the report and 12 for extended response (Q28), expecting 98-100 raw, though as low as 96 is possible I guess... Less than that and I'll probably kill myself.

Worship me, peons.

leestarr

HSC
i thought it was pretty hard there were some tricky multiple choice
the short answers werent very easy
and the extended response was alright hopefully that pulls me up
but i ran out of time in the essay badly and worse thing is i knew everything to write

but if alot people found it hard im not going to worry that much aye

Dreams

HSC
Global branding is possible but generally more aligned for a standardised approach vs a differentiated approach, unless the company is very large; you still need to mention it though

Pretty easy test, I wrote 14 for the report and 12 for extended response (Q28), expecting 98-100 raw, though as low as 96 is possible I guess... Less than that and I'll probably kill myself.

Worship me, peons.
what did you put for that question? and what was your impact statement on the environmentally friendly bags?

La Bomba

HSC
i expecting 19/20 for multi choice. abbove 35/40 for section II. section III and IV were crazy, just hoped for da best, tlked my teacher bout the stuf i wrote afterr, all of it was right lmao. cant believe she said that, thort i was gona be completely wrong. anyway im expecting a high band 5 for busines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)