General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

Dreams

HSC
i didn't even know what customer types exactly mean

someone care to explain?

Dibbles

HSC
I'm so upset. i reckon i'll get 19 or 20 for multiple choice, short answers werent too bad. hopefully i get around 35, but the extended response questions completely fucked me up. i'm looking at a really low mark for both of them. FUCKKKK, i spent 10 times the amount on study for this but it looks like my trial mark will be far better. Fuk u Board of Studies

bench

HSC
i didn't even know what customer types exactly mean

someone care to explain?

Customer types =
Individuals/Households, Firms, Gov (Public Sector), Clubs and societies, Educational institutions, Religious groups.

Financial planning cyle =

1. Determine current financial position of business
2. Determine financial objectives in the business plan
3. Develop budgets - financial tools to allocate resources to different areas of the business
4. Predict cash flow to determine times of cash shortfalls and surplus for the business
5. Prepare financial reports to summarise progress
6. Interpret financial reports to reveal whether financial goals will likely be achieved
7. Maintain record systems to store all financial information of business
8. Planning financial controls, which are systems to reduce errors in records, identify where the business has not reached its targets and reduce losses due to theft, fraud and lost assets.
9. Minimising financial risks and losses such as insurance against fire and theft.

jessica.anne

HSC
N/A
Multiple choice and short answer were easy and the business report was pretty good.

But the extended response questions were insane. I forgot to talk about my case studies and only remembered on the way home. FML.

Enchantress91

HSC
Multi guess was easy. Except for one question.

A business using factoring to pay creditors --> liquidity or solvency????

I put liquidity.

Stuffed up the last question (2nd extended response choice). :mad:Get 7 marks for that Q and I'll be over the moon.

And also, could interest rates by a financial influence for exporting?

Twaddlespeak

HSC
Yeah it was an alright exam,
multiple choice was fairly easy,
short answers where okay, some good bullshitting involved.
the business report was pretty solid gunned roughly 11 pages for that one
however, the extended response i did 27 in report format, didnt get to finish i was up to 11 pages then had to stop :(

bench

HSC
Yeah it was an alright exam,
multiple choice was fairly easy,
short answers where okay, some good bullshitting involved.
the business report was pretty solid gunned roughly 11 pages for that one
however, the extended response i did 27 in report format, didnt get to finish i was up to 11 pages then had to stop :(

How is your HSC 2007?

o_O

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Congrats guys! One down, however many more to go. See now it's not that bad now is it?

So-smart

HSC
The multiple choice was ok, however the short answers were a little hard...question 26 wasn't too bad, although questions 27 and 28 were incredibally difficult to write about...question 28 was a bit better
But seriously WHERE were the financial ratios....thats the thing i studied the most

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Multi guess was easy. Except for one question.

A business using factoring to pay creditors --> liquidity or solvency????

I put liquidity.

Stuffed up the last question (2nd extended response choice). :mad:Get 7 marks for that Q and I'll be over the moon.

And also, could interest rates by a financial influence for exporting?
That question was unconventional, went with liquidity too. the company is paying off current liabilities? meh.

Last edited:

acevipa

HSC
The multiple choice was ok, however the short answers were a little hard...question 26 wasn't too bad, although questions 27 and 28 were incredibally difficult to write about...question 28 was a bit better
But seriously WHERE were the financial ratios....thats the thing i studied the most
I agree. I was expecting short answers to be easier than that. Was it just me, or was there more ethical and legal than usual

Lilyy

HSC
No Global?! come on. I was expecting Global, Financial and Marking for extended.
No financial calculations in short answer. :D
Overall okay but my hopes for band six went down the drain. T___T"

Enchantress91

HSC
i was up to 11 pages then had to stop :([/quote said:
Oh my lord. 11 pages? You gotta be joking.

I did 2 pages of sh-t. Pure golden sh-t for Qantas. Made up eeeeeeverything.

Can't believe I came second for the trial. There goes my 81 ATAR... (Pysch at Aust. National Uni). Hope UWS will accept me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)