General Thoughts: Business Studies (2 Viewers)

tmaccalk

HSC
whats the maximum mark you can get for not including a case study in section 4?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Relatively easy MC.
Iffy-Wtf SA.
Iffy-Wtf BR (the business should just go through cessation to be honest).
Good old easy essay questions.

Also wrote 19 pages of bullshit.

I also forgot to use the spare writing space for SA, will they rip me for not writing on the lines provided?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
yeah but theres the logic that "WHEAT" could be sold within industrial markets to make final goods e.g. bread.
I think flour would be in the industrial market to make bread tbh because wheat is a really really raw, basic material. Thats how I justified picking D) Resources tbh. You can't shove wheat into the batter and expect a bread to come out, as its basically a plant like thing until its been milled into fine flour.

And I was also thinking of the example I had where Toyota uses "intermediate" components to make its vehicles such as steel plates etc and you can't just mine that without the original being like lumps of rocks and metal before its forged into a half-finished product which is then used in an industrial market.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
What the fuck is with this guy's trials:

How could a teacher predict the exact wording (apart from the verb) of the HSC examination? Is it possible? Or is something sus going on here. So unfair lol.

Flop21

HSC
Well, I don't know about 0-17, but 17-20 requires case studies
It's literally like 5 marks or something. Check the marking criteria, and you'll see case studies are required right up until like the last band.

kawaiipotato

HSC
Yeah I think SA was tricking. Wtf was with the process layout Q?? Literally could not think of anything (well I made up something, not sure if correct).
What'd you do for it?? I was a bit confused for that hahah

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

How could a teacher predict the exact wording (apart from the verb) of the HSC examination? Is it possible? Or is something sus going on here. So unfair lol.
Well Operations question is always that general "competitive advantage" stuff. I didn't even bother reading the Finance question once I saw Operations.

Flop21

HSC
What'd you do for it?? I was a bit confused for that hahah
It was a tricky question that I couldn't really think of at all since my notes didn't have anything that would be relevant for the q, so made up on the spot.

Think for the first one I said something about considering the function of each piece of equipment and grouping them in order to get max efficiency because he customises furniture (I know that's the definition of process layout lol). Then for the second one I said something about making sure the layout is correct and he doesn't decide to change to a non-customisable approach since the financial costs of rearranging plant layout are high.

Don't think that answered the question though

Flop21

HSC
Well Operations question is always that general "competitive advantage" stuff. I didn't even bother reading the Finance question once I saw Operations.
Hmmmmm, yeah true, the case study point in the syllabus is the competitive advantage part. Still jealous my teacher didn't predict the questions at all.

ThomasMcCorquodale

HSC

Haha that's my picture! My school bought the paper from WeSSSTA (Western Sydney Social Sciences Teachers Association, see http://www.wesssta.net/). My teachers insist it's a complete coincidence, but it seems too far fetched if you ask me!

ThomasMcCorquodale

HSC

Haha that's my picture! My school bought the paper from WeSSSTA (Western Sydney Social Sciences Teachers Association, see http://www.wesssta.net/). My teachers insist it's a complete coincidence, but it seems too far fetched if you ask me!

ThomasMcCorquodale

HSC
Also, anyone by chance have a PDF copy of the paper. As far as I'm able to search the Facebook/here/elsewhere, one hasn't been uploaded yet.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Hmmmmm, yeah true, the case study point in the syllabus is the competitive advantage part. Still jealous my teacher didn't predict the questions at all.
Ah well, it wasn't really a problem for me because I practised that essay question so many times

Flop21

HSC
Hahahah. So sus.

Well at least the 2016ers know what trial paper to practice for business next year (WeSSSTA 2016).

Thunderstorm

HSC
For what it's worth I got A, Industrial. Can't remember the question exactly but the wording had convinced me lol

Flop21

HSC
For what it's worth I got A, Industrial. Can't remember the question exactly but the wording had convinced me lol
Yeaaaaaah I reckon you might be right. I chose resource :( think it might have been a trick question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)