General Thoughts - Chemistry (1 Viewer)

bmwz4

HSC
Forbidden. said:
I forgot to write C2H5OOCH13C6 for ethyl hexanoate
erm wasnt it structural formula that u had to draw in the box? argh i wrote the whole equation and said the products were ethyl hexanoate and water....

calculations were difficult though ie. the sulfur in ppm and the Cl-

the red cabbage was good though

joshuajspence

HSC
does anyone know when the board of studies release the HSC 2007 chemistry paper on their website?

littlemaster

HSC
i thought it was pretty ok.

saw through a few of there tricks like the diprotic sulfuric and the sulfur solid in the equilibrium question(industrial)

hope i picked all of them.

i only got about 25mins to check over it coz i spent like 50mins on industrial making sure i answered every bit of it!

i wrote 3 pages for the NaOH question lol

joshuajspence

HSC
Forbidden. said:
I drew the structural formula ... the H - C - C - O .... and wrote the name ethyl hexanoate that's it (It better not be hexyl ethanoate).
yeah i did the same. and yeah its definately ethyl hexanoate

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
joshuajspence said:
yeah i did the same. and yeah its definately ethyl hexanoate
Yeah, and you had to draw water too, lucky I checked over my exam because I forgot to do that when I first did the q hehe.

astrolio

Shifty Member
HSC
WOoPS i overlooked the diprotic nature in industrial :mad1: oh well, i just finished on time anyway. i wish i didnt spend so much time on one of the calculations ><

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Any shitwreckers here ?

I mentioned copper, cathodic protection and stainless steel as part of my response to the 6-mark question.

EDIT:

My chemist is a forensic chemist who analyses evidence from a crime scene (blood, semen ...) and deduces information from it. He will use analytical chemistry and use chemical principles such as chromotography to separate substances of similar chemical and physical properties and electrophoresis as biological molecules are charged and can be migrated in an electric field.

I did not name mine because it didn't ask for a name probably and I didn't have one in the first place.

Last edited:

bjwilko

HSC
"it doesn't matter that it was 373K. probably just put there to try to confuse people... my teacher always told me to state the equilibrium with a temperature..

eg. K = 1.33 at 373K

Since it changes. But no, don't think it was meant to be 273K"

Yeah you're right. Don't know what i was thinking of. Oh well...

Last edited:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Like everyone said, it was a fair test but despite saying that, I probably didn't do to well. :(

tmde1st

HSC
I thought it was pretty good. i was a bit surprised actually. but in saying that i probably didnt ace it.

sykoticx

HSC
it was an alright test...
calculations were abit tricky and multiple choice!! ><"
but overall pretty good... but this means it'll be harder to get band 6..

fennafen

HSC
overall i thought it was okay, a few tricky ones but the 6-7 mark questions i could do easily.

roadkiller

HSC
Thank god you guys say the test was good, coz some of my friends who are much better at chem than me said they didn't do very well - and often when i feel good it means i did really bad...

o no, i thought structural formula meant C2H5... i didn't realise u had to draw them (i wish i'd paid attention in yr 11) - i used the box for a diagram (ARGH how stupid?)

i have a question - what do u mean when u say u didn't fall for the sulfur solid trick in industrial chemistry - don't u include it in the K? it's a product at equilibrium... please explain?:confused:

joshuajspence

HSC
roadkiller said:
Thank god you guys say the test was good, coz some of my friends who are much better at chem than me said they didn't do very well - and often when i feel good it means i did really bad...

o no, i thought structural formula meant C2H5... i didn't realise u had to draw them (i wish i'd paid attention in yr 11) - i used the box for a diagram (ARGH how stupid?)

i have a question - what do u mean when u say u didn't fall for the sulfur solid trick in industrial chemistry - don't u include it in the K? it's a product at equilibrium... please explain?:confused:
theres no such thing as "concentration" for a solid so therefore you dont include it

beccawood

HSC
roadkiller said:
only gases and aqueous solutions are including in the equilibrium constant, solids and pure liquids arent.

I felt pretty shit after the industrial chem bit!! coz i didnt know the overall solvay equation... spent too much time studying sulfuric acid :(

but otherwise it was ok... only one of my chem units will be counted anyway. thank god!

anniea89

HSC
Any shitwreckers here ?

I mentioned copper, cathodic protection and stainless steel as part of my response to the 6-mark question.
Yep. I did wood (but I said it wasn't metal) Iron and steel.

Why did they ahve question on car batteries? We did nothing on car batteries!!!

mizanila2

MASTER MASON
HSC
i found the shipwrecks question about the insicator and stuff to be pretty wierd and it took me 10 minutes before i understood wat was goin on in the question lol adn i also took a whole new exam paper wen iwas walkin out lol so i have all the sectionz:p
but over all it was alittle bit harder then last years i rekon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)