General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

JaySea2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone remember how many marks the heat of combustion graph was? (The one where you had to plot two lines)

I can't believe that I actually missed that question. D:

iStudent

HSC
I went through like all the cssa ones, all the neap ones, all the independent ones from 2001-2014 and for exam choice did most of them?? Which paper is this? Why did i miss it/
Exam choice 2009

Triage

HSC
N/A
for the calculation of purity, I wrote, the sample is 20% impure.

Will this receive full marks?

iStudent

HSC
Damn I realised that both of my limitations are kind of included in their first limitation. :(
I hope they take it separately LOL
I mentioned the oxides of nitrogen (memory ftw) and that burning pure sulfur is different to burning sulfur contained in ores. I kind of made that up but do you think it'll pass? lol

zhertec

HSC
for the calculation of purity, I wrote, the sample is 20% impure.

Will this receive full marks?
Um I think the question specifically asked for the purity of the dry ice :L I'm not sure if that answer would lose marks since it's technically right..

iStudent

HSC
I'm not sure if I can get full marks anymore :/
I wasn't explicit when mentioning the merits. Kind of vaguely linked the process as being the same as the formation of acid rain. :(
And this is only 1 question! Well band 5 chem here I come LOL

photastic

HSC
I'm not sure if I can get full marks anymore :/
I wasn't explicit when mentioning the merits. Kind of vaguely linked the process as being the same as the formation of acid rain. :(
And this is only 1 question! Well band 5 chem here I come LOL
Would be happy with 87+ tbh

photastic

HSC
At this rate chem my (was) 2nd fav subject won't even count! :(
gg so much for 97 weighted average for school mark! (but tbh I kind of expected this for hsc)
Was your school exams that easy? But I suppose your teachers aren't old dicks like the hsc markers who mark for perfection.

Swopneelfly

HSC
N/A
Guys, you know for the question where you had to assess the use of ethanol in society? would "recreational drinking" be an acceptable answer?

IR

HSC
^LOL
i wrote about solvent and fuel for industry
Same bro cos syllabus dtp. How did u go btw? Some people wrote about other stuff like ethene and then polymerization. But marking criteria strict hence won't count that cos ethene can't be used for anything. And bro did u notice the plagiarism of hsc?

IR

HSC
Guys, you know for the question where you had to assess the use of ethanol in society? would "recreational drinking" be an acceptable answer?
Nope. U use it in alcoholic beverages but that is not in syllabus. And not much to write about that anyway. And if yoi wanted to go further you could've written aboit use in cosmetics.[emoji38]

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
uh im looking at 85+ conservatively, i think i got 90+ tho prob 85-90.
Uhm yeah my friend wrote about ethanol used in esterification. I think mostly people wrote about solvent and fuel cause it has the most chemistry behind it. I explained why etOH is an effective industry solvent and why ethanol was a fuel that could undergo combustion, also put an equation. Showed all the positives and negatives and overall said despite its costly production and its generally inefficiency in comparisson to octane fuel, its extensive use in all these industrial processes make it good. something like that. im banking on at least 5/7 hopefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)