General Thoughts: Chemistry (2 Viewers)

emilios

HSC
How did people finish in 1-1.5 hrs? Dont you want to spend time carefully wording your answers and adding all necessary details? No point of blasting through the exam when its Chem and they take marks off like opera gives out free stuff

emilios

HSC
lol I couldn't even finish, missed out on a 3 marker and was forced to do multiple choice in 8 minutes (gg)
Had 10 minutes to do the ethanol q. Sounds like a lot but I was freaking out LOL. Timing for science is weird

iStudent

HSC
lol did you make this? probably something like this when they do it

AND I HOPE SO LOL YAY I GOT FULL
Nope exam choice did (a commercial company)
and yay high 5 :D
(I saw this q before and then when I saw it again I was like YAY)

QZP

HSC
What da fuck did i just witness

Last edited:

zhertec

HSC
lol I couldn't even finish, missed out on a 3 marker and was forced to do multiple choice in 8 minutes (gg)
Haha ikr sucks when your run out of time, like the 7 mark soaponification, my hand literally stopped working it started to write squiggly horizontal lines instead of words -.-

britaker

HSC
Haha ikr sucks when your run out of time, like the 7 mark soaponification, my hand literally stopped working it started to write squiggly horizontal lines instead of words -.-
I rushed through the paper and finished with half an hour to go. Spent that time re-doing the MC and touching up a few questions. Honestly though I'm not expecting to do very well. I mean I can't think of anything I obviously fucked up but

1) I ain't looking at any solutions online (too depressing), and
2) This is me we're talking about, and knowing my luck... :rolleyes2:

emilios

HSC
I addressed the nitrogen part of that question and also said in the real world it is rarely sulfur itself that is combusted, but it is from the smelting of mineral ores.

Is that two limitations? Absolute rubbish if they take off 2 marks cos you missed 1 limitation... this is why chem is fucked

IR

HSC
I addressed the nitrogen part of that question and also said in the real world it is rarely sulfur itself that is combusted, but it is from the smelting of mineral ores.

Is that two limitations? Absolute rubbish if they take off 2 marks cos you missed 1 limitation... this is why chem is fucked
what nitrogen?

IR

HSC
Going through 30+ trial papers has done me good :D
I went through like all the cssa ones, all the neap ones, all the independent ones from 2001-2014 and for exam choice did most of them?? Which paper is this? Why did i miss it/

emilios

HSC
what nitrogen?
one limitation of the modelling of 'acid rain' thingo was that it didn't model the formation of nitrous and nitric acid, which are a big constituent of acid rain. hence it pretty much didn't address half of the issue.

apparently you needed two limitations but that was the main one i could think of and went off

IR

HSC

But I just said that the actual system would have lower conc since open system and tbis is closed and that in this the formation of acid rain is not modelled but only that ph is reduced which models the evidence of acid rain but not the formation. Ie. Here you had to put the ionization in water eqn in where proton donor or h+ donor none were seen.
one limitation of the modelling of 'acid rain' thingo was that it didn't model the formation of nitrous and nitric acid, which are a big constituent of acid rain. hence it pretty much didn't address half of the issue.

apparently you needed two limitations but that was the main one i could think of and went off

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
They wont care. Mark for the hcl equation, hcl use of moles, conversion of moles in the co2 equation and then finding correct percentage. but if you over did it they would.
they will
they always mark at least one question sig. figures. That was the one probs.

zhertec

HSC
Damn I wrote 80.02%. That's wrong yeh?
I also wrote that lol, but I think as long as you don't excessively write the number of decimal places, they wont mark you down usually..I hope..

Is it still possible for me to obtain 90+ in chem guys?

School rank: top 20
Total average rank: 50s/108 I think with a mark of 78 ish compared to first which is 90 I think.
How I went in the HSC: guessing about 75-80 raw dont want to be too optimistic though (since HSC marking is a b*tch).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)