General Thoughts - Economics (1 Viewer)

jono1887

HSC
thought it was ok... pretty straight forward...

with Q7 when AD is increased in an economy at NAIRU,
isnt the answer C as the immediate effect a decrease in unemployment and increase in prices, but after unemployment increases....

and Q12 dont you finance a deficit by borrowing domestically to maintain stability
bcz if you sell bonds internationally, it directly worsens the CAD, where as the crowding out effect is indirect...

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Yeah.. There is usually high levels of income inequality in developing countries as a few rich people have all the money, and everyone else lives in poverty. So I dont think it is A

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
jono1887 said:
thought it was ok... pretty straight forward...

with Q7 when AD is increased in an economy at NAIRU,
isnt the answer C as the immediate effect a decrease in unemployment and increase in prices, but after unemployment increases....

and Q12 dont you finance a deficit by borrowing domestically to maintain stability
bcz if you sell bonds internationally, it directly worsens the CAD, where as the crowding out effect is indirect...
i htink the answers posted in the previous page said C for question 7. I also got D for question 12.

Scissors

HSC
i fucking loved this exam. i'm expecting about 80% raw. that's good considering i only started studying this morning. :D

kriss3e

HSC
haiderr said:
how can question 1 (MC) be A - low levels of income inequality? coz it asks for charactistic of a DEVELOPING economy. shouldnt it be D - high dependance on agricultural production?

Question 12 (MC): i got D. what did every1 else get?

I agree with you on both questions :)

AWrules

HSC
hey can people post their multiple choice answers?

This is what i got...

1)D
2)B
3)D
4)B
5)A
6)D
7)C
8)C
9)C
10)A
11)A
12)B
13)C
14)A
15)C
16)D
17)A
18)B
19)C
20)B

michael1990

HSC
Loved extended responses.
2 questions in short answers made me think.
and Multiple choice questions from 10+ were tricky.

AWrules

HSC
Yeah my friend got D, could well be right

I thought D might be wrong, as it contributes to the 'crowding out' effect and thus increases dependence on foriegn funds, adding to financial liabilities, worsening the CAD which is a measure of external stability

sirfeathers

HSC
Alright I thought, although there seemed to be a much heavier emphasis on "real world" knowledge than on any of the theory. Eg. the globalisation questions in the short answers and the fact that all the extended responses directed you to talk about something in relation to the Australian economy/ specific global organisations.

mathslover

HSC
what did u write for the develpment strategy that promoted eco dvlopmt.
conveniently, that was the ONE thing i didnt study. i just bullshitted about "reforms" china was using to "promote glob which have caused eco dvlpmt". and then i put in a shitload of stats describing HOW china's dvlmpt has improved, but i wrote hardly anything on china's reforms (obviously cz i dont know any reforms that china has done) i did a LOT of stats though. is my answer partly correct? will it get me atleast 2-3 marks?

what did u gys write for this SAQ?

andrewmurray91

HSC
sirfeathers said:
Alright I thought, although there seemed to be a much heavier emphasis on "real world" knowledge than on any of the theory. Eg. the globalisation questions in the short answers and the fact that all the extended responses directed you to talk about something in relation to the Australian economy/ specific global organisations.
:pain:hardly...real world is the falling exchange rate while that question couldnt even be related to the current issues which i studied fall....

maybe if they had of said a change in the exchange rate it would have been good...but i didn't think much of the paper! :angry:

jono1887

HSC
jacobkhoury said:
17 is C not A.
actually, 17 is A.... the lower the GINI coefficient is, the more equal the economy. increased welfare payments = more equal distribution, which is opposite to an increase in GINI

bazza159

HSC
its funny how everyone found this test so easy, cos it was definitely one of the trickiest short answers since 2001. Howd everyone manage with the multiplier q/question about deregulation/ question about economic growth + domestic and global influences/net income q???

and on top of that the essays were 'evaluate' questions which are much harder and require more in depth dicussion..

hked

HSC
mathslover said:
what did u write for the develpment strategy that promoted eco dvlopmt.
conveniently, that was the ONE thing i didnt study. i just bullshitted about "reforms" china was using to "promote glob which have caused eco dvlpmt". and then i put in a shitload of stats describing HOW china's dvlmpt has improved, but i wrote hardly anything on china's reforms (obviously cz i dont know any reforms that china has done) i did a LOT of stats though. is my answer partly correct? will it get me atleast 2-3 marks?

what did u gys write for this SAQ?
i dont remember the question, but i think it said discuss ONE strategy they used

so it was like, u had to note the strategy, i.e SEZ, Open door policy etc. and then its effect .. ull get some marks dw

danz90

HSC
It was a nice, fair and straightforward test IMO. However, I wouldn't say it was piss easy or anything.. it still was at the standard of past hsc papers. Raw band cut-offs should remain around the same... i reckon 82/100 for band 6.

zoci

HSC
guys i need help!!!!!!!!!!! i didnt write section 3 or 4 on any of my writing booklets is that badddd? what do i do now:spam:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)