Tha Wishkah

HSC
best paper, few MC threw me (14,18)
and the last question in short answer was a little shakey aswell

other than that i feel like i dominated

nerdtron

HSC
N/A
yeah i thought the exam was pretty easy - although the multiple choice did cause some problems and the 3-mark question on net income was pretty gay i thought

but yeah the extended responses were gifts - i did the globalisation and monetary and added some of the stuff thats happening in the economy now to the monetary essay

but yeah it was fun :)

cccclaire

HSC
hated this test.

All I studied for were the essays and they were piss easy.

Short answer was an absolute bitch

@who

HSC
yea i agree with the general flow. Multy choice was dodgy in many ways due to the fact alot of the questions were not really specific which was a pain. i mean that lorenz curve one. WTF~:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
i was shitting myself before the start of the day, modern and eco, but by the time i got to reading the eco paper i sat back and relaxed because the paper was so fucking easy.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
So i thought M/C was fucking hard as.
Short answer were simpleeee.
And essays questions were sweet.
Im guessing i got 78-82 raw.

HSC
SA was the hardest part by far. MCQ/essays were ridiculously easy.

I feel like BOS is going very easy on us 08ers. So far the only test that I've heard has been harder than usual is 4U Maths.

petersuciu

HSC
For the fiscal policy essay question did any1 mention other policies that could also be effective in achieving economics objectives?

karnage

HSC
petersuciu said:
For the fiscal policy essay question did any1 mention other policies that could also be effective in achieving economics objectives?
Why?

Geohood

HSC
I did for Monetary.. just 2 paragraphs on how Fiscal and Micro assist it and how they're most effective working together. meh thats what our teacher told us to do hes an ex senior hsc marker :D.. im just pissed I forgot bloody 'blunt instrument' and 'transmission mechanism'! - how much would I lose for forgetting those 2?

Last edited:

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
Geohood said:
I did for Monetary.. just 2 paragraphs on how Fiscal and Micro assist it and how they're most effective working together.

im just pissed I forgot bloody 'blunt instrument' and 'transmission mechanism'! - how much would I lose for forgetting those 2?
Yep, I did the monetary essay and i mentioned how we need to use a blend of monetary and fiscal to achieve our objectives.

At your 2nd line, I didn't mention those two, either. D:

EDIT: oh no, i did, i just didn't call it the transmission mechanism.

Last edited:

Scissors

HSC
i wrote my two essays and when i was going over my exam, and reading through my essays, i noticed the quotes and i almost shit myself. then i noticed that i sorta did mention the quotes, even though i didn't directly refer to them.

mathslover

HSC
hked said:
i dont remember the question, but i think it said discuss ONE strategy they used

so it was like, u had to note the strategy, i.e SEZ, Open door policy etc. and then its effect .. ull get some marks dw
oh goodie.. i guessed open door policy:)

coins

HSC
jacobkhoury said:
17 is C not A.
By increasing welfare payments the gini coefficient would decrease. The answer is A, as an increase in the percentage tax of the GST leads to a greater amount of income from lower income earners, thus increasing the gini coefficient.

cahillzy8

HSC
RohanZ said:
this is true.
found most of the paper quite easy.
funny u say that mate.. cuz according to ur other comment u didnt even bring up the 'blunt instrument' part. so you obviously didnt even answer the question, cuz u cant evaluate the effectiveness of MP without discussing limitations. especially that one.

if u couldnt appreciate the difficulty of that paper then u can definately not expect to do well. if u can accept there were tricky parts in the short answer, especially in the 2 markers, and a lot of thought was needed for the essays then you'll probably come out alright.

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
cahillzy8 said:
funny u say that mate.. cuz according to ur other comment u didnt even bring up the 'blunt instrument' part. so you obviously didnt even answer the question, cuz u cant evaluate the effectiveness of MP without discussing limitations. especially that one.

if u couldnt appreciate the difficulty of that paper then u can definately not expect to do well. if u can accept there were tricky parts in the short answer, especially in the 2 markers, and a lot of thought was needed for the essays then you'll probably come out alright.
I edited my post, blunt instrument was the only thing i didn't bring up.
and i'm not going to lie and say the paper was shit hard. It wasn't. I found the MCQ pretty decent and I'm sure i scored well with the Short answer. The essays were alright, too. I'd say at least 16+ for the first one and maybe around the same for my second one.

PeterRickards

HSC
petersuciu said:
thats meant to be pretty much 1/5 of ur essay yes...

that enables the market to see that u have properly evaluated effectiveness

i did monetary. however i did 2/3 pages on the fact that fiscal and micro can actually acheive certain objectes more efficiently than monetary.

what u did was definately right.
as long as u made a quick reference to something like time lags as well

layzeehbum

HSC
i reckon mc is quite hard... it took me more than 15 min to finish that section...
i didnt expect that they would ask us to mention a particular country for a couple of the questions in the short answer (unfortunately i didnt memorise my case study so i had to make up lots of bullshit on the spot...hope it makes sense though )
the essays r ok i guess... except the last one (either fiscal and monetary). i chose monetary and rave on a lot about it until i read the question again which actually asks for the "effectiveness" of the policy.... i just hope that i do ok...
expecting at least 85...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)