General Thoughts: English–literacy (1 Viewer)

HSC
^^ slash I think what falsenthusiasm means is to get the four marks, they wrote four techniques. I didn't do that though, just interpreted it, and I'm doing ext. next year. Not sure if that was necessary?
My teacher stressed that 'how' meant to use techniques. :/

premskies

HSC
techniques? oh flip!
what if you basically analysed the way it presented tension to the audience? (adding quotes too)

goalie95

HSC
what was the question with the quench definition? A lot of people put extinguish but thats dubious.. :\ they all meant the same thing in the context! I said fulfil..

zombies

HSC
what was the question with the quench definition? A lot of people put extinguish but thats dubious.. :\ they all meant the same thing in the context! I said fulfil..
Was satisfy an option? I might've put that.. or maybe it was fulfil idk.

I think its definitely not extinguish though.

KappaD

HSC
Let's face it - all creative writing follows some sort of scaffold; ie:
Intro - Link the stimulus to some sort of horrible event in history (ie the Holocaust, Vietnam, some other war/tradgedy)
Then proceed to establish a vague, metaphysical setting in which the narrator introduces a central theme (regret, loss). Be sure to chuck in a lot of imagery and 'big words'.
Middle paragraphs - Flashback to some event in the protagonist's past. Include some reference to Greek/Roman/other mythology (ie Atlas, Neptune) and continue the excessive vagueness. Maybe chuck in a haiku.
Conclusion - Flashforward and continue the excessive usage of imagery techniques.

Works every time - practically guarantees 90% + on every test (esp. the SC)

Eg155

HSC
Let's face it - all creative writing follows some sort of scaffold; ie:
Intro - Link the stimulus to some sort of horrible event in history (ie the Holocaust, Vietnam, some other war/tradgedy)
Then proceed to establish a vague, metaphysical setting in which the narrator introduces a central theme (regret, loss). Be sure to chuck in a lot of imagery and 'big words'.
Middle paragraphs - Flashback to some event in the protagonist's past. Include some reference to Greek/Roman/other mythology (ie Atlas, Neptune) and continue the excessive vagueness. Maybe chuck in a haiku.
Conclusion - Flashforward and continue the excessive usage of imagery techniques.

Works every time - practically guarantees 90% + on every test (esp. the SC)
True that ^ teachers love this setting out.

Renegader

HSC
They could all work. I was thinking either satisfy or fulfil but in the end I put fulfil. I'm pretty sure it was satisfy, no?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
They could all work. I was thinking either satisfy or fulfil but in the end I put fulfil. I'm pretty sure it was satisfy, no?
The context it was used in was:

They were "insert bad event here", but nothing could quench their determination for a better life, they continued to work hard.... etc

Something like the above, I think extinguish works best. As it says that even though they went through hell, they still found motivation, so nothing could stop them, or "extinguish" their motivation.

blaine

HSC
Engrish was better than I thought it was going to be. Felt pretty good after the exam :)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I thought it said desire instead of determination. If it's determination then extinguish sounds about right.
Maybe, I can't remember exactly. Either way still has the same effect if it was desire or determination.

RedDeadMaddie

HSC
What was the answer to the question about the peoples faces on the train in the visual?
I put that they were worried the girl was going to fall.. They didn't look that annoyed that the train was squished and I forget the other options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)