General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (Modules) (1 Viewer)

eggy91

HSC
I thought the test was fair and the questions were well contructed. Hoping to score 50+ ideally but not sure if I wrote enough for that (about 900-1000 words per essay). On an unrelated note can someone tell me if its possible to split half a one unit subject, like sor so that my internal marks count for it but my externals dont, or is this only possible for a 2U subject? I am worried because I do 12 units and biology is my worst subject however i think i seriously screwed the external exam for SOR but my internal mark is good.

ashllis92

HSC
Dear Massive tools who post projected ATARs, ranks and how they think they did in exams, YOU ARE ARROGANT LITTLE F*CKERS WHO SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.
even if you do think you "aced" an exam or found it really "easy" and "can't wail til the next one" you are meant to say that it was hard and are glad its over!!!
Furthermore, no one believes you when you say you wrote over 14 pages for each section, so there is not point in lying about it!!!!!!
It's time to build and bridge and GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!
kind regards,
the rest of the more humble people sitting the HSC
Have a sook somewhere else would you? I would also like to point out the fact that you a great big hipocrite. This is because:1) People who are confident in their performance should lie about this confidence2) People should not lie about the number of pages they writePlease have a little consistency before you have a hissy fit next time. Also for next time, try and gain a grasp of the English language which allows you to make a point without getting angry. Although it could be this lack of English skills and resultant self-doubt which may be the reason for your original post. The rest of the HSC students who wish to engage in intelligent conversation.

rorycole92

HSC
Modules A (Texts In Time - Frankenstein and Blade Runner) and C (Conflicting Perspectives - Julius Caesar) were ok but not what i studied for but Module B (Speeches) was absolute Bullshit!!!! Non of the speech i concentrated on had anything to do with "Justice"....Very disappointed...

jippie154

HSC
lol i kind of agree with alicemarie in the sense that a lot of people are being quite arrogant with what they're writing. "omg that exam was sooooooooooooooooooo easy" "i aced that exam i'll definitely be getting 19+ for all sections"

like im really happy for you and everything but it could be quite discouraging for people who didnt do as well

bettybrown

HSC
lol i kind of agree with alicemarie in the sense that a lot of people are being quite arrogant with what they're writing. "omg that exam was sooooooooooooooooooo easy" "i aced that exam i'll definitely be getting 19+ for all sections"

like im really happy for you and everything but it could be quite discouraging for people who didnt do as well
thank you....finally someone who sees sense!!!!!!!!!

tonyharrison

HSC
YES my reply was very similar to urs! i even used the words natural order etcetc...also refered to the debate of whether Deckard is a replicant or human thus questioning of identity...didnt have enough time to write about everything though
Yeah i was going to do the thing on Deckard as a replicant or human but totally ran out of time and just managed to fit in that the whole bit about women being absent so it was "unnatural". Soo rushed haha, wished i even just had 5 more min for each section! In the last like...15min when i was trying to fit everything in, i started writing really shit sentence structures where you repeat the same word like 50 times but you have to keep going...*sigh*...oh well, it's all over !!

4theHSC

HSC
Have a sook somewhere else would you? I would also like to point out the fact that you a great big hipocrite. This is because:1) People who are confident in their performance should lie about this confidence2) People should not lie about the number of pages they writePlease have a little consistency before you have a hissy fit next time. Also for next time, try and gain a grasp of the English language which allows you to make a point without getting angry. Although it could be this lack of English skills and resultant self-doubt which may be the reason for your original post. The rest of the HSC students who wish to engage in intelligent conversation.
lol I think its because the bos is full of 'elite' students and so presumably they would say it was easy etc... I don't think most of the state would agree

tku336

HSC
I think I did reasonably well. 6.5 for hamlet, 8 for H+M and F+B. probably about 51-52/60.

jippie154

HSC
lol I think its because the bos is full of 'elite' students and so presumably they would say it was easy etc... I don't think most of the state would agree
yeah agreed
i actually thought the paper was quite challenging and a lot more specific than last year
eg. for yeats you had to speak specifically on how he showed desire, whereas last year it was just broadly on poetic techniques and themes

ashllis92

HSC
Yeah, that's true but maybe if alicemarie feels disheartened by reading so-called 'elite' students' saying they are confident then she should get off bos and gostudy so she can share their confidence. I just dislike the way some people can't make a point without contradicting themselves or getting angry.

wogz_rulz

HSC
Yeah, that's true but maybe if alicemarie feels disheartened by reading so-called 'elite' students' saying they are confident then she should get off bos and gostudy so she can share their confidence. I just dislike the way some people can't make a point without contradicting themselves or getting angry.
i agree

xx.mel91

HSC
the exam was OKAYYY... Although, I had know idea how to go about the Frankenstein and Blade Runner question; disruption and identity.. I was hoping the question would be a bit more straight forward with themes; humanity, parental responsibility etc or context.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I loved English paper to for my topics - Pride and Prejudice/Letters to Alice, Gwen Harwood Poems and Wag the Dog.

The questions fit perfectly into my thesis (including Harwood which specified the them of memories as my essay was all about memories). I don't think i could've gotten a better paper :)

gvperro

HSC
Not a very nice thing to say, Gabe! As for number of pages, I wrote 16, 16, 18. But I write small, so that's why it looks like I didn't get so much done.
you are a joker mr murphy. by 16.16,18 i mean 16 booklets, 16booklets, 18 booklets,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)