General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (Modules) (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts and opinions of the 2009 English Advanced Modules exam.
What aspects of the paper did you like and dislike? Did you consider it a fair test of your abilities? Overall, how did you go and how did you find the exam as a whole?

(Due to all the options/texts, there's no stickied thread for each exam section, but feel free to create your own threads on any aspect of the exam.)

Last edited:

Thecorey0

HSC
I thought it was a relatively easy paper, considering all questions were essays. Section 3 was interesting as it said "at least one" related text, compared to section 3 in paper 1.

Dimplez

HSC
I think I really stuffed up. Didn't answer the questions properly, felt quite unarticulate...I wrote quite a bit but not good in terms of quality...ugh band 4 in english here I come...hope the internal can pull me up a bit...

bmn

HSC
fairly happy overall. section 2 was a bitch though
+1. Didn't have enough time to finish section 3, so I left out 1 point and done my conclusion... I felt I answered question 1 and 3 very well, and 2 was alright, but not great.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Does anyone remember the question they asked for Hamlet? All I remember is that it was about loyalty.

HSC
not too bad. better than what i thought.section 3 was the worst for me but i always knew it would be so that wasnt a suprise.loved section 2 :D and section 1 was alright.probably my hardest exam so far but thats only because my other 2 have been easy..

themerald

HSC
hahahahahaha oh mythat was terrible. Section 1/ Gatsby and sonnets was ok at best, Hamlet/section 2 was also ok, but because i went so far over time with them, i only had 12 minutes for section 3/conflicting perspectives-justice game. 12 minutes.

Harley Chan

HSC
Does anyone remember the question they asked for Hamlet? All I remember is that it was about loyalty.
Through its portrayal of human experience, Shakespeare's Hamlet reinforces the significance of loyalty. To what extent does your interpretation of Hamlet support this view?

moonblack

HSC
how did you go?

tell us how you went!

i did ok, mod a and c suited me but B for ondaatje was pretty tough, only ended up writing 13 pages..

wbu?

untouchablecuz

HSC
module C was alright; i talked about the insights the H&M arises, not much about the ways it does it :S are they one and the same? .. module B speeches was alright considered i only studied for it this morning .. module A richard III wasnt too good 8;8;9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)