General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

Web Addict

HSC

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
No offense, but how do you run out of time in this exam. There are clocks or people you can ask the time from. There are three sections. 40 minutes each. You've already done a trial. How does one simply leave a creative out or leave all the short answers?!
Did you not listen to your teachers?

Short answer > Essay > Creative. You can fudge the end of a creative, but not lose those crucial marks in shortans + essay.

Oh well, too late

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
Sec 1: Hard little bitch, was not expecting that level of difficulty. Got everything in the end though, predicting 11 or 12/15 from some bad analysis maybe
sec 2: Kickass story YEA YEA loved my story, but not sure if markers will, Im guessing 12-13/15
Sec 3: Super duper detailed analytical essay, maybe again 12-13/15

or so I hope haha. Meh will see how it goes.
Exactly how I felt/feel haha.... probs leaning more towards 11 though >_>

Candidate

HSC
No offense, but how do you run out of time in this exam. There are clocks or people you can ask the time from. There are three sections. 40 minutes each. You've already done a trial. How does one simply leave a creative out or leave all the short answers?!
Did you not listen to your teachers?

Short answer > Essay > Creative. You can fudge the end of a creative, but not lose those crucial marks in shortans + essay.

Oh well, too late
Because if you aren't a fast writer, you may not finish. It is very easy to not finish, although most would just go to their conclusion when time is up. That's why I saved the short answer till last. Tomorrow I might run out of time though.

Obviously there is a problem if you miss an entire question.

SherlockHolmes

HSC
I found the test surprisingly easy, despite having only studied the day before.
I don't really understand the point in pre-preparing a story beforehand because there's no way of foreseeing the stimulus material, but in saying that creative writing is my strong point/natural talent. The only time I tried to pre-prepare one, the teacher told me it was good but not very adaptable, but I guess that's what you get for writing about a man who's about to abduct a little girl.
But I'm quite pleased with the questions this year.

fionarykim

HSC
Found it a really reasonable exam!
also i had prepared choices so it suite well my with arguments
creative was okay, i did some moulding

and short answers were decent. prety happy!

YouKnowWho

HSC
So how many words for an essay would you recommend not to run out of time ? Keep in mind when you alter your essay according to the question sometimes you can be adding more without noticing. So how do you control that ? Write a shorter essay overall for room to adapt and whatnot ?

morgan05

HSC
This is what happened to me as well. Ran out of time for my creative and had to cut a lot out.

mrtdawgz

HSC
Really, really happy with my performance. I was really prepared for short answer and my essay and I'm pretty sure I did well in both. Spent an hour on each of them and didn't bother doing the creative option (which I was under prepared for) because I didn't want it bringing my mark down. All in all, I thought it was easier than I'd expected.
you sir are fucked

HSC
So how many words for an essay would you recommend not to run out of time ? Keep in mind when you alter your essay according to the question sometimes you can be adding more without noticing. So how do you control that ? Write a shorter essay overall for room to adapt and whatnot ?
I'm a pretty slow/barely average writer myself, so all my essays are usually 800-900 words and I'll add 200 words on the day answering the question (while cutting out stuff as well)

miabethany

HSC
yeah that's not going to happen after leaving section three half unfinished

hayabusaboston

HSC
I just had this moment where i thought I'd just finished HSC and was about to go open email to get ATAR.... then I realise its JUST THE BEGINNING

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
19 December.
Alright that's plenty of time to enjoy my last days in my house. I'll just tell my parents I'm probs going to state rank so they treat me like a god...Then kick me out later but oh well

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Alright that's plenty of time to enjoy my last days in my house. I'll just tell my parents I'm probs going to state rank so they treat me like a god...Then kick me out later but oh well
nek min sent back to rice fields :p

hayabusaboston

HSC
Hey what do u guys think of a story like this?
siberian grown son of high profile KGB agent, gets news of his fathers death, picks up grocery's upon mothers request, drops them at home, admires picture of gf to be wife, then goes to dad's funeral, mum tells him to join KGB in father's place, he has alternative agenda, wants to escape moscow immediately. He says I c u at home mum, goes towards mercedes benz and meets his mint-flavoured-cigarette-smoking-bestfriend, who asks if he still wants to carry out his plan, he says yes, friend asks about main characters gf and if she knows, he says no and gets angry friend is asking so many questions, pushes friend away and drives off to airport. At airport is chillaxing in first class lounge, sees hot girl at cafe. Approaches her from behind, curious if it is who he thinks it is, a silver glint from her coat indicates a gun, main character shit scared who this gun wielding babe is, she turns around, his heart stops. ITS THE GF!

lol thats my story summed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)