General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
I dunno how anyone had time or cared enough to sit there and count each page they wrote.

leehuan

HSC
Only took 10 seconds altogether for me to count.

Stevebt123

HSC
When you guys say pages, can you be specific about how many words per line you do?

I had 6-8-6 in terms of page count and I have 7-12 (so incidental) words per line.
I had 7/7/7 in terms of pages and in previous exams I've written on average between 8-10 words a line

DLMisme

HSC
I would have liked to have made my extended response and creative a bit longer... But I did get them both finished in time, so that's a plus I guess.

bunny0

HSC
I really liked it!

"The process of discovery involves uncovering what is hidden and rediscovering what is known." Worked PERFECTLY for my thesis! (Was cheerin')
Thank god they didn't ask for 2 RT tho since they hadn't since 2008 I was a little worried.

Creative was adaptable, just, got my story out. That was ok.

Only section I'm iffy about was unseen, but wrote down as many techniques as possible so I think there's some marks lying around in there.

RIP discovery

bunny0

HSC
I would have liked to have made my extended response and creative a bit longer... But I did get them both finished in time, so that's a plus I guess.
Same though. I wrote about 4/4 pages for each section (Which is actually quite a lot for me lol). I was expecting 5 but was happy to be able to finish them and get all my points down.

A lot of people seem to feel they would fail with <4 pages. Makes me feel so inadequate haha.

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
Smashed everything but the essay. I finished it but didn't get much time for synthesis. Left out the conclusion because that's pointless.
I didn't time myself but I had like 2 minutes left over.

joannaadele

HSC
guys what total marks would be needed for a band 6 range if you average 17 for all your module essays

joannaadele

HSC
and also how hard does bostes mark for creative? I felt as though my metaphorical link to the simulus didnt come through and my discovery wasnt unexpected, what mark can I expect?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Also don't worry about the paper too much. I guarantee you can not predict your mark.

Just focus on killing tomorrow's paper.

joannaadele

HSC
Also don't worry about the paper too much. I guarantee you can not predict your mark.

Just focus on killing tomorrow's paper.
you sound like my tutor who will like wreck me once he finds out how i went in the exam

Last edited:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
you sound like my tutor who will like wreck me once he finds out how i went in the exam
I tried predicting my mark when I did my HSC.

For BOTH advanced and extension I was about 10 raw marks off.

My friend expected a state rank and got a band 5.

Some people thought they almost failed and got some of the highest marks in my school.

You seriously never know with English, especially in the actual HSC.

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
the one with the ballon lifting the brick wall revealing the landscape
12 is the max mark for a response that is masterpiece-worthy but doesn't really answer the question. Depending on how well you think you incorporated it, guess around there. It really depends on how much discovery and stimuli your marker notices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)