General Thoughts: English Standard Paper 2 (Modules) (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts on the 2009 English Standard Modules exam. What aspects of the paper did you like and dislike? Did you consider it a fair test of your abilities? Overall, how did you go and how did you find the exam as a whole?

HSC
N/A
i thought it was pretty good.
i didn't like section 2 though, I did witness and didn't expect to be asked about one character in particular - i had kind of expected a clash of cultures and question and was a bit thrown off by it.
but overall, i thought i wasn't a bad paper

Last edited:

Sechs

HSC
Section 2 threw me off but i aced the rest i reckon

MrDimple

HSC
hmmm i thought it was a good paper.

I wanna ask, i didnt do the text that we done through the year, i did something else
like i didn't do tom brennan but i did billy elliot is that allowed cause i knew more on billy elliot than the novel.

Hadn

HSC
Yeh I found the paper much easier then I expected. Oh well best to expect the worst and be prepared eh? And they asked for at least one related text for Julius Caesar... I was quite happy, because I only had one real good one anyway :)

HSC
hmmm i thought it was a good paper.

I wanna ask, i didnt do the text that we done through the year, i did something else
like i didn't do tom brennan but i did billy elliot is that allowed cause i knew more on billy elliot than the novel.
I'm pretty sure that's fine

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeats was good, Julie was good, Frankenstein and Bladerunner was poohole. Overall I think it was good.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Section 2 was particularly difficult to write about, completely unexpected really. Other than that, I thought the exam was pretty good - my crap mark is entirely my own fault, not the Board's, this time.

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
happy as Mod A and C were exactly like my memorised essays whilst being prepared for character analysis as they asked that in 2001 i think.

Norcinu

Charliezard
HSC
Hmm, I got thrown off with section 2 characterization question as well. I started off a bit wrong but was able to adapt for it.

00iCon

HSC
the paper gets 5 stars, i get negative 4 stars for my answers.

lollylover

HSC
i liked it
cept module b was kinda gay
but overall, i think they were pretty good questions :)

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Section I was fine, Section II was really unexpected (I had to change so many parts of my essay), and I had a mental blank during Section III. Damn Billy Elliott. :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)