General Thoughts: English Standard Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall thoughts of Standard Paper 2 here.

What aspects of the paper did you like and dislike? Did you consider it a fair test of your abilities?

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
I think I went fairly well with Distinctive Voices
I absolutely tore Martin Luther King a new hole when it came to analysing his speech, and the question being about experiences was brilliant for me having Martin Luther King and Nikki Giovanni/Virginia Tech to talk about

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I went well, extremely well.

I wrote 48 pages overall. My writing is massive. My essays all fitted the question exactly and im hopefully aiming for 55+.

Im so happy atm XD, Module A was most difficult . I loved C and B

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
Can someone post the essay questions for each module? (for those of us who did not sit the exam?)

Ivy Mike

HSC
I felt like I was going to break down emotionally when I saw the questions. All those hours wasted perfecting my essays, memorizing them etc.

And they fitted perfectly :). Had around ~3.5k words by the end.

So 55+, hopefully 57+.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I felt like I was going to break down emotionally when I saw the questions. All those hours wasted perfecting my essays, memorizing them etc.

And they fitted perfectly :). Had around ~3.5k words by the end.

So 55+, hopefully 57+.
Same so i just improvised on the spot. My memorised essays were a bit hard to adapt. But still ideas were flowing in my head well. Ended up with 4000~ or more words. XD Im so happy same im expecting around 55+

E

Effekt

Wrote my essays as i went, questions were easy. Did better in some opposed to others but such is life.

E

Effekt

I went well, extremely well.

I wrote 48 pages overall. My writing is massive. My essays all fitted the question exactly and im hopefully aiming for 55+.

Im so happy atm XD, Module A was most difficult . I loved C and B
How the hell is that possible? i was writing as fast as i could and only managed 4 pagers per essay. Although i did have like 8 words a line + little spacing.

Ivy Mike

HSC
Same so i just improvised on the spot. My memorised essays were a bit hard to adapt. But still ideas were flowing in my head well. Ended up with 4000~ or more words. XD Im so happy same im expecting around 55+
Damn, 4000? Smoke must have been coming off your paper... I felt like I was writing flat out the entire time and I only managed 3.5 haha.

This paper's been such a relief. If they had asked for an interview/conversation etc. I would have been crushed. I just can't write anything original in English under pressure, memorizing is the only way to go for me.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn, 4000? Smoke must have been coming off your paper... I felt like I was writing flat out the entire time and I only managed 3.5 haha.

This paper's been such a relief. If they had asked for an interview/conversation etc. I would have been crushed. I just can't write anything original in English under pressure, memorizing is the only way to go for me.
Same. I was happy and so grateful for this paper. I may have not answered the question for Module A: Directly which may push me to around 16-17 but others will shine.

The examiner gave me a lecture for 2mins on how i shouldn't write too much XD... sigh... but yeah my writing is massive i should upload a sample.

HSC
4000 or more?! shoot! that means you ended up writing like 1300 words each and you fitted it all in! that's so good, well done!!

lockedbox

HSC
It didn't go as well for me as my trails did, which is a bummer. The wording of the distinctively visual question caught me out a bit and Cosi really hot me off gaurd, I'd been focusing on themes and characters. But I think I managed to contort my essays to the questions well enough, I don't think'll do as well as I did in the trials but I'll probibly sit on a good 15 each, maybe more for into the world.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
4000 or more?! shoot! that means you ended up writing like 1300 words each and you fitted it all in! that's so good, well done!!
Yeah. But quality>Quantity. I may have lacked quality in module A :(>. dam.....

this hopefully repays off my bad trial result.

HSC
It didn't go as well for me as my trails did, which is a bummer. The wording of the distinctively visual question caught me out a bit and Cosi really hot me off gaurd, I'd been focusing on themes and characters. But I think I managed to contort my essays to the questions well enough, I don't think'll do as well as I did in the trials but I'll probibly sit on a good 15 each, maybe more for into the world.
Yeah the distintively visual question threw me off too cause like you I'd been preparing for character and theme based qs, but I think I adapted quite well...

However the Module B Witness question was shit!

hobowoman

HSC
N/A
Huh. I did quite badly. Didn't like the Distinctively Visual and Owen questions, the wording for both threw me off a bit. Spent about 45 mins each on those two, not sure if I answered the questions properly or not. Into the World was a disaster, although looking back, it was the easiest question. Very clear and straight forward, I should've been able to nail it. But I was running on no sleep and didn't plan, plus I ran out of time, so that one was pretty much BS and didn't answer the question.

Averaged 4 pages each, though all but the first page of the Into the World one was giant scribbly writing, just trying to fill up space.

Excuse me while I go bang my head against a wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)