General thoughts- Extension 1 maths (1 Viewer)

mitchellevelyn

HSC
General thoughts? How are these for general thoughts...

1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO BINOMIAL QUESTION!!! :eek:
2. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE INVERSE FUNCTIONS!!!:wave:
3. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROJECTILES ARE MY BITCH!!!:rofl:
4. I didnt like the triangle- area thing. But I must have got at least one mark out of 2 for that bit.

Oh ... yeah... and...
5. I HATE LOCUS:burn:. Honest to god, last night I had nightmares about being eaten by a parabola. But I must have got at least one mark out of the three allocated to locus. No matter what I did, they just didnt come out. Oh well.

Oh, and finally.
6. e is my favorite number of the alphabet :)

Last edited:

lucy--

HSC
does someone have the exam they can post up??
i did it last year but my friend was asking me about one of the questions but he couldn't remember the full wording of it, so a solution doesn't help, i just need the question.

it was the one about the skydiver or whatever though, so if someone can write that.

tho i wouldnt mind seeing the whole paper.
much appreciated!

toonie

HSC
i thought it was alright. just looked at the aswers and i think about 80 81 out of 84 but not sure bout the exact answers could be a few calculator mistakes

AMorris

HSC
I reckon someone will get full marks this year - 8000 kids doing a subject makes it fairly likely.

However the fact that there were a number of fairly tricky questions could stuff people up. Much of question 7 was fairly tricky i thought and I know of a few top 4u people who stuffed up Q7a as well as the multiple tricks in Q7b(iv) especially with the second interval and having to think of m= 1 not just m = 0.8 and m = 1.2 as well as writing the widths and not just the ranges for x.

Overall but I can see someone getting 84 because there are plenty of people for which every question would be fairly doable and its unlikely that all of them made a mistake somewhere.

stewmazza

HSC
test was fair, easier than last year but not easy
but..
there was no binomial question, apart from that probability one
early christmas present for everyone
and did anyone else forget the t method?

stewmazza

HSC
test was fair, easier than last year but not easy
but..
there was no binomial question, apart from that probability one
early christmas present for everyone
and did anyone else forget the t method?

cuddlepie2008

HSC
im sooooo glad its over. i didnt think it was too hard. i did run out of time though on the last question so i probably only got 4 marks on that question...oh wells. i think i got 70/84 roughly. i did the exam last year (cause i was excelerated) and i think i barely even attempted half the questions lol. but this year was better. i think it was even easier than the 2U test on monday. few silly mistakes though grr.
SO GLAD ITS OVER!

fishy89sg

HSC
stewmazza said:
thanks mate i was just throwin it out ther to boost my confidence a little no need to shut me down
if it makes you feel better i got question 2 (c) wrong :burn:
but other than that it was perfect for question 1

live.fast

HSC
N/A
cuddlepie2008 said:
im sooooo glad its over. i didnt think it was too hard. i did run out of time though on the last question so i probably only got 4 marks on that question...oh wells. i think i got 70/84 roughly. i did the exam last year (cause i was excelerated) and i think i barely even attempted half the questions lol. but this year was better. i think it was even easier than the 2U test on monday. few silly mistakes though grr.
SO GLAD ITS OVER!
OMG SAME. did accelerated last yr, skipped half da shizz

but now

yea.. time management sucked dick.

stupid circle geo - wasted 10000000000 hours on that. and it wassooo fukn EASY. wtf.

hoping for above 70... praying?

IceOnFire

HSC
live.fast said:
stupid circle geo - wasted 10000000000 hours on that. and it wassooo fukn EASY. wtf.
Lols the funny thing is the second part took longer and is worth less.

WTF. :mad1:

dona adikari

HSC
You don't need to find c because it's a definite rather than indefinite integral.

G

gaoOO

dona adikari said:
You don't need to find c because it's a definite rather than indefinite integral.
yeah, it's not necessary and not my preferred way since it's longer, but you can still get the right answer by doing it with the constant. That's how i checked by answer.

cuddlepie2008

HSC
live.fast said:
OMG SAME. did accelerated last yr, skipped half da shizz

but now

yea.. time management sucked dick.

hoping for above 70... praying?
yeah hoping for E4 or E3 atleast. doing 4U next year. ahh im quite scared lol.

----------------------------
07 - Mathematics. Mathematics Extension 1
06 - English Advanced. English Extension 1. Mathematics Extension 2. PDHPE. Biology. Chemistry.

ev0luz1on

HSC
i did it =] . question 7 was more like a 2unit question. and then question 8 on 4unit was more like a question 7 for 3unit . actually ... nah i rekon the markers this year think we're all dumb kents so they give us easy hsc exams.

ev0luz1on

HSC
lilfrenchi said:
did anyone do q7 (ii)? thats the only q i couldnt do lol
i did it =] . question 7 was more like a 2unit question. and then question 8 on 4unit was more like a question 7 for 3unit . actually ... nah i rekon the markers this year think we're all dumb kents so they give us easy hsc exams.

ev0luz1on

HSC
lilfrenchi said:
did anyone do q7 (ii)? thats the only q i couldnt do lol

pixiesparkle

HSC
im so gone for Ext1..it probs wont even count..how did every1 do part a) of that parametric question? i spent years on it..=.=''

JJV

HSC
=[ You GUUUYSS R SO SMARTTT.
My exam was so HORRIBLEEE.
Bloody me who didnt prepare properly for that exam.
I REALLY REALLY REGRET IT NOWW.
I should have done well on it but I was becoming a bludger.
Sorry.. to express my feeling larrrr...
I'm really stresssss....
I also didnt answer some q's which were very easy b'coz i didnt look at it properly.
I am dumb, dumb and dumb =[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)