General Thoughts - French Continuers (1 Viewer)

*Baby-K*

HSC
treehat said:
Red Cross in Russian orphanages? hahahahahh < im sorry but its no longer original cos that is EXACTLY what I wrote!! no joke. Thats really weird.. I found the exam was really good and easy though I did stuff up speaking so that sucks. Hopefully Im ranked first internally ( i dont know if I am haha cos they didnt tell us and its very close) cos I wanna keep my mark if I get the top HSC one! haha. Gah now french extension..
wow, what'd you write? I am actually from St.Petersburg and I've seen what really goes on so I was able to reflect on it.

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
This exam was okay, haha. I don't know what to say T__T I kept on worrying about using too much slang in the chatroom question haha.

redraw

HSC
ziggy.zoozah said:
No No, they can because they need to understand the chat conversation. Uh oh...sorry to say this but you've lost a good 5 marks for incoherence.
No shut up Ziggy you don't even do French, didn't read the paper, have no idea what you are talking about, are an idiot and an awful troll. Be quiet.

I thought Monica Nashed was the top of French and NSG?

Anyway I saw the paper and it seemed pretty fair. The questions for the RnR A were odd, though, and phrased quite weirdly. I'm glad I did it last year to be honest!

JamesTockuss

HSC
Haha for that one with the schoolies response (Tahiti) I started writing the whole 'yeh I'd love to do it etc. etc.', realised It was turning out pretty generic, so I made them have a fight and decide not to go :D

Then 13(b) - An exchange student experiencing the Australian culture - which was the...best...day of his life

Then 14(b) Just chatting to his friend about working for a generic charity, and how they would help not only poor kids, but also themselves when they go for interviews and all that.

Did anyone else laugh in the listening when the girl was like...'oh yes, I guess solar energy is the future and carbon is the past' - subtle, subtle propaganda?

crestor

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
Did anyone else laugh in the listening when the girl was like...'oh yes, I guess solar energy is the future and carbon is the past' - subtle, subtle propaganda?
I laughed a couple of times throughout the exam which was ok because I was the only one doing it especially when writing about the ebst day of life, i may have gone abit too far :)

reeni24

HSC
hahaha i had a little chuckle to myself during some parts as well, haha

listening was alright except for the last couple.. didn't help when these stupid birds decided to have a twittering fight right outside the window.. ooo i was so pisssed off hahaah

RnR was fine except it took too long.. i went into writing time and i never do that, ahh!

i went to Tahiti last year so i found that pretty useful for that question which was good

Elizabeth409

HSC
Hysterik said:
Lol, for my best day story I talked about meeting Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe. :rofl: It was good cos I brought in all my fancy points about my favourite film and all that jazz. I'm really hoping I did well, I'm first in my school... so that will mean I'll end up with a pretty final mark.

Hahahah yes!! I kinda did the same sorta thing!! My class had a thing for Harry Potter and all related, so I chose the best day of my life one and wrote from the perspective of Hermione and said getting my letter into Hogwarts was my best day ever! Then went on about going to Diagon Ally and what not. :)

Part from the last one or two listneing questions didn't think the test was too bad.

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
Elizabeth409 said:
Hahahah yes!! I kinda did the same sorta thing!! My class had a thing for Harry Potter and all related, so I chose the best day of my life one and wrote from the perspective of Hermione and said getting my letter into Hogwarts was my best day ever! Then went on about going to Diagon Ally and what not. :)

Part from the last one or two listneing questions didn't think the test was too bad.
errr don't people kinda realise this isn't meant to be 'creative writing', as such?

aussie-boy

HSC
does anyone know the answer to the first question in the listening?
what did the person want to do in the mountains (because it was "super")?
i heard rend-donnez or something similar; i had no idea what it was though

GilesG

HSC
Enobarbus said:
and don't bet on coming first! after all, a jrahs student took equal first in continuers last year lol
So you're planning on starting an ag-french trend then, James? :p

aussie-boy said:
I think it was something about randonner, meaning to go walking/hiking.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
GilesG said:
I think it was something about randonner, meaning to go walking/hiking.
yes that sounds right

i loved the english reading and responding, but am worried i didn't write enough for part b...eek. overall it was ok.

*Baby-K*

HSC
aussie-boy said:
does anyone know the answer to the first question in the listening?
what did the person want to do in the mountains (because it was "super")?
She wanted to go to the mountains to go hiking

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
GilesG said:
So you're planning on starting an ag-french trend then, James? :p
Roslyn did the ag-french thing in 06/07!

unfortunately, i don't think i have a chance of doing that... i'm rank 2/10 so it'll be highly unlikely

but caroline (rank1) might well get jrahs its 2nd frcont crown in a row

and how do you know i'm james?

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
anthropoestin said:
je te dis il est presque impossible qu'un d'entre vous chez jrahs va prendre premier de l'etat..toujours si confiant, meme trop - tu dois te calmer un peu, tu sais, avant que ta tete ne s'explose!
yeah right, you're so great just because you can use the subjunctive and the redundant "ne"... i really admire you.

aussie-boy

HSC
*Baby-K* said:
awesome, thats what i guessed
there are only so many things you can do in mountains

hairej1

HSC
*Baby-K* said:
omggg im such an idiot i put she wanted to go 2 the country (grrrrr) and go hiking..
fuck im an idiot.. i guess it did sound similar to montagne

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
hairej1 said:
omggg im such an idiot i put she wanted to go 2 the country (grrrrr) and go hiking..
fuck im an idiot.. i guess it did sound similar to montagne
yep.. campagne totally sounds like montagne

GilesG

HSC
Enobarbus said:
Roslyn did the ag-french thing in 06/07!

unfortunately, i don't think i have a chance of doing that... i'm rank 2/10 so it'll be highly unlikely

but caroline (rank1) might well get jrahs its 2nd frcont crown in a row

and how do you know i'm james?
lol yeah I know that, but it doesn't really count as a trend until someone else does it :)

Having ranked 1st at Open High I hoped I had a chance but I doubt that now, didn't do a particularly good job of the writing...

You had a billion units on your signature, including philo, and I heard that you started the extra 15 minutes thread.

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
GilesG said:
lol yeah I know that, but it doesn't really count as a trend until someone else does it :)

Having ranked 1st at Open High I hoped I had a chance but I doubt that now, didn't do a particularly good job of the writing...

You had a billion units on your signature, including philo, and I heard that you started the extra 15 minutes thread.
wow, you do it at open high! i know a guy doing german cont prelim there... and it seems rather challenging learning through distance ed. how many candidates doing cont and ext at open high?

ah yes i did have the course linup in the sig... and really i think it gave it away to anyone... with ag07, french ext and philosophy 08...

GilesG

HSC
Enobarbus said:
wow, you do it at open high! i know a guy doing german cont prelim there... and it seems rather challenging learning through distance ed. how many candidates doing cont and ext at open high?

ah yes i did have the course linup in the sig... and really i think it gave it away to anyone... with ag07, french ext and philosophy 08...
There's 60ish in Continuers and 20ish in Extension. Learning through distance ed is ok cos our teacher is awesome :)

Oh well, at least you didn't have "(1st in NSW)" or something after ag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)