General Thoughts: General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

simcityguy

HSC
N/A
I didn't find the paper terribly hard, It was challenging but manageable. Saying that however, I found myself taking way too long doing the multiple choice questions (about 45+ minutes) with the 25 questions(bit strange, I was expecting 20). Halfway through the test I kept staring at the clock worried that I'd run out of time. Finished in the last five minutes, so not too bad. I can't help but think about questions I probably answered wrong though. Glad general maths is now done. Now just got to focus on the last few exams :)

jer3m

HSC
N/A

Me in the exam today ↑ [emoji37]
HAHA felt the exact same thing... especially when looking at that triangle question and they want degrees and angles and lengths and proving 114 and all I know is a2+b2=c2

Ayesssha

HSC
That was waaay easier than I expected, heaps better than trials! But that's only cos trials were completely fucked and this kind of made sense. Multiple choice took me a while to finish tho, finished early and felt alright about it but you never know with maths but who cares #HSCYALATER!

jer3m

HSC
N/A
If you did 140mins will probably be 1 mark out of the 2 since you did the degrees x4 = time difference.

Also, for the financial probability expectation crap the answer was $2..? But the answers which were published say it is $0 no loss or win....???????

_Josh_

HSC
If you did 140mins will probably be 1 mark out of the 2 since you did the degrees x4 = time difference.

Also, for the financial probability expectation crap the answer was $2..? But the answers which were published say it is $0 no loss or win....???????
Yes, I got $0 for that, most people forget to take away the payment fee to actually play the game.

edwardf316

HSC
N/A

I don't think you will get any marks because not only is it not right but you've used latitude not longitude. Latitude has absolutely nothing to do with the time difference

Ronaldinho10

HSC

answers published where???

waterlml

HSC

i forgot, what was their difference in longitude? anyone remember?

waterlml

HSC
i think i got 2hr something in my answer but i don't think i calculated something related to 140 degrees 0_0 what was the right answer?

aussienator

HSC

Answers that were published? Mind showing me lad

MicrowavetheCP

HSC
Yeh it's stupid. I only know because I had to get insurance when I got my P's. Otherwise I'd have no clue.... Did anyone else catch the trick btw with the bicycle/bus is cheap?
It's 2L, 34km ONE WAY, she then has to go back home another 2L,30km so the bicycle was like $30.40 cheaper
But the bus ticket was $36 (Not sure of the exact number) for 10 one way trips. In the end, it was like 20cents or 30cents cheaper per trip for a bike.

aussienator

HSC
was the time difference question like 11 hours or something?
nop i got 2 hour 40 mins around there. You use the longitude (second number) in which the difference wasn't that big.

just divide the difference by 15 and change it to minutes/seconds and you got 2 hour something

"Sydney, Australia is 3 hours ahead of Singapore" - googled it so i got around that.

aussienator

HSC
But the bus ticket was $36 (Not sure of the exact number) for 10 one way trips. In the end, it was like 20cents or 30cents cheaper per trip for a bike.
yup i got $0.30.

The bus was the amount 10 single trips (so 5 paired trips) so you just multiply 34 (motocycle trip) by 10 and you get 340 km, divide 340km by amount 17km and multiply it by 1.67 and you get it is 30c cheaper than 36.40$ by bus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)