General Thoughts - Geography (1 Viewer)

darrynXtreem

HSC
mouldy said:
Oh for fucks sake sake darrynXtreem, everybody hates you and your holier-then-thou attitude so just shut up.
Don't hate me caus you ain't me.

chris28

HSC
darrynXtreem said:
Interesting. Very Interesting guys.

As I'm sure you can all appreciate, the Geography Syllabus is very broad and extensive. However, as our class has a such a 'well-connected' teacher, it ensures that we need to study only the absolute minimum we need in order to obtain full marks. With a little of all that spare time, some of us have chosen to familiarise ourselves with the works of Dr Sigmund Freud (for those of you from westie schools, he was a famous Austrian neurologist and psychiatrist. One of his psychoanalitcal theories is called 'projection' - and what do you know, fellow BOS posters have yet again proved of assistance by providing a perfect case study for this particular condition.

Psychological projection is when people 'project' their own shortcomings and embarrasing personal traits onto someone else. Now so of you may have also seen the irony in a user called 'psychosomatic' displaying this defence mechanism. Never did I state or imply that sitting behind a computer screen and typing makes me feel better about myself. Our 'psycho' friend feels the need to second and repeat another BOS member, demonstrating the need to get something off their chest. Something so they can feel better about themselves.

Let me explain to you 'pyschosomatic' - if you want to feel more warmth than just the monitor's glow, you need to work on your jealousy issues and accept that some people will always be better than you. Tough titties.

Would it be possible for you to enlighten us on how exactly your teacher or "geography master" was able to get this information? As you said before that your geography master (still makes me laugh) was on the exam commitee, though my understanding was that members setting the exam arn't permitted to teach year 12.

psychosomatic

pwnzor
HSC
darrynXtreem said:

As I'm sure you can all appreciate, the Geography Syllabus is very broad and extensive. However, as our class has a such a 'well-connected' teacher, it ensures that we need to study only the absolute minimum we need in order to obtain full marks. With a little of all that spare time, some of us have chosen to familiarise ourselves with the works of Dr Sigmund Freud (for those of you from westie schools, he was a famous Austrian neurologist and psychiatrist. One of his psychoanalitcal theories is called 'projection' - and what do you know, fellow BOS posters have yet again proved of assistance by providing a perfect case study for this particular condition.

Psychological projection is when people 'project' their own shortcomings and embarrasing personal traits onto someone else. Now so of you may have also seen the irony in a user called 'psychosomatic' displaying this defence mechanism. Never did I state or imply that sitting behind a computer screen and typing makes me feel better about myself. Our 'psycho' friend feels the need to second and repeat another BOS member, demonstrating the need to get something off their chest. Something so they can feel better about themselves.

Let me explain to you 'pyschosomatic' - if you want to feel more warmth than just the monitor's glow, you need to work on your jealousy issues and accept that some people will always be better than you. Tough titties.
Dearest Xtreem the login name is merely psychosomatic for lyrical and ironic value, as you have whole-heartedly pointed out in a spout of frustration and over-confidence, depicting the nature of most emo teens today. The comment obviously got to you since you decided to go on abit of a rant, though I'm sure you could probably rant abit more... your mother was probably calling. I for one am not jealous as I covered this supposed Extensive Syllabus which consisted of like 20 dot points (insert sarcasm). I bet you're going to dive into the syllabus and tell me there is infact 25 dot points, because you're petty like that. I personally don't give a shit if you're teacher was well connected. I'm glad for you. Perhaps if you were intelligent enough you'd be faulting that around insted of your Geography Master. If I had a "well-connected Geography Master" I really don't think it would of made a difference.

d-d-d-ouche bag.

Last edited:

psychosomatic

pwnzor
HSC
chris28 said:
Would it be possible for you to enlighten us on how exactly your teacher or "geography master" was able to get this information? As you said before that your geography master (still makes me laugh) was on the exam commitee, though my understanding was that members setting the exam arn't permitted to teach year 12.
Pray tell Mr Xtreem. He's so Xtreem, coming onto forums to abuse people. Ho ho ho. You're a big man aren't you *winks*

mouldy

HSC
darrynXtreem said:

darrynXtreem, you are absolutely full of shit about your 'well-connected' geography 'master'. Myself and at least two others formally complained, and received a reply saying that teachers setting the exam are not permitted to teach year 12 students, and 'furthermore' follow strict security conditions monitored by the Office of the Board of Studies.
But still, your little exaggeration is being thoroughly investigated.

darrynXtreem

HSC
mouldy said:
darrynXtreem, you are absolutely full of shit about your 'well-connected' geography 'master'. Myself and at least two others formally complained, and received a reply saying that teachers setting the exam are not permitted to teach year 12 students, and 'furthermore' follow strict security conditions monitored by the Office of the Board of Studies.
But still, your little exaggeration is being thoroughly investigated.
Victory is mine. A small bet at the expense of the BOS community took place to determine whether BOS users were among the most backward, gullible and uptight species on the planet. My false claims of teacher bias and rampant insults had you all in a flutter, to the point where 3 (possibly more) of your saddest colleagues decided they would take it upon themselves to 'complain' about the issues. Not only does this prove the original bet hypothesis correct, but it also highlights a societal flaw that has become part of our world today. People these days will whinge, complain and get in a huff about almost anything - it is important, everyone, that you learn to lighten up and NOT take everything here so seriously. When saying this I do make generalisations and apologize profusely to BOS users who do not fit this pathetic, pitiful mantra - pablito, blackall46 and the rest - you know who you are.

Also to those of you who were amused by the phrase 'geography master' - get out of your public school worlds a bit more. It is common practice in many schools for the head teacher of a subject to be called the English Master, Maths Master, Geography Master etc etc. Seriously, don't they teach you guys in these shithouse Public Schools these days?

Best of luck with everyone's HSC's and UAI's and remember to lighten up a bit and not take everything so seriously.

mouldy

HSC
darrynXtreem said:
Victory is mine. A small bet at the expense of the BOS community took place to determine whether BOS users were among the most backward, gullible and uptight species on the planet. My false claims of teacher bias and rampant insults had you all in a flutter, to the point where 3 (possibly more) of your saddest colleagues decided they would take it upon themselves to 'complain' about the issues. Not only does this prove the original bet hypothesis correct, but it also highlights a societal flaw that has become part of our world today. People these days will whinge, complain and get in a huff about almost anything - it is important, everyone, that you learn to lighten up and NOT take everything here so seriously. When saying this I do make generalisations and apologize profusely to BOS users who do not fit this pathetic, pitiful mantra - pablito, blackall46 and the rest - you know who you are.

Also to those of you who were amused by the phrase 'geography master' - get out of your public school worlds a bit more. It is common practice in many schools for the head teacher of a subject to be called the English Master, Maths Master, Geography Master etc etc. Seriously, don't they teach you guys in these shithouse Public Schools these days?

Best of luck with everyone's HSC's and UAI's and remember to lighten up a bit and not take everything so seriously.
You are even more full of shit then i originally thought.

jason21

HSC
Ok, for starters, 'thecan' had a really good explanation for question 12. EVERYBODY READ IT!! for those who think (a) is correct, you're in for a surprise. It is clearly (c) 3pm. Look at the shadows!! the sun will set in the west, which is over the water!!!! Also, people, look at the sky!! It is white to the WEST meaning THAT'S WHERE THE SUN IS! Answer is definitely without a doubt (c).

Paper was very straight forward and easy.
Here are my MC answers just for shits and giggles:
1B
2A
3B
4D
5D
6C
7C
8C
9B
10A
11B
12C
13C (wrong) correct answer is A or B (bad question i think)
14B
15D

darrynXtreem

HSC
jason21 said:
Ok, for starters, 'thecan' had a really good explanation for question 12. EVERYBODY READ IT!! for those who think (a) is correct, you're in for a surprise. It is clearly (c) 3pm. Look at the shadows!! the sun will set in the west, which is over the water!!!! Also, people, look at the sky!! It is white to the WEST meaning THAT'S WHERE THE SUN IS! Answer is definitely without a doubt (c).
Have you maybe not realised that you were supposed to use the photo in Source G for Q12? Kindly explain to us why you keep refering to the photo in Source F when clearly does not ask you to do so?

Otherwise refer to this - http://community.boredofstudies.org/3160249/post-81.html

Also the correct answer to Q13 is D. Too easy.

DazzaX

Last edited:

Emma8589

HSC
I completely agree. The environmental change question was the hardest for sure. While the nature/spatial patterns/future directions question was so predictable

jason21

HSC
ah! i completely understand now, pretty sketch quesiton from that source. I've stuffed up the HSC so many times, made so many stupid mistakes in all my exams, and i don't know why!!

darrynXtreem

HSC
jason21 said:
ah! i completely understand now, pretty sketch quesiton from that source. I've stuffed up the HSC so many times, made so many stupid mistakes in all my exams, and i don't know why!!
No worries mate, I'm sure that one mark won't make too much of a difference, and at least you have capacity to see where you want wrong, unlike many of the other tools who keep insisting that their answer is right when it's not.

DazzaX

blackall46

HSC
mouldy said:
Haha thanks psychosomatic
you didn't own him. i think he owned you.

You see, he said he was more full of shit than you thought.

And you said he was more full of shit that you thought.

He sad obviously, because you'd stated the obvious.

Congrats on the ownage.

KateRobbo

HSC
darrynXtreem said:

darrynXtreem- you are seriously the most fucked up person in the world.
i can't wait to see your ass get kicked by some 'public school' kid.
if you find this XTREEM making up shit to rev people up you must have some definate pyschological issues.
overall my favourite part of your post is 'remember to lighten up a bit and not take everything so seriously' hahhha what a joke!
noone speaks down at people and rubs their acedemic 'success' in peoples faces as a joke. seriously your insulting our intelligence by thinking we would fall for that predictable line 'i was only kidding'

darrynXtreem

HSC
KateRobbo said:
seriously your insulting our intelligence by thinking we would fall for that predictable line 'i was only kidding'
This is too ironic to be true.

mouldy

HSC
blackall46 said:
you didn't own him. i think he owned you.

You see, he said he was more full of shit than you thought.

And you said he was more full of shit that you thought.

He sad obviously, because you'd stated the obvious.

Congrats on the ownage.
Basically, i really don't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)