General Thoughts: Geography (1 Viewer)

HSC
yeah coral reefs and the Oil Refinery for enterprise

angie-ate

HSC
essays were sooo easy. m/c were just ok, but what was with the short answers, they were quite impossible, especially that shading one.

HSC
What was the exact essay questions?
Can someone please post? :)
Q20. Demonstrate why world cities are powerful centres of economic and cultural authority.

Q21. Evaluate the importance of ecosystem management and protection.

Q22. Explain possible future directions of an economic activity with reference to THREE of the factors shown in the diagram.

(Biophysical, Political, Technological, Ecological, Economic, Sociocultural, Organisational, Other)

Allisonius

HSC
What was the exact essay questions?
Can someone please post? :)
  1. Demonstrate why world cities are powerful centres of economic and cultural authority.
  2. Evaluate the importantce of ecosystem management and protection.
  3. Explain possible future directions of an economic activity with reference to THREE of the factors shown in the diagram: biophysical, ecological, economic, sociocultural, organisational, technological, political, other

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
thought it was pretty good overall, I LOVED HOW THE SCALES WE'RE 1:1KM BEST EVER!. what did everyone get for the VE i got 5 times. THe precis map was easy once your orientated source C to D and looked at what land had changed between 1996 and 2006, so it was ok. For the ecosystem short answer i put coral reefs and economic enterprise i did the hotel.

sweetphilly92

HSC
I thought the exam was easy, but it was a very long exam - I couldn't write as much as I wanted to for the extended responses cause the short answers took as a massive amount of time.

All in all - looking for B5. Which is disappointing, given i have averaged mid b6 thru the year.

superralex

Sheriosusly BHS09.
HSC
thought it was pretty good overall, I LOVED HOW THE SCALES WE'RE 1:1KM BEST EVER!. what did everyone get for the VE i got 5 times. THe precis map was easy once your orientated source C to D and looked at what land had changed between 1996 and 2006, so it was ok. For the ecosystem short answer i put coral reefs and economic enterprise i did the hotel.
Oh damn I think I might have got the ecosystem wrong. I put the Arabian Gulf and The Sailing Club as the enterprise.

VE = 12.5 for me.

maxibon49

HSC
Yeah i got VE=12.5, and for the ecosystem i put coral reef.

In question 10 of mc they refered to the coral reef ecosystem on the map so i just put that down.

simplyyme

HSC
omgsh i was so happy with the exam ! when i say the essay for urban places i was so freaking happy cause it was actually something i mananged to remember

and i got 12.5 for VE and the ecosystem was coral reef and the enterprise was that maribien or whatever it's called hotel.

shellybelly46

HSC
The ecosystems are risk extended response question was exact to a past paper that my class looked at, so that was amazing! The other two were pretty good too. Short answers and multi-choice? Yeah, not so much. I didn't like the stimulus at all and I'm not confident with those sections! It's a shame, half yearly and trial I got 100% for short answer, multi-choice... :( Here's hoping I get my average 16+ for extended responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)