General Thoughts: Japanese Continuers (1 Viewer)

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
Yamiyo said:
That question was silly though... how is taking a bus and turning left difficult?
twas silly.

I LOLed when I read this question: From the evidence of the text, is it likely that Ella will buy the new umbrella?

sitk

HSC
I said no, based on the fact that she doesn't have much money (costs 5000 yen) and probably not useful in Australia, so she will probably just wait till summer arrives and rainy season ends. I still wrote all the positives and negatives. I don't think it matters which way you think she will go, as long as you justify with evidence from the text.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
sitk said:
I said no, based on the fact that she doesn't have much money (costs 5000 yen) and probably not useful in Australia, so she will probably just wait till summer arrives and rainy season ends. I still wrote all the positives and negatives. I don't think it matters which way you think she will go, as long as you justify with evidence from the text.
I also mentioned that it would be dangerous to use in tokyo. the reason i laughed was because it reminded me of the song umbrella, by rihanna =3

lizajane91

HSC
but with the whole "its difficult to get to the art gallery" question..i thought the directions were irrelavent ..cos it was just the fact that the tickets had to be bought at the convenient store that was difficult.....mmmm shizz

(tu)

HSC
i didnt see how buying a ticket at the store, catching a bus and etc was so hard
so that confused me a bit :/

anyone doing extension?

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
(tu) said:
i didnt see how buying a ticket at the store, catching a bus and etc was so hard
so that confused me a bit :/

anyone doing extension?
I dropped it. the essays you have to write in extension make me cry. i can't even write about some of those topics in english, let alone japanese =S

(tu)

HSC
ture, they are pretty hard
but two years of practice and two weeks to prepare's plenty of time :)

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
(tu) said:
ture, they are pretty hard
but two years of practice and two weeks to prepare's plenty of time :)
1 year actually. I'm happy that I dropped though. good luck for extension ^_^

(tu)

HSC
hahah true that
felt like 2 years since i was the only one in that class lol

thanks mate :)

twinkles.

endomorph.
HSC
As someone else said before, after doing so many Masumi papers, I found this exam really easy, I had 30+ minutes to look over my answers
Yeah, the listening questions were retarded, especially the yakisoba one. I was very tempted to right "he had no argument because he's an immature and easily amused dumbass", but no, I managed to pull something outta my ass
I laughed at the girlfriend Naoko Kenji question
"the blouse you're wearing is very cute"
and I'm sitting there thinking LOOKING AT HER BLOUSE AYE? OR PAST HER BLOUSE AYE AYE AYE

tasmina

HSC
it doesnt say anywhere in the comprehension that they sat on the "first floor" doesnt it just says they sat near the window????

:( now im really worried..

sitk

HSC
Yeh, but isn't it implied its on first floor, coz it says he doesn't go to the 2nd floor as Naoko intends to.

anone.playm8

HSC
^ Yeah, he's right. I'm assuming since they bothered to put in that "She moves to go to second floor" they wanted to you to write on the first floor, and that's why it was 2 marks. But I could be wrong...

And did anyone else find that genko yoshi annoying, 'cause it was different? I had a panic attack today, thinking I wrote the wrong way, but thankfully one of my friends showed me the writing booklet (online at BOS) and it was right <phew>

sitk

HSC
Anyone 100% sure of the listening question about the art gallery? Were the directions to the gallery or to the convenience store?

And also, the multiple choice question, which one was it? I thought train but I could have been wrong.

anone.playm8

HSC
I'm pretty certain that the directions were to the art gallery. You could buy the ticket at any convenience store, but the inconvenience was that you had to buy it at a convenience store before instead of being able to buy it at the actual place, hence making it difficult.

And listening was A, you were right. You could tell it was a train because they spoke about the "doors opening without warning", and I can't imagine them saying about a hospital/the others listed.

nayxx

HSC
The listening was okay. I struggled a bit ><
The email was the best! lose marks for writing more than 400 ji you reckon? Hope not. oh well. do we get scaled cos we do continuers??

leey

HSC
ahhhhh shiza i wrote cinemas :burn:

there goes one more mark :uhoh:

Atsui no Inu

HSC
I thought (one or two of the listening qns excepted) it was pretty good.

BTW If I ranked 1st in my school, and had an internal mark of about 86, and then that exam was maybe an 85-90, What do you reckon i'll get as a jap end mark?

sitk

HSC
If you get the top HSC mark as well, you will get exactly the same for your HSC what you get for your HSC exam mark. Ie. if you got 90 in HSC exam, u'll get HSC mark of 90 for Jap. That is, your internal mark won't matter if you're first in your school and first in the exam out of your school students.

If you don't get the top mark in the HSC exam out of your school, then you'll get the top mark which someone else got as your school assessment mark, and this will be averaged with your HSC exam mark to get your final HSC Japanese mark.

Make sense?

btw, did you get train for the MC listening question? and did you say directions were to gallery or the convenience store?

(tu)

HSC
the whole marking thing still confuse me :/

im pretty sure it was the train ,
and that it was to the gallery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)