General Thoughts: Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Naz1234

HSC
It was decent exam.
I think the crime essay was a turn off.
for Some multiple choice you really had to think about them.
What did u guys get for the MC question about an accused being inccoent until proven guilty?? i put remand. Dont know if its right

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
KONY2012 suits it well for social media, as long as you concentrated on the child soldier issue

Unless you carried on about - "Joseph Kony is a bad bad man who needs to be caught for violating human rights"

iamorbid

HSC
It was decent exam.
What did u guys get for the MC question about an accused being inccoent until proven guilty?? i put remand. Dont know if its right
Bail, you pretty much release them...
Remand is for serious crimes so not very innocent

Saksyyna

HSC
Overall fair paper, crime was a little tricky, but had some discriminating questions which is good.

Jigram

HSC
Sorry man it was bail.

If someone is held on remand then they have been deemed guilty to an extent by the state even though they haven't yet been found guilty.

Being released on bail, however, allows you to keep your freedom as you are still innocent.

Memento-mori

HSC
Crime question was fucked. And I did Kony/ Blood Diamond and how the media represented the issue of child soliders/ slavery as something that could easily be sold. Family law was kinda hard. World Order was fine.

tara1794

HSC
I'm like the only person who didn't talk about Kony for the Human Rights Question 2. aha I talked about the persecution of Falun Gong followers in China and how the media has been the most effective way (but still not good enough) in exposing what the Chinese gov is doing to their people.

waves2xv14

HSC
I thought it was a pretty fair exam :D crime was hilarious it gave me an opportunity to make up a case involving restorative justice and circle sentencing, much fun was had. Successfully predicted environment question :D world order meh...so happy everyone else wrote about KONY2012 fucking love you all

legallaura

HSC
It was decent exam.
i put remand too... hope its right!

NBGHHS

HSC
Did really well, reflected my considerably long and rigorous preparation before the exam (had an 8 day gap for this)
Crime and family questions were somehow linked in a small way (courts) so i was able to flow on in some fashion.
Consumer question couldn't have been easier, i think the majority of the state would have done part a of consumers
Crime was screwed up, but required some depth into certain issues, punishment and sentencing, police discretion, young offenders, current issues in the criminal justice system.

ALL IN ALL, if you knew your shit to some extent you could have done well.

legallaura

HSC
i thought the Charter of Rights 7 mark question was a pain... i mean how do you think up 7 marks worth of that?!

Crime was HORRIBLE! i said that courts are the main but not the only means of achieving justice: there are others such as CJC's, YJC's, and police discretion? - in issuing fines, cautions etc.
How did everyone else answer the Crime question??

I thought Consumers and Shelter were pretty straightforward. I chose b. for consumers and a. for shelter.

legallaura

HSC
I'm like the only person who didn't talk about Kony for the Human Rights Question 2. aha I talked about the persecution of Falun Gong followers in China and how the media has been the most effective way (but still not good enough) in exposing what the Chinese gov is doing to their people.
glad i found someone else that didn't do Kony!

i did Child Soldiers in general & how the media is essential in raising awareness of the seriousness of it, how many deaths, what the child soldiers go thru etc.

what u did sounds good... good on you!!

Keelan134

HSC
That was saaa easy. I even had Physics today and It was a good test. MC easy, Crime question was good, I disagreed with the statement and said the entire criminal justice system achieves justice, so went on about how the investigation, trial and sentencing process acheives justice. HR were very easy, Kony was a godsend haha. Workplace chose the contemporary issues and talked about the Grocon and CFMEU deal about discrimination of union-employees, and the lacking OHS compliance on site. Family I only wrote a full booklet, my writing is small though so thats enough, but just said how the court system doesnt give justice to children placed in foster care on court orders, being molested and shit, and that a lateline report spoke how children living over two households are more likely to get depression then those who live with a single parent. Then spoke about relationship breakdown and how the court allocates maintenance and property justly, however although de facto and same sex couples have access to the court, it isn't necessary, creating the potential for unjust outcomes of relationship breakdowns in these families. Looking for an 85 raw hopefully :)

manscux

HSC
^ i Agree with Keelan134 (i also had physics)

But i wrote 4 booklets for each of the options.. and i though the crime question was pretty different... but manageable....

:)

wogboy23

HSC
Out of curiosity, could someone please post the questions that were in the Human Rights sections this year, as well as the marks allocated to each questions.
Cheers.

nicolarobin

HSC
I wrote about the NT Intervention for human rights! Yay for not Kony!

Keelan134

HSC
Out of curiosity, could someone please post the questions that were in the Human Rights sections this year, as well as the marks allocated to each questions.
Cheers.
Cant remember the exact wording but heres what two of them were
How does the media aid in the promotion of a contemporary human rights issue (Spoke alll about Kony)
Assess the need for a Charter or Rights for Australia (3 pros, 3 cons, then for the 7th mark take a side (it said assess))

and can't remember the third one, anyone?

Myans

HSC
Cant remember the exact wording but heres what two of them were
How does the media aid in the promotion of a contemporary human rights issue (Spoke alll about Kony)
Assess the need for a Charter or Rights for Australia (3 pros, 3 cons, then for the 7th mark take a side (it said assess))
and can't remember the third one, anyone?
What is the impact of state sovereignty on the protection of Human Rights (3 marks)
With reference to ONE contemporary issue, explain how the promotion of human rights is influenced by the media (5 marks)
Discuss how a Charter of Rights would affect the protection of Human Rights in Australia (7 marks)

With discuss questions, you do not pick a side. you display positives and negatives. However, the question is not asking us to simply display positive and negatives of a Charter, its specifically asking to discuss the impact of a Charter on the protection of rights. I would hazard a guess and say the 7th mark comes from a basic definition of a Charter of Rights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)