General Thoughts: Mathematics Ext 1 (1 Viewer)

felinkity

HSC
it was really hard :(
Thinking I'll probably get 64-72 / 84 is that enough for a band 6 or E4 or whatever it is?
got a bit of a shock as i did the 2007 paper last night and got 81/84 but only just managed to finish that one :(
can't believe the asymptote was y=1 - i got that but thought it was wrong and spent 10 mins trying to figure it out then left it...

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
majorly failed. but not because it was especially difficult.
wish there was more binomial coefficient shit and circle geometry.
those other binomials were a different language to me.
my own fault for not learning how to do them though.

the easy ones were very easy but others i just couldn't do. pretty much didn't do q 5 6 7 and parts of 3 and 4 lol. I usually find curve sketching easy but that one was soo hard. grr

annoyed at the projectile question. i studied for that topic last night and this morning and blanked out when i got the question and forgot how to do it *cry.

If I coudld redo my hsc I wouldn't do maths at all. ..or I would do my homework.

lloyd7491

HSC
I was going into the exam thinking that it would be a disgusting exam, so i didnt put much study in because it wouldnt count in my ATAR, and it didnt matter if i bombed out anyway
i was thinking i could do Q1-4 pretty well and then just try and scalp marks in 5,6 & 7
but it was a really do-able test i think one of the easiest i have looked over (Mine you i didnt even do a practise exam lol)
and was getting a 66 lol but i thought if i had actually studied this would have been pretty good.

emmjee92

HSC
Uni Grad
i thought today's paper was harder than usual, and a bit weird, but not as hard as last year. a bit bummed i messed up the parabola question in 2c, but should be able to get full marks from Q. 1,3 and 4.

it was really weird coz there was no real cricle geometry question besides the last bit of Q.7 which i didn't get up to. I thought Q.7 was easier than Q. 6, because I had problems with the binomial question 6.(b)

anyway...should be able get mid-to-high 60's out of 84, but hoping for 70!

charlen

HSC
did anyone get 6 b) iii) to be n(n-1)(2n-1)/3

where did the 6 in the denominator come from :S
3! that where the 6 comes from

and the test was much harder than the last couple of years
q1-q5 was really easy but i thought q6 was worse than q7
77+ i reckon

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
I got 200 days after integrating and subbing in values. I hope that's right. It's 1 mark, so I think there was a simpler way.
dh/dt = a constant (where h was the depth)
that means that the depth was decreasing at a constant rate
hence the time taken for it to decrease from 3m to 2m wud be the same as the time taken to decrease from 2m to 1m
therefore it took 100 days (given in the question)

thats why it was 1 mark xD xD ...... but dw many ppl at my skool integrated and subbed in values

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
dh/dt = a constant (where h was the depth)
that means that the depth was decreasing at a constant rate
hence the time taken for it to decrease from 3m to 2m wud be the same as the time taken to decrease from 2m to 1m
therefore it took 100 days (given in the question)

thats why it was 1 mark xD xD ...... but dw many ppl at my skool integrated and subbed in values
LOL I did that. I didn't notice that the linear relationship could be utilised when I was in the exam room.

But still had time for everything so I guess it doesn't matter.

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
worst question was Q2 part b)

i got a fugly piece of shit for alpha, (arccos 3/5) which i checked like for a good 5 minutes before admitting to myself the angle was just not pretty.

felinkity

HSC
did anyone do the 2001 paper when practising? If so, what would you rate it compared to this exam - I thought 2001 seemed much easier... just trying to figure out what my exam might be scaled up to...
That binomial thereom question was so hard... and worth heaps of marks...

copeys

HSC
worst question was Q2 part b)

i got a fugly piece of shit for alpha, (arccos 3/5) which i checked like for a good 5 minutes before admitting to myself the angle was just not pretty.
Yeah. I saw that and went "I'll come back to that fugly angle later."

I never did :(.

team.red14

HSC
q1-4 I took a bit of time :chainsaw: but got throu...

the others were crazy, I prob wud get 6 marks tops for q7, the others porb 8-9 at most,

other than that it was a reasonable 3u paper

EXTENSION? LOL i totally died on the last 2 questions........

P.T.F.E

HSC
just couldnt believe the leap of diffuculty from first 5 to last 2 haha went from butt easy to kill me now hard.

esau

HSC
my teacher said that there is a new director who made all the maths tests this year and thus why there is a totallly new focus. I though the 3U last 2 questiosn were hard, can't even think of things to write to make it look like I know what I am doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)