General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

rascy

HSC
Re: How did you guys go?

axlenatore said:
I didnt have enough time for the test, lucky the supervisor gave us extra time for some reason "i felt sorry for you"
that's not very fair :mad:

friction

HSC
timmiejay said:
What do you guys reckon the cut off will be for an E4??
Low if it is as hard as people say. All my year found it pretty hard but then im not at a good school or anything.

timmiejay

HSC
friction said:
Low if it is as hard as people say. All my year found it pretty hard but then im not at a good school or anything.
The question is.. how low?

timmiejay

HSC
proringz said:
thats what I got
its 3'44'24
so its 3 hours and 44 minutes and 24 seconds.
so thats closer to 44 not 45.
which means its 12:44pm not 12:45pm

dolbinau

HSC
ahhliss said:
I remember it was closer to round down, but I rounded up because if you round down, it won't be cooked yet.

That's true. Damn. I hope they won't be that anal about it.

HSC
yehh that was ridiculous alot of people in my class walked out crying!! lol the BINOMIAL QUESTION-6!! QUESTION 7!! WAT ZE HEKKKK.. i did the 1 mark question..and spent like 15 min on the rest n couldnt even do anythinggggggggg. LOL i got stuk in Question 1 e!!! and wats with the SIMPLE HARMONIC MOTION... circle geo was good (easy actually) and the parametrics (if u did emply circle geometry methods) then was relatively easy (to the exam that is).. question 4 was nice :D and 2.. the rest... LMAOOO lets not even GO THERE!

HSC
i got 12:44 btw for the record the question asked us to make it to the nearest minute..not the MINIMUM time..

Triathlete

HSC
i love how the only people who thought it was easy were the 4 unit kids.
fags. why design an exam that half the people doing 3 unit cant do? seems pointless

bd101

HSC
yeah i got 71 in my trial
didnt even answer that much today
it sucks!

tnosrac

HSC
The test on the whole was fair, not too hard, but not too easy.

I do 4u, but I knew that there would be some element from 2u that i'd mess up. Thought it would be like a series or something, but not the cosine rule in 6.

CRANK-SHAFT

i'm on urPC,pwning n00bs
HSC
i m really disappointed with my performance. This was one of my major subjects and i really expected better...surprisingly I think i had more trouble with the earlier questions than the later ones. But then again, I made many silly mistakes and possibly counted the chicken question as 1:45 instead of 12:45 ...damn...

I dont know what happened, Its not that I didnt have time. I think i got heaps wrong and couldnt do the last f and e of question 7 and how does anyone do that SHM..wtf?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
CRANK-SHAFT said:
I dont know what happened, Its not that I didnt have time. I think i got heaps wrong and couldnt do the last f and e of question 7 and how does anyone do that SHM..wtf?
You had to use the formula max velocity = na and max acceleration = n2a and from there it was easy

adosh

HSC
does any one know if terry lee does 3 unti solutions,, and when does he post them if he does??

smileee

HSC
Originally Posted by Pwnage101
That was a ROUTINE, PEDESTRIAN 3Unit Examination, and if u dont think so, have u done the past 10 years HSC???

The reason u think it was hard is cause of the pressure - doin tests at home is ALWAYS easier than teh actual HSC

But if u compare this years to the past 5 years, it was pretty much expected - on a 'easy to hard scale', it was a little harder than the middle, but not OVERLY difficuilt

like seriously, u expect tow alk into a 3U examination and get all the Q's easily, it was designed (and has always been designed) to test teh ability of 3U students, and in doing so, of course there needs to be AT LEAST 5 marks which only the top 5-10% of students can 'get', or else it would be pointless

in saying that, im not saying it was easy, but its just not as hard as ppl are makin it out to be"

okayyyy
so long story short
- 4unit loved it
- 3 unit hated it (includes me)
- my teacher reckons 30 % will be the state average ( 25/84)
- spoke to my tutor & he said manage to pass & you've easily got mid E3

so don't stress, whats done is done.
im using this as motivation, if i fail this then i have to do better in the rest of my exams.
now go finish your exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)