General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

karnage

HSC
The turkey will be cooked at 12:44 pm.
OMFG
I forgot to write that. So thought i had that one, guess my fail has got even worse.

duy.le

HSC
tau281290 said:
I wrote 12:44 AM instead of PM. Will I lose a mark? That must be an issue of lack of time to think properly.
for sure they will give u it, bad error but not worth losing a mark for.

glockenspiel

HSC
tau281290 said:
I wrote 12:44 AM instead of PM. Will I lose a mark? That must be an issue of lack of time to think properly.
Yeah I doubt they'll penalise that.

erm

HSC
turkey eh?

they think we're gonna calculate the time it takes to cook a turkey on christmas day?!?!

jussybussy

HSC
Re: How did you guys go?

Pwnage101 said:
ppl complaining about circle geo LOL

What do u gusy expect??

its obvious there would be 3-5 marks on cricle geo in the exam, and the one they gave all u had to do was use some of the results

i meadn, come on guys???

do u expect them to do it for u????

they have to test ur ability in circle geo, so if u dont know the proofs, and u got it wrong/did not attempt it, then the TEST DID ITS JOB - its not there so anyone can get 100%, its there so that ppl with the ability and competency level required can do the question

i mean, if u dont know vertically opposite angles, alternat angle segment theorem, and that the exterior angle of a cyclic quad is equal to the interior opposite, Then obviously u havent achieved the outcomes of the course and should have got it wrong

seriously...
i think ur an arrogant barstard . . . . . u need to pull your head in . . . . . the test was considered reasonably hard all round therefore no one needs to hear about how smart u are so get off ya high horse

adnan91

HSC
karnage said:
The turkey will be cooked at 12:44 pm.
OMFG
I forgot to write that. So thought i had that one, guess my fail has got even worse.
I wrote 3hrs and 44 minutes later the turkey will be cooked. Which is 12:44 but i didnt write that down, the wouldnt take a mark out for that would they?

jussybussy

HSC
Triathlete said:
i love how the only people who thought it was easy were the 4 unit kids.
fags. why design an exam that half the people doing 3 unit cant do? seems pointless
thats a stupid thing to say, im a 4unit person and i found the 4unit test easier than the 3unit test.....obviously the BOS know wat is 3unit standard and wouldnt set the test to advantage 4unit kids... that would be stupid....

fadzware

HSC
that rate of change question with the car and the spectator was apparantly a 4 unit idea. i could only get the fisrt part, but had no clue on the rest. 3 marks lost coz we got a question not even in our 3 u sylabuss..... damn

Yamiyo

HSC
fadzware said:
that rate of change question with the car and the spectator was apparantly a 4 unit idea. i could only get the fisrt part, but had no clue on the rest. 3 marks lost coz we got a question not even in our 3 u sylabuss..... damn
that's absolute rubbish. it had nothing to do with 4U, it's just another 3U rate of change question.

duy.le

HSC
adnan91 said:
I wrote 3hrs and 44 minutes later the turkey will be cooked. Which is 12:44 but i didnt write that down, the wouldnt take a mark out for that would they?
im not sure about that...50-50 depends on the marking criteria and whether or not it was absolutely essential.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Yamiyo said:
that's absolute rubbish. it had nothing to do with 4U, it's just another 3U rate of change question.
+1

It was slightly unusual, but that's about it.

runnable

HSC
adnan91 said:
Yea not sure. RTQ. By say 3h 44mins LATER. What time are you referring to? Starting from 9am or 10am? etc.

DunnyBasher

HSC
duy.le said:
im not sure about that...50-50 depends on the marking criteria and whether or not it was absolutely essential.
I was under the impression that the correct solutions for Maths are determined when the exam is set, and then the intermediate marks between 0 and full are allocated after the exam based on how candidates actually performed. I assume this because, if you go through the marking guidelines, for full marks it (almost?) always says 'Correct Solution' for full marks. As the question was not answered (it required the time it finished, not the time after it started), then I would assume that a heap of students will lose 1 mark for that question.

runnable said:
Yea not sure. RTQ. By say 3h 44mins LATER. What time are you referring to? Starting from 9am or 10am? etc.
I think that, even if at the start of the question you stated that 9am is t=0 and at the end you said 3hrs 44mins after t=0, you still wouldn't get that last mark.

Last edited:

caraw

HSC
Re: How did you guys go?

Pwnage101 said:
ppl complaining about circle geo LOL

What do u gusy expect??

its obvious there would be 3-5 marks on cricle geo in the exam, and the one they gave all u had to do was use some of the results

i meadn, come on guys???

do u expect them to do it for u????

they have to test ur ability in circle geo, so if u dont know the proofs, and u got it wrong/did not attempt it, then the TEST DID ITS JOB - its not there so anyone can get 100%, its there so that ppl with the ability and competency level required can do the question

i mean, if u dont know vertically opposite angles, alternat angle segment theorem, and that the exterior angle of a cyclic quad is equal to the interior opposite, Then obviously u havent achieved the outcomes of the course and should have got it wrong

seriously...
well no need to rub it in to those that didnt get it. some of us aren't as perfect as you.. maybe its not their strongest point. ass hole

tomtom-11

HSC
layzeehbum said:
this is one of the hardest paper i've ever done in my whole life...
i would be over the moon if i pass this one... :(
mann i with u...hey neone else tink it was hard cum on dnt be shy..

btw do u reakon that paper would be scaled lyk HARD??

proringz

HSC
tomtom-11 said:
mann i with u...hey neone else tink it was hard cum on dnt be shy..

btw do u reakon that paper would be scaled lyk HARD??
Maybe not so much scaled hard, but high, maybe yes.

Last edited:

mick135

HSC
i liked the question where you got a mark for drawing the diagram
yeah - 1/84!

Rut Rut

HSC
yeh i rekon it was hard the projectile question suked it was pretty much nothing like previous ones plus Q7 was only on projectile it shulda been slpit up

Kiwijnr

HSC
i just relooked over q7 and it was an easy question...the only thing i had trouble with was a...but in the exam i was running out of time, saw projectile motion and decided to go over other bits i missed...pity, i might have passed doing q7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)