General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A
For the temp of the milk question, what were the constants A and B?

Ta7546

HSC
To get locus of q: dy/dx = 1/t , then differentiate x and y values for q in terms of t, then use chain rule (dy/dx = dy/dt x dt/dx) and you get a value for t. Then sub in values for t into x and y, you get x= 3^1/2(a)/2 , y= a/2. Square both and add together and you get a^2

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
I identified that it was a gp but couldn't knock the answer out. Will this obtain a mark?
You had to use limiting sum towards the end (well I had to) and yeh I think you will get a mark

QZP

HSC
i got Q4 wrong. LOL whatd you guys put

iStudent

HSC
I wonder what state rank cutoff will be. Hopefully not 70/70 cos I got 1 wrong :'(

panakap

HSC
I feel like since there was no probability in 4u, BOSTES decided to put 7 marks of it in 3u hahaha

Overall, pretty straight forward paper. I had seen the last probability before but somehow didn't manage to pull it off. Probably a 1 or 2 /3 for that. Other than that smashed it :)

GOsie

HSC
Accidentally missed 4 marks of the exam - didn't see it. Was furious with myself.

Happened to be the parametric locus. After reading all your responses I don't feel so guilty.

emilios

HSC
For the last part of the probability you had to realise that there were 2 GP's.

Then you do limiting sum of both and add them together. You use the previous part and you get the answer they wanted :D
omggggg i did all of that why did it not work out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)