General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
Lol, i was trying to change it into a+iy form, coudn't finish though
Still works though,

However, since is in the denominator, cannot equal zero, so I believe (but not 100% sure) that you need a hole/circle on the x-axis.

Last edited:

zhiying

HSC
is it ok if i just add them up together? it didn't take that long

Yes you can, I think that was the most straight forward way.

So what's everyone satisfied with? Personally I'd be happy with 105, didn't do as well as I would've liked. Damn pressure

largarithmic

HSC
Still works though,

However, since is in the denominator, cannot equal zero, so I believe (but not 100% sure) that you need a whole/circle on the x-axis.
once you get |z+1| <= |z| you can do it straight away by considering it geometrically

also lol riemann hypothesis much?

aichessee

HSC
Oh dear. This is doing nothing for my self esteem. I'm not sure whether this thread is made up of all the geniuses or whether I'm just far stupider than I ever thought, but I found it incredibly difficult. There were quite a few questions that didn't look like anything I'd practised before, and I really struggled with time issues, didn't get to give more than a glance at Q8 just as they said "pens down". I left out quite a few questions too - it's not possible for me to get more than 85. I found it generally much harder than all the past papers.

Still, congratulations to everyone else, it sounds like you all did wonderfully :)

D94

HSC
N/A
once you get |z+1| <= |z| you can do it straight away by considering it geometrically

also lol riemann hypothesis much?
I know, but other users wanted it in x+iy or a+ib form, so yeah. Tbqh, "riemann hypothesis" does not ring a bell; unfortunately, I'm no maths genius :(.

Staplerrr

HSC
Oh dear. This is doing nothing for my self esteem.
I couldn't agree more :/. I'm the only one doing ext.2 at my school so i've never really had anyone to work with or compare myself too. Still, i'm guessing most of these people go to Sydney schools? That makes me feel better :p.

michaeljennings

HSC
Oh dear. This is doing nothing for my self esteem. I'm not sure whether this thread is made up of all the geniuses or whether I'm just far stupider than I ever thought, but I found it incredibly difficult. There were quite a few questions that didn't look like anything I'd practised before, and I really struggled with time issues, didn't get to give more than a glance at Q8 just as they said "pens down". I left out quite a few questions too - it's not possible for me to get more than 85. I found it generally much harder than all the past papers.

Still, congratulations to everyone else, it sounds like you all did wonderfully :)
A lot of people here are extremely good at maths ext 2 and will probably get marks of like 98+. Dont feel bad if youve realised youve gotten a question wrong cos it would be extremely hard to get everything right. Just be happy maths extension 2 is over!!

HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of people here are extremely good at maths ext 2 and will probably get marks of like 98+. Dont feel bad if youve realised youve gotten a question wrong cos it would be extremely hard to get everything right. Just be happy maths extension 2 is over!!
Also given that tonnes of the state actually suck at maths (seriously).

largarithmic

HSC
I know, but other users wanted it in x+iy or a+ib form, so yeah. Tbqh, "riemann hypothesis" does not ring a bell; unfortunately, I'm no maths genius :(.
wikipedia it, the line Re(z) = -1/2 is very significant lol

twoey

HSC

I concur. I recently found put my school is ranked in the 500s, so being 1/4 in MX2 dooesn't count for much... anyway, I'm hoping for high E3.

brachester

HSC
Yes you can, I think that was the most straight forward way.

So what's everyone satisfied with? Personally I'd be happy with 105, didn't do as well as I would've liked. Damn pressure
105 is freaking gooddddddddd!!! i'm hoping for a low E4, i;m confident that i'll get higher than 70/120, maybe around 75, but it still depends on this year E4 cutoff though

khfreakau

HSC
so who remembered to put open circles on their graph in 3ai? i know i certainly did :D

HSC
Uni Grad
so who remembered to put open circles on their graph in 3ai? i know i certainly did :D
I did, but I put it at 0 instead of 2/pi T_T and then I drew the graph approaching 0 instead of 2/pi. looks like one mark will be deducted T_T

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I did, but I put it at 0 instead of 2/pi T_T and then I drew the graph approaching 0 instead of 2/pi. looks like one mark will be deducted T_T
Haha! Omg I did that at first and then I started doing trial and error with my calculator to make sure my graph was approaching the right direction and then i realised

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha! Omg I did that at first and then I started doing trial and error with my calculator to make sure my graph was approaching the right direction and then i realised
far out I should have done that T_T
next time, use calculator to find limits and find where the curve is going :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)