General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

LandCo

HSC
N/A
Last years paper was way easier.
I swear man.
Fml.
Laters unsw :\

mreditor16

HSC
Dw bro. Ur good. What do u think you got /100?
not sure yet, will wait for Carret's solutions and then will post my prediction in the "predict your mark thread"

BiasedBuffalo

HSC
I got wrecked, probably something in the 70s. I thought the start was much harder than most of the past papers, and they skipped the classic giveaways like roots of unity, induction etc.

QZP

HSC
for 13cii) I said that if PQ is tangential to hyperbola at M then gradient of PQ = gradient of tangent at M. And then I showed that. Is this a valid "proof"? Will I lose marks for bad style?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
for 13cii) I said that if PQ is tangential to hyperbola at M then gradient of PQ = gradient of tangent at M. And then I showed that. Is this a valid "proof"? Will I lose marks for bad style?
That isn't valid because you showed that PQ is parallel to the tangent, but it doesn't necessarily touch the hyperbola.

gahyunkk

HSC
That isn't valid because you showed that PQ is parallel to the tangent, but it doesn't necessarily touch the hyperbola.
What if u also have mentioned that PQ has a midpoint M thus PQ passes through M?

QZP

HSC
But it's given that M is the midpoint of PQ and also M lies on the hyperbola from (i)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
What? They told you this? Oh dear I didn't read the question, that's fine then =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)