General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

HSC
that was a really disappointing 4U paper to be honest. having a standalone 3 mark integral in the last q was upsetting, and everything but the circle geo in q16 was really straight forward and easy.
i bet 90% of the people who attempted circle geo part ii will have assumed that they were collinear and used vert opposite angles in order to prove it. took me a while to find a way around that.

so far i think i've dropped 1 mark in q6!! keen for solutions :D
Nice! Your name should pop up on SR list haha :p

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
a lot of people I talked to couldn't get the very last q out so idk, maybe it was kinda tricky? the mechanics proofs needed was just not happening...hoping to scrape some marks for attempting it haha

damn SR expectation for you very real rn
gg cause 4th internally

IR

HSC
Add one, minus one for the numerator. Then you can split it. You end up getting the original integral twice and you use IBP for the last bit so the answer is x/(1+lnx) iirc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. That. I instead did let x=E^u and then use integration by parts and u get the answer.

IR

HSC
We were blessed with no perms and combs and no probability [emoji108]
Yes I was literally crying with happiness during the test and then after the test I was raging cos of my stupid eyes that couldnt see a freaking minus and my freaking brain who didnt think of using quadratic formula for the conical pendulum question till the fcking last minute,

IR

HSC
SO BTW GUYS HOW DO YOU RECKON YOU WENT OVERALL? /100. The WORST POSSIBLE AND THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE AND THE EXPECTED POSSIBLE?

SilentWaters

HSC
aDimitri,

Did you get out the circle geo q. by proving the angles add to 180 degrees?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
SO BTW GUYS HOW DO YOU RECKON YOU WENT OVERALL? /100. The WORST POSSIBLE AND THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE AND THE EXPECTED POSSIBLE?
Best - 93/4 max (depending if my dodgy proofs get awarded any marks loool)
Worst - 83/4 (catering for any sillies etc)

IR

HSC
Best - 93/4 max (depending if my dodgy proofs get awarded any marks loool)
Worst - 83/4 (catering for any sillies etc)
Thats it you da man. We are so similar. My best is 93/100 and my worst is 88/100. Hey guys please post up a proof to circle geo ii)
I donno why but some people use angle in semicircle and then used vertically opposite to prove straight line. But that seemed to simple.

IR

HSC
wbu editor?

IR

HSC
Anyway there go my dreams of 98 :(

mirachael

HSC
I finished with around 15-20mims to go so it was a relatively easy paper. Expecting 99 raw.

IR

HSC
highest atm: 99
lowest: 95?
Dude you aced it. What school do you go to? I wish my brain didnt freeze during multiple choice but I guess it was just the trick of the eye, that I saw the wrong sign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)