General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Wow nice. I tried staring at it for 10 minutes but still couldn't get it :'(
Haha it took me about 10 mins but I didn't want to let it go :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I tried u = lnx, and x = e^(u) and IBP, but alas i did not succeed, and doubt I will get any marks for working
Dw I tried that first as well
Such a mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm so disappointed with the lack of activity on this thread

people please post opinions

(and solutions)

iStudent

HSC
What were the 2 complex roots? I got something but then when I subbed it into equation i didn't get 0 :((((
Checked it so many times still couldn't get it ugh

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I got a = 3/2 (or -3/2 can't remeber) and b=+/- rt15/2

GOsie

HSC
Multis: guessed like 2 or 3
11: straight forward but I think I messed up my volumes (I'm good at integrating in non-exam pressure. As soon as its in an exam, my integration falls to pieces)
12: went blank for bii) and classic integrating me couldn't get the recurrence relationship which now that I look at it again is fairly basic.
13: I think I messed up the volume, conics were nice and easy :) although took ages.
14: All pretty straight forward. I tried a few things for the conics including the reflection property until I realised I was making things hard for myself.
15: No idea for inequalities. Didn't get bii) out. I tried induction but couldn't get anywhere. What did everyone else do? Mechanics was alright. ci was fine. cii I didn't get. ciii I think I got and civ i dunno if my logic was okay but oh well.
16: Circles were pretty easy - I skipped part three 'cause I had 10 minutes to do the rest of the paper. No idea how to prove bi, bii and biii were straight forward though. Had no clue for c. Tried partial fraction but it lead to to 0=0, tried parts but let me to integrating log which don't know how to do. Tried a the subs, (u = 1 + lnx) (u=(1+lnx)^2) (u=xlnx) (u=lnx/x) but none worked for me - maybe a silly error or just the wrong technique.

Overall - hoping for 80-85, 70-75 is more realistic, any idea what those sort of marks would align to?

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Multis: guessed like 2 or 3
11: straight forward but I think I messed up my volumes (I'm good at integrating in non-exam pressure. As soon as its in an exam, my integration falls to pieces)
12: went blank for bii) and classic integrating me couldn't get the recurrence relationship which now that I look at it again is fairly basic.
13: I think I messed up the volume, conics were nice and easy :) although took ages.
14: All pretty straight forward. I tried a few things for the conics including the reflection property until I realised I was making things hard for myself.
15: No idea for inequalities. Didn't get bii) out. I tried induction but couldn't get anywhere. What did everyone else do? Mechanics was alright. ci was fine. cii I didn't get. ciii I think I got and civ i dunno if my logic was okay but oh well.
16: Circles were pretty easy - I skipped part three 'cause I had 10 minutes to do the rest of the paper. No idea how to prove bi, bii and biii were straight forward though. Had no clue for c. Tried partial fraction but it lead to to 0=0, tried parts but let me to integrating log which don't know how to do. Tried a the subs, (u = 1 + lnx) (u=(1+lnx)^2) (u=xlnx) (u=lnx/x) but none worked for me - maybe a silly error or just the wrong technique.

Overall - hoping for 80-85, 70-75 is more realistic, any idea what those sort of marks would align to?
If this paper aligns similarly to 2012 and 2013, I believe a mark 80-85 is 94-95, and 70-75 is 91-93 (i may be mistaken)

iStudent

HSC
15bii you use binomial on ii and it comes out quickly

iStudent

HSC
15 a you use a <b <c
and work from there . Hmm I could post a solution. (Can't believe I got that one considering how poor I am at inequalities)

iStudent

HSC
15cii you change cos^2 into 1-sin^2. rearrange and quadratic

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Yeah.... No I just want to pass :/
Struggled with everything except for q11 & 14 :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)