General Thoughts - Mathematics (1 Viewer)

HSC
starrysky said:
Same here. Thank God I stayed up all night and did past papers ...

I attempted every question, but lost a fair bit of marks due to idiocy/actualheaddesking/notcaring, even though I only have ten units. Shit.
Haha. :)

Yeah some of the last minute cramming I did was actually in the test, which I was surprised/happy about.

karljl

HSC
no it wasn't million

N=Ae^(kt)

Where N is the estimate for the number of mobile phones in use (in millions) and t in years...

so when t=1, N=1600 not 1,600,000,000
therefore A is 948 not 948 million

Bazanumber5

HSC
I did every past paper from 1986 to 2004 and thought that was the hardest!! Everyone does the same test so thats life! just so fucking long till we get our results! good luck ya'll..

eppingMCE

HSC
miss-smexy said:
That test was the worst test in which I have done so far out of all of my subjects. Thank god there's no more HSC mathematics for me for the rest of my life. Anyway, I did manage (I think) to get the mobile phone exponential question:

8(a) Correct
A = 984.6 mil
k = 0.4855....

Can someone check my answers? i'm kind of anxious... Did you get any of the following answers?! I know it doesn't matter anymore... but... XD

3(a)
(v) 200 units^2

3(b)
(iv) 200 days

4(b)
(i) 1/6
(ii) 5/6

4(c)
(v) (43pi-9-3root3) / 12

5(b) Incorrect
(iv) ln 32

6(b)
(ii) x=0,3
For x = 0... did you get a max/min... or was it a point of inflexion?!

7(a)
(i) S (0,4.25)

7(b) Correct
(ii) 4units^2

9(b)
(i) 39/52
(ii) 3/8

As you can see, I am crap at maths ='(

*cries*

6(b)
(ii) i think thats suppose to be a horizontal point of inflection

and for 4(c)
(v) (i got 19pi/6 +root3

cant remember the rest but i'm pretty sure ur proballitiy is wrong

Yep i got the same answer for 7a(i) too

lil dynamyt

HSC
I thought the test was quite hard from 7 onwards. I should get 95+

Last edited:

samuel slack

HSC
I also put July 2010. I have no idea why I got July either. I think it was because I didn't convert the answer that I got into months... maybe... honestly I have no idea how I did it.

thewog2004

HSC
for question 4 (c) duz any1 know the answer for (iv) and (v) i jus got the area of sector ABC wats MAJOR sector duz dat mke a differnece and the total area i got the area of the 2 circles LOL

OVERALL it was pretty guud actually!

dlesmond

HSC
ahh shit, i had october 2010 and just realised that it should have been november. oh well.

noitall

HSC
hated the growth and decay question, ive never done an exponential like that before ?????

i just think about all the people who had to do 4 unit and the fact i dont have to look at another maths problem forever or at least a while

hoping for 70+, good luck peeps

lil mon

HSC
Well.... I thought i did utterly and indescribably bad when I walked out. But some of the answers that everyone is posting up is surprisingly what i got. Im not WAY off as I first thought but that still doesnt mean that Im gonna get marks for the questions that I literally left out.
Had problems with
.. the probablitiy q (think it was q9)
.. finding the area of dat circle logo
.. q7 - show that SP is parellel to the directrix
.. the infamous 10b(ii)

As for the november/october 2010 debate - I got november (makes sense)
Im just soooo glad that maths is OVER!! clearly maths and I cannot co-exist

karljl

HSC
thewog2004 said:
for question 4 (c) duz any1 know the answer for (iv) and (v) i jus got the area of sector ABC wats MAJOR sector duz dat mke a differnece and the total area i got the area of the 2 circles LOL

OVERALL it was pretty guud actually!
good point - just lost a mark :(

The major sector would be the lightly shaded part which would be the majority of the large circle...
ie A = (√3.√3. 5pi/3 ) / 2

and total area is area of quad in (iii) and major sector from (iv) and then lightly shaded sector of small circle

HSC
I put down February 2011, because my birthday's in February, and February 2010 didn't sound right. :eek:

starrysky

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I put down February 2011, because my birthday's in February, and February 2010 didn't sound right. :eek:
I ... wrote nothing. :eek:

Stupid exponential growth and decay. (N)

Platinum

HSC
HATED IT!!!

I got 108/120 for my trials, which was supposedly very hard and ranked 2nd...and then I had to stuff up the test that counted the most!!! Every time I think about the paper, I think I lost more marks...so don't want to think about it anymore.

No more Maths! Yay!!!

lezzerX

Exploding brain syndrome
HSC
Growth and decay was November coz it was 10 full months + a bit more...I thought the exam was ok, 10b i got the first part and i think i got the 2nd part of Q8 (there was a similar question in my ext 1 trial lol). I fucked up loan repayments though (forgot to multiply by 1.06 again) :( oh well...i hope to get over 105...

Does anyone know whether i'll get a band 6 if i get around 105 raw and i came second in my year with 89%?

vendetta711

HSC
well if it was found to be in the middle of october, but the question ws asking for the first month that was over 4000mil, october is rong coz at the beginning of the month < 4000, therefore november is the first month with over 4000...i think

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
starrysky said:
I ... wrote nothing. :eek:

Stupid exponential growth and decay. (N)
Well I couldn't do 30% of the paper properly, something is often better than nothing.

Platinum said:
HATED IT!!!

I got 108/120 for my trials, which was supposedly very hard and ranked 2nd...and then I had to stuff up the test that counted the most!!! Every time I think about the paper, I think I lost more marks...so don't want to think about it anymore.

No more Maths! Yay!!!
So much for getting 82/120 and beating over three-quarters of the 2U cohort internally then only to crash and burn in this exam.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)