General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

duggalicious

HSC
after seeing the solutions my bum is sore from the ass raping i got in that exam

people are crying over a band 4... fuck i am going to be lucky if i get a 3

lovedilara

HSC
i went home and cried.. totaly unmotivated to study for extension the next day. But the good thing is most people found it horrible so it'll get scaled up..

boxhunter91

HSC
Dont think bout it lovedilara. You done your best.
I admit much harder then i anticipated.

Lord of Darknes

HSC
yeah there was enough info. you used the given info to find k then using k find the time for a given amount of radiation
i thought it was easier than previous years, i expected some crazy trig max/min problem somewhere in 7-10 that you'd have to work out and stuff but it was pretty simple q10 took the least time out of any question (except q1 of course lol)

blacksheepboy

HSC
i found the test a lot harder than any of the past papers i'd done with the exception of 9 and 10 being two of the easiest questions in the paper.
i found 6c) and 7b) difficult and i completely guessed correctly at graphing the derivative question.

i'd say i got around 100-105 if being fair

cata

HSC
hello band ONE!!! MY WROST EXAM EVER. :O I hate it, its going to bring me super down!!! wahhh! :(
i only survived until Question 4 then the rest i just totally gave up, although i'd except Quetsion 10 to be a demon question except it was totally DO-ABLE to my surprise!! ;)

I can't believe the first question was "DRAW THIS GRAPH" and that made me blank for a second since i was like "they never told us to draw in the first question before"!!!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
hello band ONE!!! MY WROST EXAM EVER. :O I hate it, its going to bring me super down!!! wahhh! :(
i only survived until Question 4 then the rest i just totally gave up, although i'd except Quetsion 10 to be a demon question except it was totally DO-ABLE to my surprise!! ;)

I can't believe the first question was "DRAW THIS GRAPH" and that made me blank for a second since i was like "they never told us to draw in the first question before"!!!
ARGH!

I've totally be thrown off from this slight curb in the road... I have to crash because I am totally unable to adapt to change. A lot of kids are very shitty with the changes in the exams this year. SORI for the obvious (although it was quite significantly different) but... the exams are not meant to be so word for word the same.

Thecorey0

HSC
y did every1 seem to fail? it was the easiest piece of shit, 120 for the win :)
Although I agree with you to a degree, I doubt anyone on these forums will get 120, although there was last year. If you don't get first in the state, you just made an idiot of yourself.

M@ster P

HSC
Re: Man that was a hard paper!

Seriously guys that was NOT a hard exam. Problem is all of you go in there expecting some stupid format, like repetition of questions by doing a million past papers. Best you can do for maths is completely understand a concept and it's all good. Hate to be an arsehole but usually I do past papers as well, this time round I did like 2 and instead made sure I knew my rules to the t and all the concepts made complete sense without flaw (sounds stupid but it worked much better than past papers this time)...and that exam was a piece of cake...if you know the concepts you can do any question but half the state goes in there and chucks a massive whinge back here when we don't get a question they have seen before. Thank god HSC is changing away from a memory exam (although memory is my forte, very good at memorising essays, etc) it's changing so kids actually understand what they are doing stop little fuckers just memorising something but no even bothering to understand! Band 6 here I come! :)
The paper was much harder for the average students, because questions from 1 - 6 were harder then usual and that is where they pick up most of their marks. For better students this paper would have been easier because they should be able to answer all the questions. I reckon the average will be below the usual 50% as the average 2U student would have found it difficult.

cheezz

HSC
WTF was up with the decay question about radium? I swear there wasn't even enough information to complete the answer! That test was dodgy...
haha there was defintely enough information there... it just wasnt using numbers.

pretty hard test for a mathematics exam... ext 1 was worse.

cheezz

HSC
Re: Man that was a hard paper!

Seriously guys that was NOT a hard exam. Problem is all of you go in there expecting some stupid format, like repetition of questions by doing a million past papers. Best you can do for maths is completely understand a concept and it's all good. Hate to be an arsehole but usually I do past papers as well, this time round I did like 2 and instead made sure I knew my rules to the t and all the concepts made complete sense without flaw (sounds stupid but it worked much better than past papers this time)...and that exam was a piece of cake...if you know the concepts you can do any question but half the state goes in there and chucks a massive whinge back here when we don't get a question they have seen before. Thank god HSC is changing away from a memory exam (although memory is my forte, very good at memorising essays, etc) it's changing so kids actually understand what they are doing stop little fuckers just memorising something but no even bothering to understand! Band 6 here I come! :)
haha. rant much? but i agree. was a piece of cake... if i didnt blank on how to do the chain rule... most simple thing might have lost me 4 marks... bummed cause was aiming for >115. I thought maths was a subject where you cant memorise anything but the rules? you have to know what you're doing. :) oh well... im stoked with it.

amrit92

HSC
That test was bloody insane! I studied all i could but i still found it hard. I had done all of the tests from 1967 onwards and this was by far the hardest yet!
HOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAP??! You what?? Thats 42 papers r u serious?!! INSANE did u study anything else?! lol now thts determination lol i did like 3.. So glad to hear that this year was the hardest then, cos i got boned.. so hard for 2u.. stpuid roller coaster one lost me and the radium one was balls i screwed up initially then realised stuff Q=A or something so... the test was so long i ran outta time real bad some the questions were so demanding like Simpsons Rule for 7 functional values GET LOST!

y did they have to such a hard test THIS year!!! :rofl: oh well SCALING is the name of the game it should scale shitloads since practically everyone found it hard.

Cube root

HSC
That was hard!
Definitely rapes last years exam, the exponetial question in question 6 was almost identical to a question 10 one I had done in the past.

AND THE FUCKING SUPERVISORS DIDN'T SEE ME PUT MY HAND UP FOR MORE PAPER, I LOST 5 MARKS IN QUESTION 3 BECAUSE OF THEM :chainsaw:
HAHA! BAD LUCK BUDDY! I agree it was a hard exam, but what I'm seeing is that alot of people found it hard...so maybe the cut offs for various bands will be lower and therefore more people would get into higher bands than expected.

Dr Love

HSC
This test was pretty easy.. I added up marks i know i got for sure and got 100/120 about 83% raw.

boxhunter91

HSC
This test was pretty easy.. I added up marks i know i got for sure and got 100/120 about 83% raw.
No offence but that aint such a good mark if you consider it 'easy'
I found this test difficult.. despite getting at least 105.
Made some stupid mistakes but meh.

Dr Love

HSC
No offence but that aint such a good mark if you consider it 'easy'
I found this test difficult.. despite getting at least 105.
Made some stupid mistakes but meh.
Considering i only got 39% in my trial it seemed pretty easy compared. Im not a genius at maths and seeing 83% was an achievement when i went into the test hoping to just pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)