General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Mythril

HSC
Hmm...for that question I remember putting down C and I checked it twice or thrice in the remaining 30-40 minutes that I had after finishing the paper.

maths94

HSC
i stuffed up my equation i didnt write it properly...the tile one with 1980 and 10 percent the equation i did was

178.2/0.09=1980

the original area was 162 and 10 percent of that is 16.2 so 162+16.2=178.2
and the m^2 of the tile is 0.09 soo....

178.2/0.09=1980

that was my equation

eggy444

HSC
what was the answer for the rectangular prism being cut through a line and they had 2 diagrams on it .... i guessed it.. AH -(B)

at the time all answers looked right =(
the answer was the one cut from the top diagonal to the other cause the base needed to be 4 so you would have rolled the prism towards you to cut diagonally, or cut from the top oppostie corners...if that makes sense
i tink it was CH or something like that :p

Last edited:

dinosaurtomatoe

HSC
N/A
One of the questions about integes really confused me!

It was like: Which one of the following is ALWAYS TRUE:

1) a positive minus a positive is a negitive

2) a negitive plus a positive is a positive

3) ........

4) ........

NONE OF THEM WORKED!

dinosaurtomatoe

HSC
N/A
Translation is just moving the triangle.

I didn't know what it was, and I worked it out o__O
I mean seriously, if it wasn't flipping or rotating, what is the ONLY other movement that can be made on the triangle...

I thought it meant you both flipped and rotated it :(

Mythril

HSC

3) ........

4) ........

NONE OF THEM WORKED!
Nope, the fourth one worked. If I remember correctly, the fourth one went something like when a negative no. is subtracted from a positive no. and gives a positive answer. Basically, this one's right because if a negative no. is subtracted, the no. turns into a positive integer. Remember, a negative and a negative gives a positive. But yeah, this question wouldn't make sense to many because of the wording of the answers.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
That question kinda stumped me as well... until I re-read the question and the choices like 3-4 times over ^_^"

Yeah it was that one.

hul0

HSC
what was the answer to that question about the rectangle's area on the number plane?? i put 8, but idk if its right
i put 8 as well.... i think.. but i put B for sure
you had to use the equations of the lines and properties of a rectangle like equal sides and stuff :|

lauraloo21

HSC
what did people put for the question about
whats her name being 30 years old. and in 10
years she'll be 20 years younger than william.
How old is william no?

i was like wtf. it doesnt work?

They had a richmond timetable in it :)
yaya my hometown :)

miss giggles

HSC
what did you guys put for the question that said what which information would benefit the shop owner the most the :mode,median or mean to see what glove size he should manufacture
:jaw:

Mythril

HSC
what did you guys put for the question that said what which information would benefit the shop owner the most the :mode,median or mean to see what glove size he should manufacture
:jaw:
I put mean because the mean is basically the average and most people fit into the average category.

miss giggles

HSC

3) ........

4) ........

NONE OF THEM WORKED!
i found that hard as well but i ended up putting a negative number subtracted from positive gives positive as i thought you could do something like 3-(-4)=7

maths94

HSC
I put mean because the mean is basically the average and most people fit into the average category.
i put MODE as it occurs the most often...and mean isnt really correct the mean for one wouldnt be a whole number and it doesnt really help him

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Nope, the fourth one worked. If I remember correctly, the fourth one went something like when a negative no. is subtracted from a positive no. and gives a positive answer. Basically, this one's right because if a negative no. is subtracted, the no. turns into a positive integer. Remember, a negative and a negative gives a positive. But yeah, this question wouldn't make sense to many because of the wording of the answers.
yes the fourth one worked, it was weirdly worked but it ended up being like "X--Y" which would be a positive.

Mode, its the most common size among the population. Mean takes in account of outliers which would be foolish and all other options would just be dumb to consider xD.

Last edited:

Mythril

HSC
However, the mean is the central tendency of the entire population meaning that most of the population would be between that category, give or take one, and plus if it's a decimal you either round it up or down and I can't remember if there was any outliers in the question. But if I did get it wrong, oh well, it's only one and so far i've gotten everything all right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)