General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Ride on i feel like I got that, except just took one more step to make it x = sin^-1...

And I found the exam to be the most difficult out of the all the past papers. The format through me off more so than anything. I'm used to having the questions gradually get harder as you go, not a difficult one or two thrown in each question.

Btw for 16. i. did anyone make both of the gradients equal to find x? Like the dy/dx = 5

ie. 4x-3=5
Yeah, I made them equal if I recall correctly.

terryzjh

HSC
sorry ruse kid
somebody call for a ruse kid?

the general consensus at ruse was that this was definitely not your typical 2unit paper, and im 18th in the grade there and im
estimating a 92 or 93 raw. and this is ruse, so yeah. go figure. smile guys ! :)

terryzjh

HSC
what the hell are you all talking about. that paper was so easy.
so far i'm estimating about 94-95/100 raw score. that was fucking ridiculously easy hahahahahahahha
if it was actually as hard as everyone has been saying, then i'd guess the cutoff to be about 80
dude no way, ill be getting somewhere near there and i definitely was suprised by the level of difficulty of this exam. no need to flaunt and be a dickhead, if youre really that smart, you dont need to say it.

Shazer2

HSC
I did it slightly different:

Last edited:

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Yeah last year's exam was so easy. I'm pretty sure the band 6 cut off was 90.

emmabravica

HSC
Hard exam compared to past years... did not really follow the pattern of easy to hard!

Quick question... I did all my graphs/shading in pencil, is that okay?! Because I read around here that pencol doesnt get picked up by the computers :/

terryzjh

HSC
pencil does! when you do those tests and you fill in bubbles its with pencil and those are marked electronically, so unless the bos is primitive im sure itll pick up. lol i did it in pencil too :/

HSC
Personally I found the exam really difficult... thought i was set for 2u after trying last year's exam, nek minnit -_-

fatima96

HSC
This thread has just increased my doubts of getting a band 6. Can't sleep :(
The thing that kills me is that I was so stressed. That pulled me down so much. Such an unfair test of our capabilities

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
This thread has just increased my doubts of getting a band 6. Can't sleep :(
The thing that kills me is that I was so stressed. That pulled me down so much. Such an unfair test of our capabilities
How come? Everyone was give the same exam and the goal of the exam is to rank your capabilities according to the rest of year 12 students doing 2U.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Got it right but wasted so much time thinking about this question -_- probably lost a good 8-10 minutes that I could have spent looking through my test.
Dame

I got sin 60 (x=60), which obv can't be right but I put it down anyway

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
How much time did you guys have left after completing the last question to recheck your work?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
0 minutes

I skipped a fair amount of questions so if you count that then about 30 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)