General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Wants2bDr

HSC
N/A
So I lost a total of maximum 13 marks (if I'm being hard on myself). So a raw mark of 87/100.

Does anyone know approx what exam mark this would be?

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
Revised my estimate to 80/100.... (Very confident that it will be my raw mark, unless the markers are generous, in which case ~+3) Do you guys reckon I'll scrape through for a B6? Literally lost 10 marks from being a complete retard and making the silliest mistakes of my life. Far out. ;_;

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Revised my estimate to 80/100.... (Very confident that it will be my raw mark, unless the markers are generous, in which case ~+3) Do you guys reckon I'll scrape through for a B6? Literally lost 10 marks from being a complete retard and making the silliest mistakes of my life. Far out. ;_;
well whether or not you get a band 6 depends on your assessment mark. from what others have been posting, my guess is that 80-83 will align to a low 90s / borderline 90s exam mark but your assessment makes a fairly big difference to your over band

hjed

HSC
no, it was sinx = 7sqrt(3)/26. the question explicitly stated find the exact value of sinx. that is as simple as it goes.
Shoot, your right ... I hope I don't lose marks for writing the extra line x= sinh(7srqt(3)/26) :/

avhead

HSC
well whether or not you get a band 6 depends on your assessment mark. from what others have been posting, my guess is that 80-83 will align to a low 90s / borderline 90s exam mark but your assessment makes a fairly big difference to your over band
Topped every single test in Semester 2... overall rank second, and topped the CSSA trial. (2nd because I had some pretty serious family issues for the first half of the year, so I literally didn't study/do homework or anything) So I think my assessment mark is decent...

Last edited:

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Topped every single test in Semester 2... overall rank second, and topped the CSSA trial. (2nd because I had some pretty serious family issues for the first half of the year, so I literally didn't study/do homework or anything) So I think my assessment mark is decent...
you should make a band 6 then. saying there is a cut off mark for band 6 in the exam is idiotic because the exam is 50% so if you did really well in assessments and the rest of your school also did pretty good in yesterday's exam you'll get a band 6. just try not to worry about this stuff :) you'll find out eventually, more importantly is TOMORROWS EXAM! T_T

HSC
Oh my! I'm in a very similar position to you! I made THE most retarded mistakes in my life! No joke... We just had to screw up this test didn't we?! Fuarrrr So frustrating knowing that you could have gone much better!

avhead

HSC
Literally would have gotten 90/100 raw easily if I just took a deep breath before and reading the questions properly. I lost marks in Q11!! :(

Oh well haha lets just wait and see what happens, it's done now, there's no changing it. Be glad it's over!

Samir97

HSC
what the hell are you all talking about. that paper was so easy.
so far i'm estimating about 94-95/100 raw score. that was fucking ridiculously easy hahahahahahahha
if it was actually as hard as everyone has been saying, then i'd guess the cutoff to be about 80
I'm estimating the same as your mark but you should admit it wasnt like other papers, defs one of the hardest there was, and if it was "ridiculously easy" then why can we see you estimating 98-100?

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
I'm estimating the same as your mark but you should admit it wasnt like other papers, defs one of the hardest there was, and if it was "ridiculously easy" then why can we see you estimating 98-100?
because I made multiple stupid mistakes. the only thing in there that wasn't a stupid mistake was the volume of revolution that turned out to be 8pi/3 not 136pi/3
other than that, it's shit like putting -2<m</=2 when it clearly should have been m>/=2, m<-2

Samir97

HSC
because I made multiple stupid mistakes. the only thing in there that wasn't a stupid mistake was the volume of revolution that turned out to be 8pi/3 not 136pi/3
other than that, it's shit like putting -2<m</=2 when it clearly should have been m>/=2, m<-2
Well this was a harder than average paper to me

HSC
Literally would have gotten 90/100 raw easily if I just took a deep breath before and reading the questions properly. I lost marks in Q11!! :(

Oh well haha lets just wait and see what happens, it's done now, there's no changing it. Be glad it's over!
Same here man!! I did heaps of practice papers and I was getting above 90% in almost every one and had an average of 93% during the year!! But, I get into the exam room and I can't think straight! Fuarr! Lost marks in Q11 as well :/ (just like in the trials hahaha)

True that! It's over!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)