General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you find the exam? Share your thoughts here.

jononie

HSC
WW1 - tricky, source analysis sources had limited signifance with 'tactics and strategies of breaking the stalemate'
Germany - Weimar question good, although couldn't explore past 1929, which was a bummer. Nazi consolidation question was limited, you could only refer to events between 33 and 34.

Personality - good overall, basic question.

Cold war - good developments question.

zxreth

HSC
I thought it was decent. I didn't bring the paper home with me but i can give a description on what the questions were about until someone uploads the paper.

WW1: mainly to do with tactics/strategies used to break stalemate
Germany: significance of Treaty of Versailles OR consolidation of Nazi Power
Personality: a) outline THREE significant events in the life of your personality b) assess the contribution your personality has made to national/international history

WIK123

HSC
Did well until the end where I didn't finish the conclusion, how many marks will I lose?

SonOfAGun

Banned
HSC
fuk the cold war essay was the exact one i did for trial but i ignored it like an idiot. overall a really good exam.

KingDakai

HSC
What a good paper...

I only studied for League of Nations in CIE and IT CAME UP! SO LUCKY!
Otherwise I would've gotten very bad ahahaha

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
nailed it. but one question, what did everyone pick for the question that asks what indicates the war was still in the early stage???? the source c question

spaceflower

HSC
nailed it. but one question, what did everyone pick for the question that asks what indicates the war was still in the early stage???? the source c question
I said the trenches because they looked new but they were constantly building trenches. That's a trick question.

Glorious

HSC
Good exam!

Predicted both D'day and league of nations just before entering the exam room :/ LOL.

and they both came out!

KingDakai

HSC
I said A) becuase their uniform was new

that question was pretty hard. i said that because trench life was harsh and not as pretty as it looked in the picture meaning the war must have just started?? not sure if its right though

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
I said the trenches because they looked new but they were constantly building trenches. That's a trick question.
yea that one got me thinking abit, vegetation...not necessary....just that little part of grass doesnt mean much, clean uniform....could be from the reserve trench line, trench...they always build trenches, so i picked the gauze mask cause i thought the gas mask was only introduced in 1918, before that time they piss on their mask. i dunno

KingDakai

HSC
yea that one got me thinking abit, vegetation...not necessary....just that little part of grass doesnt mean much, clean uniform....could be from the reserve trench line, trench...they always build trenches, so i picked the gauze mask cause i thought the gas mask was only introduced in 1918, before that time they piss on their mask. i dunno
shieee i think this is right.

great ghosts

HSC
thought i did pretty good, a lot better than what i thought when i sat down and looked through it all. the personality section was so, so god. b) really went with leni. and the weimar question, oh my god, so glad i went over that as much as i did. first section was okay, would of liked another source instead of that trenches photo they gave us, but eh.

Sculzyoner

HSC
1. ww1- tricky but 3 last minute multiple choice changes ensures a 25/25
2. Trotsky- part a unexpected but managed to circumnavigate & part b pretty generic to ensure a 23/25
3. Russia- generic as fuck & ridiculous quotes sees a 25/25
4. Indochina- again ... part b was very generous and incorporated most of the topic as well as Pol Pot to ensure a solid 23/25

D94

HSC
N/A
Fairly straightforward and predictable exam; sort of makes it more worrying that the cutoff for a Band 6 may be much higher this year, or that there will be new standards for marking.

Sngbrd06

HSC
I think I did as well as I did in the trial, in which I got a raw mark of 90, so hopefully it works out. I'm really happy with how I went, surprisingly, because I was so stressed in the morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)