General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

juliastegner

HSC
Thoughts; WW1 was definitely the hardest I'm expecting 18/19/25 for that section. The rest was pretty okay as it was predicted.

juliastegner

HSC
Lol, fair enough. At least people found one or the other easy lol

Nope, it actually did occur. Marker might think you have an in-depth knowledge ;)

But you did have to refer to the guaze somewhere.
thank youuu! :)

Stretch21

HSC
Lol - pretty good memory I have here. We cant even take the papers home! =/
Wait what, why? Do your teachers take them or something? Strange nonetheless.

Indochina did not have Pol Pot, it specifically stated 'consequences in Vietnam' not indochina
Respectfully disagree. Here is the question:

From 1965 the US implemented a policy of direct military involvement in Vietnam.

Evaluate the consequences of this policy.

Initially, the policy was a "policy of direct military involement in Vietnam", but then the policy was later expanded to include Cambodia. I reckon that they infer Cambodia, but the question wouldn't make sense if it said:

"From 1965 the US implemented a policy of direct military involvement in Vietnam and Cambodia."

As there was no direct military involvement in Cambodia in 1965.

Overall pretty decent, cant complain

WW1 - yer i have no idea about the question that people are arguing over here, i put down conditions of the trenches but now i think about it the vegitation seems more likely, still no clue.
the source analysis texts we were given to analyse didnt actually relate a great deal to strategies and tactics but it was still easy. did anyone notice the picture has like no information about it all? lol obviously unreliable aye
I put vegetation, but there were some awesome arguments that people raised earlier in the thread as to why it is the gas masks. Multi-choice was actually pretty hard I reckon, most were easy, but this one, and the tank/aviation one took some thinking.

I also reckon BOS made a mistake and the 10 mark WWI question was supposed to be Sources D and E.

Germany - the nazi consolidation question was so narrow, i doubt many people across the state looked at it. i did the weimar one. didnt remember a great deal of specifics about the treaty of versallies but instead i said the treaty indirectly played a big part as the remunerations payments that were forced on germany in the war guilt clause brought about the occupation of the ruhr leading to hyperinflation leading to dawes plan leading to start of great depression the path of which ensured failure of the weimar republic + the treaty enforced democrasy upon germany and it was from this that the weimar constitution was constructed- constitutional flaws article 48 and proprortional representation..... ionno, i'm hoping thats enough to get me a raw band 6 mark in this section
Yeah, I reckon that was the way to do the Weimar question, to show how it led to other political and economic catastrophes.

Personalities (Albert Speer Represent) was a little strange. Didn't bother reading part a in reading time (just assumed it would be normal *doh*), when I got to it, I had to quickly decide what events I was going to do. Part b like very very similar to what they normally ask in part a, but they tacked on the assess part of the question.

Indochina, as stated, everyone did Part B. I honestly thought Part A was going to be a question on the Gulf of Tonkin, prepared pretty heavily for that one, especially for the resolution. Not the end of the world as part b was awesome.

Happy with all of it, except the WWI question on the photograph, I even remember my teacher saying before the exam that trees and vegetation indicates that it is an early stage of the war. Just based on the evidence, I am gonna agree with the others and say it was the gas masks. That is why I hate multiple choice, if it was a 2 mark question, then I would be able to justify it. History is supposed to be all about view points and arguing them, but multi-choice prevents this.

Skyzor

HSC
Do markers make a big deal if you write with a blue pen cos black pen is preferred? Midway through my last essay my pen ran out, had only one backup pen which was blue and didnt have time to ask markers cos it would take them 2 minutes to come to my seat and ill lose time, so i just got my blue pen and used it. Do they really care what colour it is? My last essay is half black half blue :)
Nah it isnt a big deal, I imagine it is a pretty common occurrence.

Might serve to wake up the marker if they lost attention, lol

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
I did USA 1919-1941 :) Foreign policy all the way baby! How did you go?
all good, prepared essay ftw :D but it really annoys me how bos constantly asks great depression like since 2004 they have asked every year how great depression 1. cause social tension 2. is due to REP 3. how to fix it.....they have never asked anything like industrialization and conservatism stuff like that, oh well, its all over anyway woohoo

Sevgu

HSC
N/A
It was D (vegetation) because the question asked how does this show the EARLY stages of the way, and the gas masks and goggles didnt come until later when the phosgene, chlorine and mustard gas was used.

The exam was pretty good, the peronality question took a little bit of thinking for Speer and the Conflict in the Pacific questions weren't exactly predictable, otherwise things went well hoping for raw of 95+.

Out of interest did anyone else do conflict in the Pacific? It seems kinda unpopular
I did conflict in the pacific. I found both of the questions extremely hard, I definitely screwed up!!

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
My favorite question would be question A in Conflict in Europe.

Generic paper, my predictions for everything was spot on except for Weimar .... Does anyone have an idea what raw mark would be required for a state ranking?

nivvnavv

HSC
source based questions were absoloutely effed . what wer the board of studies ppl thinking? they had nothing to do with breaqking the stalemate!

eyeswideshut

HSC
annoyed at the exam actually. that vegetation, gas mask, trenches, uniforms question was sooooo vague and the 2nd part of the personality question was easy which means that they won't be able to differentiate from people who really know their stuff and people who just memorised and thought 'you beauty' when they saw the question

Stretch21

HSC
source based questions were absoloutely effed . what wer the board of studies ppl thinking? they had nothing to do with breaqking the stalemate!
Yep, I'ma agree. Didn't do stimulus material in Modern History or Adv English well at all.

maryroser

HSC
I didn't mind the source stuff, everyone talking about it now is making me a bit worried. For the 10 marker, i just talked about the key battles mentioned in source D (ie. the Somme) and how they were intended as breakthrough battles and then there was some quote from the source that i used to prove that when that failed attrition was used in an attempt to break the stalemate. and source C, you just talk about how new weaponry was devised in an attempt to break the stalemate. that was the original purpose in using gas, machine guns, and the tank.

Lis020393

HSC
Would you lose the whole 6 marks if you used the wrong sources for the 6 marker but answered the question predominantly based on own knowledge with 3 or 4 references to the sources?
Yeah I know I screwed up WWI, I just need to find out how screwed I am :(

jakusss

HSC
Everything was generally good, especially the South Africa and Conflict in the Pacific questions.
I liked both questions for each and then it just came down to which questions had more points on it haha, WWI on the other hand -____- was hoping Turning Points or the homefronts :(

maryroser

HSC
Would you lose the whole 6 marks if you used the wrong sources for the 6 marker but answered the question predominantly based on own knowledge with 3 or 4 references to the sources?
Yeah I know I screwed up WWI, I just need to find out how screwed I am :(
I don't know. i almost did the same thing. i spent heaps of time talking about source D, and then realised that it said source B and C so hopefullythey'll accept the source D stuff as my own knowledge. i crossed out all the explicit reference to the source. you might get 1 or 2 marks but probably not more than that

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Section one was section one. Gross.
Evaluate the perspectives on a photo? Huh. Didn't give much information on the photo either, so I just speculated.

Germany's question was as expected. :)
Did Weimar.

Question 10a was stupid.
And no quote?! Good.

I expected Cold War to be about that but it didn't help me much. I sucked at the Cold War.
Did the one of Disarmament and the ending, was pretty average response

wallabies112

HSC
N/A
yay i changed my answer at the last minute. i wrote gauze as well. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
same here couldnt of been condition of trenches as they can repair them, vegetation may grow back, i just randomly thought of poppy seed flower things that was my justification hahahha so i picked gauze mask. and the other multi choice with planes n tanks n cavelry etc i chose mobility for getting over barbed wire etc

wallabies112

HSC
N/A
LOL my friend in the ypres photo of trench thought they were fixing or putting up some sort of pipe or something to extract the gas out of the air so they didnt get affected. we got out and he told me and i had the pleasure of informing him they fixing bayonets hahahhaha

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL my friend in the ypres photo of trench thought they were fixing or putting up some sort of pipe or something to extract the gas out of the air so they didnt get affected. we got out and he told me and i had the pleasure of informing him they fixing bayonets hahahhaha
omg.......lol......how do people afford silly mistakes like that in the hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)