General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I wrote about how they got to prominence events which made them prominet

I'm sure they'll accept a variety of answers as people would have interpreted it differently
Officially in the syllabus (for Leni) it detailed the start of her dance career to meeting Hitler

However I interpreted it as start of dance career to de-Nazification trial

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
crap not looking forward to my Weimar essay.... talked about economic issues and deflationary policy and how it exposed constitutional flaws (article 48 and backroom deals) and Hitler's appeal that increased due to Weimar issues.

YuMaNuMa

HSC
So you focussed on issues after the Depression rather than stuff like Kapp Putsch and Treaty of Versailles?
I linked all that to the rise of nationalism and decline in support for the democratic government and mentioned how the Great Depression represented all that was wrong with republic and put the wind in nationalist groups' (nazi predominantly) sail. According to my teacher, you can go either way but it appeared as if they were specifically targeting dp1.

Plaguesbread

HSC
N/A
crap not looking forward to my Weimar essay.... talked about economic issues and deflationary policy and how it exposed constitutional flaws (article 48 and backroom deals) and Hitler's appeal that increased due to Weimar issues.
pretty much what i did, yeah. and what happened after the great depression and explained in detail how that gave hitler power/popular support + how the backroom deals ultimately ended weimar in 1933 jan 30. dunno how a 'consolidation of power' approach would get above a 20.. without mentioning pre-depression + constitutional faults. it's a very syllabus-dotpoint 1 style questoin, gradually moving onto the second dotpoint. if you answered it as consolidation and whatever else i dunno man

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
pretty much what i did, yeah. and what happened after the great depression and explained in detail how that gave hitler power/popular support + how the backroom deals ultimately ended weimar in 1933 jan 30. dunno how a 'consolidation of power' approach would get above a 20.. without mentioning pre-depression + constitutional faults. it's a very syllabus-dotpoint 1 style questoin, gradually moving onto the second dotpoint. if you answered it as consolidation and whatever else i dunno man
I actually didn't talk about backroom deals that much... I said it was a symptom of Weimar disunity.

I also stated the collapse of the Weimar Republic as the moment Hitler was elected Chancellor due to his promises to destroy democracy, but it kinda started with the advent of Presidential Rule (Art 48)

HSC
Technically Weimar persisted after Hitler became Chancellor. It was a legal way he came to power. In 1933 he banned the KPD and that wasn't very democratic but still upheld Weimar standards. In 1934 he used the Enabling Act to ban all other political parties. This virtually killed democracy but again it was still according to Weimar laws and he even held elections (with NSDAP as the only party). Only when he became Fuhrer did it DEFINITELY collapse, because it eliminated the Weimar positions of Chancellor and President, fusing them. You can't just say that when Hitler became chancellor, Weimar collapsed.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Dat exam :)

Did Section 1 in 21 minutes, Section 2 in an hour (needed to coordinate my thoughts, Second 4 in an hour and Section 3 in about 40ish minutes
I reporting u to the board. 1 minute extra?

Plaguesbread

HSC
N/A
Technically Weimar persisted after Hitler became Chancellor. It was a legal way he came to power. In 1933 he banned the KPD and that wasn't very democratic but still upheld Weimar standards. In 1934 he used the Enabling Act to ban all other political parties. This virtually killed democracy but again it was still according to Weimar laws and he even held elections (with NSDAP as the only party). Only when he became Fuhrer did it DEFINITELY collapse, because it eliminated the Weimar positions of Chancellor and President, fusing them. You can't just say that when Hitler became chancellor, Weimar collapsed.
yeah alright, cool. but the enabling act was in 33'. march i think
i wrote 7 pages with 6 words per line about everything else.. so idk, max i would get is 23?

HSC
Probably right about that date. I don't know. I think you could do it either way to be honest because there's no time to do both. You either focus pre-Depression or post-Depression.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Well.... the Weimar Republic didn't actually collapse, just the ideals fusing it together did. The constitution was still there but it just wasn't used.

who

HSC
I'm terrible at history would be lucky to get 50!

HSC
Well.... the Weimar Republic didn't actually collapse, just the ideals fusing it together did. The constitution was still there but it just wasn't used.
I agree with that, although that's largely semantics. But the point I make is that those "ideals" certainly were still around when Hitler became Chancellor, only falling apart afterwards.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
He smiles politely back at you. You stare politely right on through.

As he goes left and you stay right. Between the lines of fear and blame, you begin to wonder why you came.

HSC
He smiles politely back at you. You stare politely right on through.

As he goes left and you stay right. Between the lines of fear and blame, you begin to wonder why you came.
For some reason these lyrics make me think of Speer and Hitler when they drift apart. So emotional.

natcam

HSC
N/A
Great Depression (b)

Intro The Great Depression and its economic impacts set the scene for the collapse of the Weimer Republic and the reconfiguration of German politics. Essentially the “social, political and economic cleavages” (Motyl) fragmented German society and “put the wind in Hitler’s sails” (Taylor). The economic effects were exacerbated by the Burning’s deflationary policy, which saw the German populace turn against and lose faith in the Weimer Republic. Out of this German politics became progressively polarised, providing Hitler and the Nazi party with a key opportunity to gain the support of the German people and conservative elite

Exam argument Argued it was the fundamental catalyst for the collapse of the Weimer Republic and democracy, which paved the path for the growth of extremist parties and political intrigue of the Harzburg Front bringing Hitler to power and providing basis for the formation of the 3rd Reich.

1) Wall Street Stock Market crash - economic crisis = political disillusionment revitalised, linked it to the political crisis where no party could gain majority
2)Great Dep paired with Proportional rep being a unstable political system, and depression causing disagreements within the Muller coalition seeing resignation of Muller Gov (the last democratically elected gov)
3) Bruning's deflationary policy in an attempt to handle economic problem, merely exacerbated the economic and social problem, leading to the Reichstag reaching a total impasse --> article 48 and seeing emergency decrees increase by 5 - 65 between 1930-32 = collapse of democratic process, linking to widespread support of the extremist parties due to futility of the Reichstag to solve to problem
4) Rise of extremist popularity reflected in 1930 election --> tied to workings of Hindenburg's close circle advisers
5) Political crisis catalysed by the GD swayed Hindenbury --> dismissal of Bruning and appointment of Papen --> linked to paving path for Hitler after 1932
6) 1932 Presidential election and Reichstag = Huge Nazi vote where 52% Reichstag was filled by the KPD and the NSDAP --> papen leading intruge to bring Hitler to power (communism and desire for old imperialism) tied back to depression causing such popularity

what yall think ?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Great Depression (b)

Intro The Great Depression and its economic impacts set the scene for the collapse of the Weimer Republic and the reconfiguration of German politics. Essentially the “social, political and economic cleavages” (Motyl) fragmented German society and “put the wind in Hitler’s sails” (Taylor). The economic effects were exacerbated by the Burning’s deflationary policy, which saw the German populace turn against and lose faith in the Weimer Republic. Out of this German politics became progressively polarised, providing Hitler and the Nazi party with a key opportunity to gain the support of the German people and conservative elite

Exam argument Argued it was the fundamental catalyst for the collapse of the Weimer Republic and democracy, which paved the path for the growth of extremist parties and political intrigue of the Harzburg Front bringing Hitler to power and providing basis for the formation of the 3rd Reich.

1) Wall Street Stock Market crash - economic crisis = political disillusionment revitalised, linked it to the political crisis where no party could gain majority
2)Great Dep paired with Proportional rep being a unstable political system, and depression causing disagreements within the Muller coalition seeing resignation of Muller Gov (the last democratically elected gov)
3) Bruning's deflationary policy in an attempt to handle economic problem, merely exacerbated the economic and social problem, leading to the Reichstag reaching a total impasse --> article 48 and seeing emergency decrees increase by 5 - 65 between 1930-32 = collapse of democratic process, linking to widespread support of the extremist parties due to futility of the Reichstag to solve to problem
4) Rise of extremist popularity reflected in 1930 election --> tied to workings of Hindenburg's close circle advisers
5) Political crisis catalysed by the GD swayed Hindenbury --> dismissal of Bruning and appointment of Papen --> linked to paving path for Hitler after 1932
6) 1932 Presidential election and Reichstag = Huge Nazi vote where 52% Reichstag was filled by the KPD and the NSDAP --> papen leading intruge to bring Hitler to power (communism and desire for old imperialism) tied back to depression causing such popularity

what yall think ?
well I'm stuffed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)