General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

AdrianaZ

HSC
such a good exam. really predictable! I don't think it won't scale as good this year though since everyone seems to have done well :(

Stompy2008

HSC
WW1: The booklet they provided
National - Russia & Soviet Union: 3 Booklets
Personality - Trosky: 2 personalised booklets
Studies Peace and Conflict - Conflict in Europe: 2 Booklets

PatrickH

HSC
Pretty good exam
trials went 25/23/20/23 so im hoping for basically a similar mark but I went way better in Trotsky in HSC than trials, so that should offset a not as solid CoiE.

Just by the by, I write between 220-250 words a page, what does every else write? I didn't feel to booklets for Stalin but a quick count was well of 1,000 words. Does any know the mark cut for words (as stupid as that sounds) but bare minimum for a 23/25?

Candidate

HSC
LMAO at the amount of people falsely thinking they will get band 6 (including me)!

I hated the USA questions, and my teacher did as well (option B at least) and I was really pissed there was no consumerism, although I think I did alright with racism.

The Indochina questions were so stupid. The Khmer Rouge again? They asked that question in 2011, so I was shocked they repeated it almost word for word so damn soon. I did the Tet Offensive question– not sure how I did. I linked it to antiwar movements etc.

The head supervisor announced 5 mins to go, when there were 10, so I rushed my USA conclusion and sat there for two minutes waiting for pens down D:<

Section 1 was really easy

HSC
In terms of the Weimar question and the impact of the GD I actually took a different tact. I only alluded to issues pre 1929 such as TOV and the old right but I actually focussed on how government incompetency, Nazi dynamism, constitutional flaws and Hitler were the key issues that collapsed Weimar. I effectively did a consolidation of Nazi power essay but with constant links back to the GD, because I argued that democracy technically didn't end until 1934, when Hitler became Fuhrer. Prior to that, democracy was in a mock way still functioning (largely due to constitutional flaws). I'm not sure how well the markers are going to take that but hopefully they will appreciate something different. :uhoh: Anyone else take this path or am I all alone?

Last edited:

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
In hindsight, kind of disappointed at the fact that it wasn't harder and tested out those who actually know their content than those who didn't

Candidate

HSC
In hindsight, kind of disappointed at the fact that it wasn't harder and tested out those who actually know their content than whose who didn't
dw almost everyone thinking they got like 23/25 won't actually get that high.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
dw almost everyone thinking they got like 23/25 won't actually get that high.
Option A for Germany, which probably 98% of the people who did Germany would have done was too generic. Honestly, if someone even attempted a past question before the exam it would have been that.

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
In hindsight, kind of disappointed at the fact that it wasn't harder and tested out those who actually know their content than those who didn't
Agreed. I'm feeling less and less confident the more I read about the stuff that I didn't include in my arguments, (Because I studied so much stuff that in hindsight was irrelevant) compounded by my mediocre Riefenstahl response.... ugh ;_;

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Agreed. I'm feeling less and less confident the more I read about the stuff that I didn't include in my arguments, compounded by my mediocre Riefenstahl response.... ugh ;_;
Judging by the recent posts, I'm sure those who did Leni will get scaled better than other personalities for question B

TurtleyyEpic

HSC
Just to reiterate, the answer to question 2 is almost certainly "only statement 2 is correct" because on the map (source A), Verdun is not shown to be an area where the German forces made territorial gains. Besides from memory, the Germans never completely captured it - they got close but they had to send a portion of their forces elsewhere, and at the same time the French rallied and yeah managed to hold onto Verdun.

Overall I'm hoping for 23-24 for each section. The exam was fairly easy and a friend and I predicted both Cold War questions haha. Though I'm not overly confident because at the end of the day, you never really know how well you went and how they'll mark etc.

Candidate

HSC
Option A for Germany, which probably 98% of the people who did Germany would have done was too generic. Honestly, if someone even attempted a past question before the exam it would have been that.
That means more competition though. The USA questions were harder, so hopefully a lower mark will get pushed up.

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Good exam overall :) Guys- for the multiple choice question about the map, not the first one though, what was the answer? "Statement 1 was correct, Both Correct, Only One, Neither?"

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Just to reiterate, the answer to question 2 is almost certainly "only statement 2 is correct" because on the map (source A), Verdun is not shown to be an area where the German forces made territorial gains. Besides from memory, the Germans never completely captured it - they got close but they had to send a portion of their forces elsewhere, and at the same time the French rallied and yeah managed to hold onto Verdun.

Overall I'm hoping for 23-24 for each section. The exam was fairly easy and a friend and I predicted both Cold War questions haha. Though I'm not overly confident because at the end of the day, you never really know how well you went and how they'll mark etc.
My teacher who will be marking the Germany section also just confirmed.

Candidate

HSC

This is correct

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC

The Somme was initiated to divert attention from Verdun and they held onto it with the THEY SHALL NOT PASSSSSSSS attitude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)