General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
yeah, about how hitler attempted to shape nationalism through nazi racial laws, culture and hitler youth etc...
Although that's true, its not really answering the question. The question asked about how it was triumphant over democracy, surely its harder to talk about elements of the totalitarianism in power because not only was there no democracy to triumph over but in reality there was very little opposition at all. How did you go about linking that to democracy? I thought the simpler way to go was foreign policy

NotCricket

HSC
How many pages are you looking to write for a 25/25? I wrote the full booklet + 3 extra (last one was only one page), and the full booklet + 2 for the other.

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
How many pages are you looking to write for a 25/25? I wrote the full booklet + 3 extra (last one was only one page), and the full booklet + 2 for the other.
Quality over quantity. If you wrote 100 pages of narration you wouldn't get 25. It all comes down to your level of detail and argument. You can easily get a 25 with 6 or 7 pages

russ3l

HSC
Have you ever been told quality not quantity? :p granted you answered the question, you've written more than enough for 25/25

NotCricket

HSC
Have you ever been told quality not quantity? :p granted you answered the question, you've written more than enough for 25/25
Yeah but they're not mutually exclusive haha. I mean, if I can write that much, I might as well.

NotCricket

HSC
Also pls check the state rank thread again I had a question :)

Ayesssha

HSC
Well that was fucked..... hardest exam by far and this was my 5th one hahahaha
WW1 was shitty thanks to mc, what even was that shit, made us read legit a whole book in one of the sources too
Germany I did initial consolidation which luckily I knew most the content of but I totally didn't expect it cos they just did it a few years ago, A I didn't even attempt reading
Part B of personality was pretty hard to link to my arguments of Leni, pretty sure I wasted time on part A
Conflict in Europe...... GET FUCKED I am soooo glad I don't have to do that shit again. Chose A even though I knew B would be in it cos even though I studied I didn't get shit so I ended up bullshitting so bad on air forces the whole time
Overall = probs a mystery mark fuck

narutofire21

HSC
all 3 sections were normal and for section IV [CONFLICT IN EUROPE] i didnt plan or study anything to do with the war so i bullshited the whole booklet. Id be happy with 75 raw but not to sure

clo16

HSC
what answers did you put for multiple choice guys?

Dogs4Life

HSC
Although that's true, its not really answering the question. The question asked about how it was triumphant over democracy, surely its harder to talk about elements of the totalitarianism in power because not only was there no democracy to triumph over but in reality there was very little opposition at all. How did you go about linking that to democracy? I thought the simpler way to go was foreign policy
Nazism in power was only one paragraph of how i answered the question. I used it to talk about how once in power, democracy had failed, Hitler used these things to strengthen nationalism, showing the people that democracy was weak and was created by the government of weimar (the whole stab in the back thing) and thats why during his reign, he pointed out that failures of democracy to address the people and thus they would never go back to it again.

I get its not a clear link to the question, but my first 2 bodies were my main points on nationalism.

Simile

HSC
N/A
Lol, I stopped at 34, when all the parties dissolved, then I was like gliechsaltujg brought under everything control. Then it was done. After the hitler got enabling act there was no 'democracy'

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
How was the Personality section SSH? I guess I actually do like writing about Trotsky lel.

viserys

HSC
Lol, I stopped at 34, when all the parties dissolved, then I was like gliechsaltujg brought under everything control. Then it was done. After the hitler got enabling act there was no 'democracy'
see this is why i avoided this question, nationalism can exist in democracy. its not a system of government. i mean ho chi minh was a nationalist and hes on the other end of the spectrum

consolidation seemed much simpler and im shocked at the amount of people doing nationalism

russ3l

HSC
Nazism in power was only one paragraph of how i answered the question. I used it to talk about how once in power, democracy had failed, Hitler used these things to strengthen nationalism, showing the people that democracy was weak and was created by the government of weimar (the whole stab in the back thing) and thats why during his reign, he pointed out that failures of democracy to address the people and thus they would never go back to it again.

I get its not a clear link to the question, but my first 2 bodies were my main points on nationalism.
Just to chime,

the way I answered the question was nationalism, to a large extent, did triumph over democracy in the period between 1918 and 1939 (no shit) because:
1) the intransigent/rigid mindset of most Germans were bounded by nationalistic ideals and disproved a complete acceptance of democracy in a nation that held a proud history of authoritarianism etc. mentioned chiefly the Treaty of Versailles that stripped Germany of its national power/pride etc.
2) hitler was able to use the notion of nationalism to attain populist support amid an anti-democratic, politically disillusioned climate (I should have also mentioned the role of propaganda in furthering this emphasis on nationalism but got too caught up in the heat of writing).
3) the doings (rearmament, grossdeustchland etc.) of Nazi foreign policy that were underpinned by nationalistic ideals effectively dismantled the Treaty of Versailles and thereby restored German pride - a clear triumph over democracy that failed to fully overcome this 'diktat'

in hindsight, really could have mentioned a lot more things but i suppose that's how the hsc game goes :) wrote some 7.5 pages, which should be about 1000 words for me

Last edited:

Simile

HSC
N/A
Didn't the nationalism triumph over democracy when the enabling act was implemented?

Simile

HSC
N/A
see this is why i avoided this question, nationalism can exist in democracy. its not a system of government. i mean ho chi minh was a nationalist and hes on the other end of the spectrum

consolidation seemed much simpler and im shocked at the amount of people doing nationalism
But wouldn't you interpret,democracy for freedom to choose, but after Hitler became dictator via the enabling act, as he brought he everything under his contro, doesn't that make no-democratic nation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)