General Thoughts: Music 2 (1 Viewer)

Lina3

HSC
Any thoughts?

It was a pretty fair exam I reckon.
Question 1: Love Schubert, so it was pretty good. No surprises.
Question 2: The Handel oboe concerto was beautiful...shame I couldn't transcribe it :(
Question 3: Ehh fine but didn't like the 5 marker at the back, there was too much to talk about.
Question 4: Sooo happy because my other 'significant composition' was also by Nigel Westlake :D Maybe could have done it it more depth but it was ok.

Last edited:

yoyo987

HSC
I liked everything except the rhythmic and melodic dictation. Couldn't do it at all.

madharris

HSC
N/A
does anyone have the scores and possibly remember the questions?

Lina3

HSC
I liked everything except the rhythmic and melodic dictation. Couldn't do it at all.
Yes same, but I personally knew I wouldn't be able to do it. When its a teacher playing really really slowly on the piano I can manage, but could never do any they have given in the HSC.

does anyone have the scores and possibly remember the questions?
No sorry, forgot to take the scores for some reason :/

gee-dee-enn95

HSC
Question 1 - Schubert - fine, no problems at all.
Question 2 - Handel - beautiful. Couldn't have asked for an easier dictation, the second part about pitch was great as well. Perfect pitch helped with this question :)
Question 3 - Schuman - yeah, I hated the 5 marker. Just like Lina3 said, there was way too much to talk about. First part about tone colour and texture was fine but yes, the 5 marker was a bit overwhelming.
Question 4 - Westlake essay comparison thing - loved it. I was so glad to see them giving us one of the works like they did last year, it took the pressure off a bit! This question worked well for me, spoke about duration and pitch, used my core performance piece ;)

Overall I thought it was a great exam, no huge problems or regrets :)

Lina3

HSC
Not gonna lie though, I kinda wish I did the Music 1 exam instead.

I'm sure you all know why.
LOLOL I know!! To be fair though, I listened to only half of the firework song and started to get a headache XD. People in Music 1 said the look on the face of the supervisors was priceless when the screaming started! In my exam, the old ladies were just bobbing along happily to the music...says a lot about the stark contrast between the two courses.

gee-dee-enn95

HSC
All the Music 1s at my school burst out laughing when the screaming started. They got death stares from the supervisors lololololol.

We only had one supervisor (there were only 3 of us in the class) and she fell asleep during the exam!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)