General thoughts on the 2008 CSSA Trial Extension 1 Mathematics Paper (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ameher said:
lol did u get the qn 7 cause thats definetly 10 marks lost for me there
I got Q7. It was basically "prove" question so I shouldn't have lost a mark in that. But I am not sure about parametric. I had to skip the last part of parametrc as I was running short of time...

P.S. It's out of 12.

ameher

HSC
lyounamu said:
I got Q7. It was basically "prove" question so I shouldn't have lost a mark in that. But I am not sure about parametric. I had to skip the last part of parametrc as I was running short of time...

P.S. It's out of 12.
lol oh yer i atleast got 2 marks from it for some of the parametrics, but yer i stuffed the proving, ahwell hopefully i can learn for the hsc cause our school gets a couple of E4s a year

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ameher said:
lol oh yer i atleast got 2 marks from it for some of the parametrics, but yer i stuffed the proving, ahwell hopefully i can learn for the hsc cause our school gets a couple of E4s a year
Good luck in your MX1 HSC journey.

ameher

HSC
lol thanks, btw i go to pats fairfield if anyone heres from there how'd u find it?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ameher said:
lol thanks, btw i go to pats fairfield if anyone heres from there how'd u find it?
Go to "Members List" and search it through school, I think.

erm

HSC
there was this other polynomial q.

said something like show p2[/su]-6q>0

used the discriminant but got p^2 - 8q>0

anyone else?

ashik1

HSC
ameher said:
namu lol looks like ur gonna get an E4, i reckon im gonna miss out, my ranks gonna be second so hopefully i still have a chance at an E4
The guy who topped maths ext.1 last year didn't get 100% as a raw mark neither was he ranked first. Our trials are next week wootwoot, ive heard that trials for 3u gets crazy and even the smartest screw up heaps but it doesnt reflect at the end cos a 64/84 scales to a E4 wtf?
I'm just hoping I can get 85%. Anything over and it'll be an amazing result cos I doubt that any1 else can get 84-87%+ as a raw

ameher

HSC
karnage said:
Who were the writers again?
our maths coordinator at fairfield pats was co-writer Brother Domenic, n hence the hard test makes sense lol,

ashraf91

HSC
i rememba dat question, it was 4p^2-24q den it simplifies, den explaination i said sumfin like if it =0 den it must be a doulbe root in the derivative, and wen u go bak to d original it increases to be a triple root, root ov multiplicity 3, u get wat i mean??

i neva got to do question 6 or 7, didnt even look at em, horible exam

bogdanovs

HSC
ashraf91 said:
i rememba dat question, it was 4p^2-24q den it simplifies, den explaination i said sumfin like if it =0 den it must be a doulbe root in the derivative, and wen u go bak to d original it increases to be a triple root, root ov multiplicity 3, u get wat i mean??

Dosn't it just come out that theres a stationary point at x= p/q or something?

iluvGG

HSC
brendanstacey said:
DONT DROP IT!!!

If your getting 50-60 for that exam your basically garanteed a band 6. Remember to compare yourself to the rest of the state, of whom most would fail this badly.
is that true??! i think i failed! is it still possible for me to do well in this subject (i only have 10 units so can't drop but am kind of freaking out after that exam!)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
ameher said:
I go to Fairfield Pats!
I was one of the Year 11 Accelerated guys doing the test... near the door.
I thought the test was pretty hard, because I'm pretty sure the accelerated guys in Year 11 were not ready for it - we crammed the whole 3u course (11 and 12) in less than 2 terms.
Who are you btw, and who's class are you in? Brother Dom's or Bourke's?

melc47

HSC
Yeah, I did that htest today. I found that it was mainly a matter of timing for me...I started out great and thought "YES! I'M DOING WELL!!!" and then I started running out of time and skipped various bits and pieces... Damn 2 hour exam for 7 questions!!!

Anyone got their marks back yet???

erm

HSC
melc47 said:
Yeah, I did that htest today. I found that it was mainly a matter of timing for me...I started out great and thought "YES! I'M DOING WELL!!!" and then I started running out of time and skipped various bits and pieces... Damn 2 hour exam for 7 questions!!!

Anyone got their marks back yet???
sif we just did the paper today

AonE-3

HSC
erm said:
there was this other polynomial q.

said something like show p2[/su]-6q>0

used the discriminant but got p^2 - 8q>0

anyone else?

you had to find the roots of the equation in terms of p and q, then find the relationship between it via substitution or squaring.

btw for the growth decay question, did anyone get 24.xxxx. im positively sure thats the answer, you had to substitute the constants like in locus questions, then integrate it

Poad

HSC
For the growth one, I got t = 0.024.. (or maybe it was just 0.24..) years, which equated to 9.66 days (therefore AFTER the 9th day.. thats what I said anyway)

tambourine

HSC
Zephyrio said:
t = approx. 9-10 days.

=)

It was really difficult, but not impossible.
yay i got 9-10 days...i think it was 9.66 or something :)
woooooo hehe so happy about that...but yeah omgosh it was hard :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)